IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Disappointed to read that about Baines. It's not the worse thing anyone could have said. But I guess by Martinez reaction that he is feeling the pressure.

I can imagine that Baines is sorry for saying those words publicly as he isn't the type who likes to draw attention but I'm sure he meant what he said. Although it was straight after a crap defeat to Utd...the best time for a journo to ask questions!

From Martinez view, I suppose it's attention that he could have done without just now.

For me newty it highlights a highly paranoid individual who will not be questioned. Baines never said anything wrong - he was basically saying that the players weren't clicking... that they were reliant on individuals doing. Nothing in there pointed to Martinez but he has reacted completely wrong and it will backfire on him.

Looking back you could see Roberto's unease when Carragher grilled him on MNF on sky...

As soon as the new guy came in the whole landscape changed for Roberto - before he was very comfortable managing plucky Everton with their expansive football that belied their smaller spending status under a chairman who has proven to be very loyal to his managers. It appears to me that Moshiri has bought an expectation that is making Roberto a bit hot under the collar...

"Yes, Leighton is absolutely correct in his statement. He is an experienced head with phenomenal character and wisdom, and I respect his honesty. And he speaks the truth - we do need to work on the team chemistry because it clearly wasn't demonstrated on the pitch today. We can and need to do better. It is something that we are working on as a team, its a collective effort, and I won't be 100% satisfied until there is a real team chemistry being shown at every minute on the pitch. Its experienced players like Leighton being honest enough to recognize the fact that we need to do better and I respect him for speaking out. No one individual is bigger than the shirt and we all need to take responsibility, including myself. I make this pledge to do everything in my power to make our fans and players proud."

Not in this lifetime........

It will be interesting to see how we play against Watford, if we lose, have a gutless performance and it becomes clear the players are not playing for him this may well force the board to act.

With a FA Cup semi final coming up soon we a need a team, management and fans united. The fans and management are disunited, if the Martinez loses the dressing room then the board will have to act.

I am very disappointed in Martinez. I still want him to succeed, and know he is under so much pressure, so can understand him tearing his hair out when a senior player speaks out of turn. But to respond the way he has is poor.

I hope he can turn it around, I like others think he is so close to achieving something great, but episodes like this make me come to saying enough is enough.

I would not be against a Moyes return at all. I would also not be surprised if he's one of the favourites should Martinez go. Moyes gets us,he fits and the only thing holding him back was finances. I'd like him back, there's unfinished business and with the backing of Moshiri I'm convinced he can better us. He seems to be waiting in the wings.

Prepared for the bay Sayers but I'd have him back 100%. Couldn't care less what he did when he left he had an opportunity to manage the biggest club in the world it didn't work out, just like Martinez hasn't here.

Interesting he highlighted Kendall's first two seasons where we finished 8th and 7th but makes no reference to the fact that at the end of 1983 we were 16th having scored eleven goals in twenty-one games (conceded twenty-three), when he'd have been screaming for him to be sacked along with everyone else.

Ain't hindsight wonderful?

I would not be against a Moyes return at all. I would also not be surprised if he's one of the favourites should Martinez go. Moyes gets us,he fits and the only thing holding him back was finances. I'd like him back, there's unfinished business and with the backing of Moshiri I'm convinced he can better us. He seems to be waiting in the wings.

Prepared for the bay Sayers but I'd have him back 100%. Couldn't care less what he did when he left he had an opportunity to manage the biggest club in the world it didn't work out, just like Martinez hasn't here.

If he never took the piss out of us to the press in his pursuit of baines and fellaini and showed us respect then there wouldn't be an issue on a temporary basis. But nah, he did so he can fuck off.

If he never took the piss out of us to the press in his pursuit of baines and fellaini and showed us respect then there wouldn't be an issue on a temporary basis. But nah, he did so he can fuck off.

I'm open to other option but realistically who else is there? Mancini? Laudrup? Emery? All good shouts but moyes has to be considered.

For me newty it highlights a highly paranoid individual who will not be questioned. Baines never said anything wrong - he was basically saying that the players weren't clicking... that they were reliant on individuals doing. Nothing in there pointed to Martinez but he has reacted completely wrong and it will backfire on him.

Looking back you could see Roberto's unease when Carragher grilled him on MNF on sky...

As soon as the new guy came in the whole landscape changed for Roberto - before he was very comfortable managing plucky Everton with their expansive football that belied their smaller spending status under a chairman who has proven to be very loyal to his managers. It appears to me that Moshiri has bought an expectation that is making Roberto a bit hot under the collar...

Dunno about paranoid. He's probably thinking to himself that he could do without the extra pressure! But it is what it is...fix it!

There's certainly hints from the players body language when we went 1-0 at Utd that there is a lack of belief now creeping into the camp. Either that they wouldn't be able to turn it around, or a 'oh no here we are again' fed up type reaction.

I agree though that Moshiri presence will bring a new weight of expectation. But who knows? Maybe Moshiri will talk to Martinez and think 'actually, if I give this man a few quid he can complete this jigsaw...if this style only works with a better standard of player, I'll give him those players'. No one knows.

At the end of the day, results matter. If Martinez can't get the results that the club demand, then he has to go. He needs a large slice of the 24 points left to play for.

I must admit I feel a bit gutted at this situation. I've always held Martinez in high regard. Always admired the way he talks about the game, the way he likes to play the game. I've always thought that Martinez was a great fit for this club with his personality and aura. And let's be honest, he has done a lot of good stuff here. But results count. There's a lot of alarming things going off recently that is more than a one off and is making the milk go sour.

Whatever happens, I hope it works out for him one way or another, now or in the future. Maybe he needs to be sacked to realise he needs to be more versatile in his approach? To learn lessons? I hope we can build our success together, but if we have to take separate paths, then so be it.

Moyes back - no please we have had enough of that - if he could not do it at big clubs he has no chance with a mid table team.

Martinez made his own bed by managing key players badly and showing no clue with his few late substitutions - some neglected players have turned against him and that affects the team spirit. It was obvious in the Arsenal game that the team was on a go slow strike.

He better start playing his best team and replace the lazy and ineffective players during matches with early substitutions if things are not working.

If he has lost the senior players he will go the Mourinho way - sad to say. But the players have also not really pulled their weight most of the time.

We have an under performing manager AND squad.

Interesting he highlighted Kendall's first two seasons where we finished 8th and 7th but makes no reference to the fact that at the end of 1983 we were 16th having scored eleven goals in twenty-one games (conceded twenty-three), when he'd have been screaming for him to be sacked along with everyone else.

Ain't hindsight wonderful?

Banging my head against a brick wall so I'll try shouting.

All of you would have sacked Kendall on new years day 1984.

I'm not saying Bob is going to turn it round but nobody is willing to acknowledge historical truth, you're just all choosing to ignore me. Fucking frustrating.

Banging my head against a brick wall so I'll try shouting.

All of you would have sacked Kendall on new years day 1984.

I'm not saying Bob is going to turn it round but nobody is willing to acknowledge historical truth, you're just all choosing to ignore me. Fucking frustrating.

I get what you are saying Mike but unfortunately the history that he is recreating is more like the Mike Walker era

If Martinez ever comes to the realisation that defending is an integral part of the game then he might be on to something

However it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon

I also don't think he helps himself with the amount of bollocks he talks. I have always stopped and listened whenever previous Everton managers have been interviewed in the media but now I find I am more likely to change the channel rather than turn the volume up

Mike - we've heard you (at least 467 times) :). You are committed to the manager and that is fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion as we are too. I wasn't around in the Kendall years, but he sounds like a man of honesty, integrity, and was willing to change flaws or failings for the betterment of the club. Martinez is none of those things - he has actually showed the world he is a Grade A cuntbag of the highest order in his disgusting treatment of Baines (amongst his absolute refusal to accept any accountability whatsoever).

Just think for a moment about what he would need to do at this point in order to win back the 90% that want his ass sacked - an FA Cup win surely isn't gonna do it. Its beyond results at this point, - its personal - and its pretty flippin' fugly. Its not a comfortable situation for anybody involved, whether the "pro" or "anti" Martinez camps. Our club is at a new low right now, and Martinez has had plenty of time to show us what he is made of. Results speak for themselves. The lack of progress speaks for itself. The body language (as Newt pointed out) is another indication. I think the party is coming to an end for Roberto, mate.

Mike - we've heard you (at least 467 times) :). You are committed to the manager and that is fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion as we are too. I wasn't around in the Kendall years, but he sounds like a man of honesty, integrity, and was willing to change flaws or failings for the betterment of the club. Martinez is none of those things - he has actually showed the world he is a Grade A cuntbag of the highest order in his disgusting treatment of Baines (amongst his absolute refusal to accept any accountability whatsoever).

Just think for a moment about what he would need to do at this point in order to win back the 90% that want his ass sacked - an FA Cup win surely isn't gonna do it. Its beyond results at this point, - its personal - and its pretty flippin' fugly. Its not a comfortable situation for anybody involved, whether the "pro" or "anti" Martinez camps. Our club is at a new low right now, and Martinez has had plenty of time to show us what he is made of. Results speak for themselves. The lack of progress speaks for itself. The body language (as Newt pointed out) is another indication. I think the party is coming to an end for Roberto, mate.

I'm not committed to the manager, I'm committed to Everton, have been for close on fifty years.

You think we're at "new low" shows you've not been around long (no criticism for that). Trust me, we've been far worse!

I'm not committed to the manager, I'm committed to Everton, have been for close on fifty years.

You think we're at "new low" shows you've not been around long (no criticism for that). Trust me, we've been far worse!

Which is completely irrelevant. The way it's going we'll be far worse than we are now. Honestly there's no going back now. Two full season of dross an you still can't see it.

You are right - I am a fairly new fan - but like you I do love this club to death. I consider myself a diehard Evertonian, didn't plan on it, it just sort of happened. Just got my new Coleman home kit in the mail tonight as a matter of fact - pumped!! It truly kills me that I can't see matches live at Goodison, but I do watch every second they play if I can. You are lucky bastards for sure!

I'm sure you've seen worse, but with this much dissent and anger, its seems pretty ugly from where I sit. Its not good. But of course life will run its course and all will be grand again, its just gonna take time.

Which is completely irrelevant. The way it's going we'll be far worse than we are now. Honestly there's no going back now. Two full season of dross an you still can't see it.

Martinez is 2.5 seasons through his first spell at a club of half decent means, he's 42 years old.

Anyone who is saying he is not capable of learning is very likely very wrong, go back and have a look at the "better" managers being touted and their early records.

Its not whether he will learn that is the issue, it's whether we are happy to go along for the ride now our financial situation has improved, and who we can realistically get to replace him.

I am still amazed that the Bobby Out static is this high a few weeks out from a Wembley semi final. Mental.

Martinez is 2.5 seasons through his first spell at a club of half decent means, he's 42 years old.

Anyone who is saying he is not capable of learning is very likely very wrong, go back and have a look at the "better" managers being touted and their early records.

Its not whether he will learn that is the issue, it's whether we are happy to go along for the ride now our financial situation has improved, and who we can realistically get to replace him.

I am still amazed that the Bobby Out static is this high a few weeks out from a Wembley semi final. Mental.

Wigan used to finish 16th every season he's done a slight improvement on that barring the first season. I don't think next year would be any different.

Wigan used to finish 16th every season he's done a slight improvement on that barring the first season. I don't think next year would be any different.

I don't think you've grasped the concept of what I posted, I don't care about Wigan or where they finished, he over achieved while he was there and the club loved him even after they got relegated because they recognised his achievement.

You could argue he over achieved in his first season with us, and if we get anywhere near the top 10 win the FA cup final this year its going to be pretty hard to argue that's not our best season in quite a while regardless of how many times we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Can't see the board hitting the panic button in our current position, don't know why we don;'t just ratchet down the hateometer a few notches and try and enjoy the rest of the season.