IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

But in this case there'll be a legal requirement to clarify, the ownership of the club/company has to be public.

I'm just trying to convince myself not to get to excited! So use to be let down when it comes to Everton lol. Hopefully if he was involved in the move to the Emirates stadium with Arsenal that will be a good thing for us!

Other than Kenwright, Woods and Earl, the remaining shares are just under 32% of the club.

I would suggest he's bought Kenwrights 25.84% and Earls 23.27%, which would be 49.11%, but there is no doubt he will be the majority shareholder and this is pretty much a complete takeover. Woods would be the only other big shareholder with his 18.92%, but he may just not want to sell.

Also there has been no offer to buy any of our families shares as of yet, but then there are only about 30 shares between all of us.

Other than Kenwright, Woods and Earl, the remaining shares are just under 32% of the club.

I would suggest he's bought Kenwrights 25.84% and Earls 23.27%, which would be 49.11%, but there is no doubt he will be the majority shareholder and this is pretty much a complete takeover. Woods would be the only other big shareholder with his 18.92%, but he may just not want to sell.

Also there has been no offer to buy any of our families shares as of yet, but then there are only about 30 shares between all of us.

I'll be happy as a pig in shit to be rid of Earl, Steve. If Kenwright's staying on as Chairman would he need to retain some shares at least?

Mark, you don't need any shares to be chairman. Though I'm sure it will just be a short term things while he gets things up and running, with Bills health I'm sure it would just be an advisory role. Chairman is more of a figure head anyway with the CEO running things.

I would imagine Bill has kept a small shareholding himself as part of the deal. But that's just a guess.

Ive no problem with Woods staying on, but if Bill and Earl have sold up their shares then Green is out of the picture too. Exciting times ahead.

First job, sack Martinez, bring in Jose.

Mark, you don't need any shares to be chairman. Though I'm sure it will just be a short term things while he gets things up and running, with Bills health I'm sure it would just be an advisory role. Chairman is more of a figure head anyway with the CEO running things.

I would imagine Bill has kept a small shareholding himself as part of the deal. But that's just a guess.

Ive no problem with Woods staying on, but if Bill and Earl have sold up their shares then Green is out of the picture too. Exciting times ahead.

I didn't think he'd need shares for that role, just wanted to check. Like you I do think he'll have kept a very small shareholding, he is a fan after all.

I feel a lot more confident that we'll keep our big three players beyond this summer now. Not because we'll refuse to sell or not need to sell, but because they'll actually WANT to stay and see if we could do something special now.

This looks, on paper, to be fantastic.

Exciting times.

Agree with others, if the existing members of the board and CEO would kindly fuck off. That would be great. Kenwright can stay as an honorary chairman.

Like his previous experience with a well run club like Arsenal.hopefully knows his stuff.

Imagine that!

Very pleased that the new investor knows about English football, has been involved in an excellent setup at Arsenal, and will therefore know what's needed at Everton. Good news all round, it seems.

Spot on this has made my day! So happy for the club a proper investor and owner who knows football and finance and worked with a great big club.

Coyb

At the moment, I'm feeling very happy about this.

The bloke has some wealth (I'm not one of these who expects people to waste their own money on a club but he can easily help finance a new stadium, buy Finch Farm etc...win win for him and the club).

He's completely unlike the Americans who were looking to step into footy as first timers. His background at Arsenal fills me with confidence. And he's been sniffing around for a while and learning about the club.

Pleased that Bill will stay for a bit. That's essential for continuity and to allow changes to happen progressively.

I'm hoping this guy will have a clear vision of what he wants to do and having got pissed off with the ownership situation at Arsenal, he'll now unleash here at Everton.

And big credit to Bill for getting this done in the usual 'behind closed doors' Everton way.

The only thing for me just now is the 49.9% thing. From what I know, anymore than this then its compulsory to purchase the rest of the shares so 49.9% tends to be the highest level or 'safe' level to take majority shareholding??? But who's shares have gone and who is still lurking? If it's the Lord and Woods, then no problem.

EDIT: I mean if the Lord and Woods who still have shares then it's no problem!!

Edited by Newty82

Not wishing to put too much of a dampener on matters and I understand the unbounded joy. However I am more of a mind to wait and see. BUT at least it isn't the yanks like Villa, Man Utd or LFC. No offense to the lads on here but having Americans in charge just now had me crapping myself. Give them a decade or three.

Spot on

It amazes me that some Evertonians believe that a journalist of Rory Smiths standing or that a decent paper like the times would risk their reputations just to pay lip service to Bills propaganda

Sack the lot!

And people believed we were only worth £200m.

Edited by pete0

Not wishing to put too much of a dampener on matters and I understand the unbounded joy. However I am more of a mind to wait and see. BUT at least it isn't the yanks like Villa, Man Utd or LFC. No offense to the lads on here but having Americans in charge just now had me crapping myself. Give them a decade or three.

No offense taken I think most of the Americans on here weren't too fond of the moores group. This is way better on all levels. Plus he's British so no cultural differences either.

I wonder if he will fancy RM since Arsenal play a similar style? I'd I'm Roberto I'm now worried I'm playing to keep my job. Best win the FA cup or start doing better in the league.

Edited by markjazzbassist