IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Not including the free stadium in that though, huge factor to consider.

I think it's THE factor.

Being realistic, that was probably one of the key reasons Mansur moved on from purchasing Everton.

I know they have almost unlimited funds but having the stadium already built, would have taken the best part of 5 years graft out of their calendars by moving into a brand spanking new stadium, for free.

Not including the free stadium in that though, huge factor to consider.

What do you mean free?

They don't own it they lease it and match day revenue doesn't account for those increases in revenue, its only part of the picture.

Etihad are pumping money into the greater development, it just further demonstrates the synergies you can have through PPP's if the private part of the equation actually has some money to invest, unlike us who are always trying to do it for nothing.

What do you mean free?

They don't own it they lease it and match day revenue doesn't account for those increases in revenue, its only part of the picture.

Etihad are pumping money into the greater development, it just further demonstrates the synergies you can have through PPP's if the private part of the equation actually has some money to invest, unlike us who are always trying to do it for nothing.

Leasing a pre-built stadium is effectively free when you think of the construction costs, petitioning, legal stuff, etc. that would come with building a new, custom made stadium and all the taxes that come with it.

They have invested, yes, but don't underestimate the significance of a 2m a year lease to a 400-500m new build.

Leasing a pre-built stadium is effectively free when you think of the construction costs, petitioning, legal stuff, etc. that would come with building a new, custom made stadium and all the taxes that come with it.

They have invested, yes, but don't underestimate the significance of a 2m a year lease to a 400-500m new build.

Only cost 110 mill to build and they kicked in 20 mill for the conversion (exc the expansion), so on todays interest rates half price not free.

20 mill for the conversion, what did we need for Kings Dock, 10?

Sunderland build a big new stadium for cheap as chips in the 90's, not exactly flying are they.

Only cost 110 mill to build and they kicked in 20 mill for the conversion (exc the expansion), so on todays interest rates half price not free.

Sunderland build a big new stadium for cheap as chips in the 90's, not exactly flying are they.

But when talking about City, it certainly helped them be more appealing to potential investors.

If Sunderland didn't get that opportunity, that could go someway to explain their current plight.

Only?!

So, to date they've paid a grand total of 30m (trusting you on this 20m conversion thing) vs 130m for 10 years or so of a modern stadium. Ok, not free, but buttons in comparision.

Our Kings Dock proposal was 155m total build, our initial input was supposed to be 30m (so far as I remember and can find in a quick google). City have gotten a decade out of the Etihad for the same price as our deposit!

Only?!

So, to date they've paid a grand total of 30m (trusting you on this 20m conversion thing) vs 130m for 10 years or so of a modern stadium. Ok, not free, but buttons in comparision.

Our Kings Dock proposal was 155m total build, our initial input was supposed to be 30m (so far as I remember and can find in a quick google). City have gotten a decade out of the Etihad for the same price as our deposit!

"Only" because you were touting figures of 4-500 mill and they pay 3 mill a year (prior lease was half of the ticket revenue, don't take my word for it its all on wiki)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't fortuitous but its not the reason they are now a bigger club than Arsenal.

"Only" because you were touting figures of 4-500 mill and they pay 3 mill a year (prior lease was half of the ticket revenue, don't take my word for it its all on wiki)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't fortuitous but its not the reason they are now a bigger club than Arsenal.

I think the whole "bigger club" thing needs properly defining.

For me Arsenal are a huge football club - and for the right reasons, certainly bigger than Man City in my eyes. They have one of the most consistent histories in terms of being a top english club. Whilst we dropped off in the 90's they kept going.

They never needed a rich sugar dady, they built their stadium on success, as did Man United. For that they get my respect as a proper football club.

Aren't Everton a fantastic opportunity to asset strip?

£200m purchase price - sell Barkley, Lukaku and Stones and you could recoup £150m of that straight away

And then the rest of the squad (Miralles, McCarthy will have big sell on fees in particular) and then the land for Goodison Park etc

This is what worries me...

I think the whole "bigger club" thing needs properly defining.

For me Arsenal are a huge football club - and for the right reasons, certainly bigger than Man City in my eyes. They have one of the most consistent histories in terms of being a top english club. Whilst we dropped off in the 90's they kept going.

They never needed a rich sugar dady, they built their stadium on success, as did Man United. For that they get my respect as a proper football club.

Yeah just market cap, I know its not everything but its tangible. City, Chelsea and Arsenal all close and a fair way ahead of next who is those we don't mention.

I see what you're saying but those days are gone, all the clubs have or are going to have sugar daddies, City now have Pep for the next 3 years and they will dominate the likes of Arsenal.

Aren't Everton a fantastic opportunity to asset strip?

£200m purchase price - sell Barkley, Lukaku and Stones and you could recoup £150m of that straight away

And then the rest of the squad (Miralles, McCarthy will have big sell on fees in particular) and then the land for Goodison Park etc

This is what worries me...

i believe others have said the players value isn't into the team value. also these are investors, they want to increase value, if we get relegated they lose 3/4 of the value of the club and wouldn't be able to sell. so they will want us to stay up, if anything a moyes like manager to just keep us in the prem while a stadium is built and then they can sell after that increases the value exponentially or they'll just stay owners if the gravy train is that good.

i've been thinking more and mroe about this, if it was the US i would be worried because they could asset strip and tank but witth relegation they can't unless they want to lose on their investment like Randy Lerner will.

Mixed feelings about this. Some football owners buy clubs as an investment while others do it as a hobby. This smells very much of the investment sort for me, so I really don't think we'll see much investment from this ownership group unless they believe it will directly improve their financial return on invesment.

yeah i think they want to buy, build stadium, get sponsorships rights sold and kit rights sold, and then sell for a profit and then some. well see how it pans out.

Twitter is hilarious at the moment, the same cronies that have been hounding Kenwright to sell are now moaning that he might actually do just that

I'm really surprised this is going through after they looked at the books, what with all the money laundering and dodgy operating costs

[emoji15]

Haha was thinking the same thing.

Fact is we need investment. If they buy, build then sell for profit...then they must live by one important rule.

To sell us for profit they must make us more profitable. Can we lose?

In fairness to Bill I don't think he would ever find anyone he considered "The right person" as I don't think there is a multimillionaire who loves the club as much as he does.

I think / hope the potential new owners will take the club forward and keep the unique identity of EFC, that for all his faults Bill has been a brilliant custodian of.

Twitter is hilarious at the moment, the same cronies that have been hounding Kenwright to sell are now moaning that he might actually do just that

I'm really surprised this is going through after they looked at the books, what with all the money laundering and dodgy operating costs

[emoji15]

So, basically, unless they accept any crook as a buyer they are hypocrites?

So, basically, unless they accept any crook as a buyer they are hypocrites?

The point is they have been bleating about Kenwright and the board for years and have accused them of being crooks and liars , so what have they got to lose even if the potential new owners are crooks ?

They have laughed when people said be careful what you wish for and now suddenly that's exactly what they are preaching , so yeah I find it a touch hypocritical

The point is they have been bleating about Kenwright and the board for years and have accused them of being crooks and liars , so what have they got to lose even if the potential new owners are crooks ?

They have laughed when people said be careful what you wish for and now suddenly that's exactly what they are preaching , so yeah I find it a touch hypocritical

They could be even worse crooks for starters.

And you are simply putting every anti-board person in the same group which is frankly so ridiculous that I don't know if I should laugh or be angry that I even replied to such stupidity.

Lerner had a go, but was unlucky that he fell for MONS reputation. Since then the Prem has grown too rich to compete at the top and he has tried to manage his losses and sell. Villa are now relegation bound.

Glazers mounted the club with debt and basically got the club for free. Without Uniteds huge revenue streams this type of takeover would kill most clubs.

Liverpool were saved from one disastrous takeover, and currently have Jordan Henderson as captain.

Has there been many successful takeovers from the US?