IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Not wishing to put too much of a dampener on matters and I understand the unbounded joy. However I am more of a mind to wait and see. BUT at least it isn't the yanks like Villa, Man Utd or LFC. No offense to the lads on here but having Americans in charge just now had me crapping myself. Give them a decade or three.

Thinking about it now I think we really dodged a bullet by not being bought by the Americans, they don't have a good track record in general with PL clubs.

I cant wait for more info to come out. I think this could be the start of a real revolution for us, could persuade Stones, Lukaku, Mori etc to stay.

Early days but so much hope.

This all makes the people who were fuming at Kenwright for not listening to other offers look rather silly now

For me it looks like the perfect solution, a chairman who loves and knows what the club is all about paired with some serious money

But I'm sure there will be plenty who still cling on to the "other operating costs" conspiracy theory who think Moshiri just sees it as a chance to launder dirty cash or something

No offense taken I think most of the Americans on here weren't too fond of the moores group. This is way better on all levels. Plus he's British so no cultural differences either.

I wonder if he will fancy RM since Arsenal play a similar style? I'd I'm Roberto I'm now worried I'm playing to keep my job. Best win the FA cup or start doing better in the league.

He's also an investor who understand the importance of time when it comes to managers. I'd expect no change, just the funding and support needed for the current strategy of playing exciting football and building a legacy with young players to reap its inevitable benefits,

Phil McNulty (Chief BBC football writer and Evertonian)...

Analysis

The announcement that Farhad Moshiri is to be Everton's new major shareholder ends a decade-long search for investment by chairman Bill Kenwright.

Moshiri has bought a 49.9% stake in the club and has promised new investment - which indicates there may be even further new arrivals in the Goodison Park boardroom in the months ahead.

Kenwright has consistently stated he would step aside if the right investor could be found and believes he has found the "perfect partner" in the 60-year-old billionaire who sold his 15% share in Arsenal to his business associate Alisher Usmanov for around £200m on Friday.

For Moshiri's part, it means he can now exert the power and influence his money could never buy at Arsenal, where he and Usmanov could not wrest control from majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

There will be some major items on the new Everton owner's agenda when he settles to his task, namely the next move on whether the club moves ground or considers redeveloping Goodison Park - and also how to keep the club's most coveted players, with top scorer Romelu Lukaku and England pair John Stones and Ross Barkley expected to attract serious interest this summer.

For Everton, however, they will hope Moshiri's arrival will finally provide them with the financial power they have lacked to threaten the elite at the top of the Premier League.

This all makes the people who were fuming at Kenwright for not listening to other offers look rather silly now

For me it looks like the perfect solution, a chairman who loves and knows what the club is all about paired with some serious money

But I'm sure there will be plenty who still cling on to the "other operating costs" conspiracy theory who think Moshiri just sees it as a chance to launder dirty cash or something

This.

Although Earl going is just the cherry on the top for me.

From Dunc's link pretty much sums up what I initially thought as soon as the news broke

"And sources close to the chairman suggest the plan now is for him to work with Moshiri to deliver a new stadium, and then look to sell the club, either to Moshiri himself, or to third party investors like the Chinese consortiums who retain an interest."

Great news and exciting times to come but a slow and steady process until we see much more from this imo

It seems on paper like a great way to move forward and he's certainly got a great track record in area's the clubs massively lacking

Apparently the amount he's actually paid for the shares is significantly less than people would think, on the promise of delivering/funding a stadium, therefore increasing the value of his shares anyway.

Also noticed a couple of sources suggesting another very wealthy person will be joining the board in the coming weeks.

Personally I'm delighted about this development. Probably 8-10 years too late but we weren't relegated in that time by virtue of very prudent players acquisitions.

Hoping to see some really positive and quick developments to get us back where we belong.

Very prudent signings afforded by the "asset stripping " saved us from relegation

Maddock is going to look pretty stupid if it is confirmed Earl has sold up...

Plus he's talking out of his arse about Moshiri not having control - if he is working closely with Kenwright, the pair have a majority stake between them, so he will have de facto control.

Personally I'm delighted about this development. Probably 8-10 years too late but we weren't relegated in that time by virtue of very prudent players acquisitions.

Jaw dropping comment that. Who signed off on those acquisitions? Who employed the people who made them?

If we hadn't regularly finish top six/seven due to the people in charge we'd be in the Championship! Makes complete sense.

Jaw dropping comment that. Who signed off on those acquisitions? Who employed the people who made them?

If we hadn't regularly finish top six/seven due to the people in charge we'd be in the Championship! Makes complete sense.

Jaw dropping???

What is jaw dropping is that in all those years of haggling loans, selling home grown talent like rooney and rodwell and making profits on the low cost recruits like lescott and arteta we are supposed to give the board credit for operating in this manner?

"Sorry David, I'm not going to authorise you to spend £60,000 on this seamus coleman... I know we sell a big player every year but really that money could be spent on blue gravel. I watched a dvd of the lad and he looks a bit dozy"

"Sorry Roberto, I know you think you may get 28m for fellaini but 4m for a player who man marked marked messi is a bit too much... 15 years ago we spent a bit more than that to get nick barmby"

Teams have been relegated spending more money than us, so are we now meant to be grateful to the board for their astute player acquisitions?

I'm critical of moyes but I will say one thing - he deserves a lot of the credit for us being able to balance the books - so does Martinez and no one else.

I'm not getting in to the negatives of this, I wanted the club sold a while ago. It's been sold more or less, it's about time managers can be held accountable for having real funds to work with.

Edited by Hafnia

Strange one this! Who's shares has he bought? Surely nobody in their right mind would pump their own money into a club that has the likes if Earl/Green aboard who don't want throw a wisper in???

I was hoping for a full takeover

These things generally happen in stages, he will make an offer to purchase the rest of the shares.

Word is that Kenwright and Woods have reduced their positions and Earl sold all his so will be just the 32ish percent owned by "other" that could possibly increase his position.

Some much needed professionalism should be installed immediately.

Pay off elstone, get rid. He's shite, arrogant and has saddled us with awful deals. Add up his salary, lost money on deals like Chang, kitbag, sodexo etc and he has probably cost us a lot of money.

Re interview people for their roles, put people on clear performance plans. Our benchmarks aren't what we do now as an improvement on yesterday, it's what we do vs the likes of Man United and arsenal.

Once we sort this shitty malaise and cover up mentality that frustrated fans and enabled professional people in other walks of life to challenge those at the club who should know better then the more fans can get back to focusing on the team.

Annoying that he'll have made a huge profit for doing fuck all, but at least he'll be gone.

From Dunc's link pretty much sums up what I initially thought as soon as the news broke

"And sources close to the chairman suggest the plan now is for him to work with Moshiri to deliver a new stadium, and then look to sell the club, either to Moshiri himself, or to third party investors like the Chinese consortiums who retain an interest."

Great news and exciting times to come but a slow and steady process until we see much more from this imo

It seems on paper like a great way to move forward and he's certainly got a great track record in area's the clubs massively lacking

Usmanov ;).

Annoying that he'll have made a huge profit for doing fuck all, but at least he'll be gone.

Usmanov ;).

This could be the first step of Usmanov moving in IMO and he will splash the cash like an Abramovich/Monsour.

I think the main bonus here though is the fact that Roberto will feel the pressure to get results. This type of bloke wont accept mid table finishes. He'll most likely get the benefit this summer but could face the axe sooner rather than later if he doesn't sort the on field mess out