IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Think he posted something then tried to correct himself, not aimed at you (at least, that's how I read it)

What Matt said Haf.

I thought it was the Kraft food group (that bought Cadbury), I then tried to make a funny about a new stadium looking like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, golden game tickets, purple away kits etc. Then I realised it was the wrong Kraft :lol: my bad!

What Matt said Haf.

I thought it was the Kraft food group (that bought Cadbury), I then tried to make a funny about a new stadium looking like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, golden game tickets, purple away kits etc. Then I realised it was the wrong Kraft :lol: my bad!

ah with ya

I watched a program about Robert Kraft and New England patriots. I'm glad they never got Liverpool - they said they were interested not through money but to win things - that is why they never pursued it... bit of a dig to Liverpool. They seem to have a great structure in making commercial revenue as well as smart sporting decisions.

That's how it should be. The rich guys made their money elsewhere it's just supposed to be about bragging rights, who squad is better, and who's schwanz is larger.

I've got a bad feeling about this guy.

For me this will be an interim ownership, maybe get a stadium, better commercial deals and sell at a profit. I don't think we will see us going after £50m players, probably similar budget to what we see now maybe a little more.

For me that was always going to be the way unless someone with serious money wanted to do the full project.

I think if they come in and get us a stadium, shake up the rotten corridor of power headed by sunbed Bob then that will do me. We may actually see the club make smart commercial decisions and join the post 1990's football business.

It needs to happen.

Whatever is going on with Bill and his health situation - I truly wish him all the best and hope to see him as a regular fixture at the games again.

For me this will be an interim ownership, maybe get a stadium, better commercial deals and sell at a profit. I don't think we will see us going after £50m players, probably similar budget to what we see now maybe a little more.

For me that was always going to be the way unless someone with serious money wanted to do the full project.

I think if they come in and get us a stadium, shake up the rotten corridor of power headed by sunbed Bob then that will do me. We may actually see the club make smart commercial decisions and join the post 1990's football business.

It needs to happen.

Whatever is going on with Bill and his health situation - I truly wish him all the best and hope to see him as a regular fixture at the games again.

My only other worry is, that the current regime (Bob and crew) will get the opportunity to stay. IF they do come in and make a go of it, they have to bring in their own people.

IF they come in, sort the infastructure out, sort the stadium, increase revenue and then sell, fine. As long as they also buy back Finch Farm, the stadium is class and they don't sell our naming rights out to utter tripe, like the JMI Equity Stadium.

Edit: Doesn't he look like a love child of Stallone and John Goodman's portrayal of Fred Flinstone.....

244F9B4F00000578-2889260-image-m-85_1419

03-flintstones.jpgD5lfPTwa.jpeg

Edited by Lowensda

Also, the more I think about it, the poster seems quite 'young' in writing style, which implies to me that they're not someone of significance in the business. Even more unprofessional, is the fact they've leaked it onto Reddit (of all places).

JMI equity and all their businesses employ a significant number of people. Surely not everyone in the business knows (managers), so why would they text an employee that they've bought a football club?

Don't see this as credible, although I do think it'll happen.

It needs to happen.

Totally agree these are my thoughts too.

i guess do you trust the Americans with a history of Asset Stripping or do you trust a Chinese Consortium? I'm guessing the Chinese are in it for the same reasons as the Americans, see an undervalued commodity and with a little investment the opportunity to cash in big with a new stadium and better marketing/business deals. Time will tell.

Both aren't ideal.

But the Americans sound like they'll have a plan (one that involves investment in the club) and have some Sport/business experience.

The chinese don't have a f*cking clue about football, full stop. They'll happily throw money at the club without any real plan and they'll pimp our assests like a new panda cub in a zoo.

i guess do you trust the Americans with a history of Asset Stripping

What do you base that on?

The fact that a TV deal increased the value of a club he owned and he benefited from that when when he sold it?

Apart from some blogs by peeved fans who think he should have walked away and left all his profit in the club, I see no evidence other than those guys are pretty shrewd operators looking to wake a sleeping giant and make money in the process.

What do you base that on?

The fact that a TV deal increased the value of a club he owned and he benefited from that when when he sold it?

Apart from some blogs by peeved fans who think he should have walked away and left all his profit in the club, I see no evidence other than those guys are pretty shrewd operators looking to wake a sleeping giant and make money in the process.

That's how I'm looking at it.

Think they wouldn't be coming in if they didn't see potential.