IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

I really think the biggest positive of this will be our best players wanting to stay, meaning we can build around them rather than have to create new foundations all the time.

The thought of being able to keep Stones, Barkley, Lukaku etc and add to them is exciting.

I really think the biggest positive of this will be our best players wanting to stay, meaning we can build around them rather than have to create new foundations all the time.

The thought of being able to keep Stones, Barkley, Lukaku etc and add to them is exciting.

I believe 'holding the supposed better players accountable and at risk of replacement' is a better benefit.

I feel that the better players have an arrogance in feeling that they are above being benched and that this shows in their inconsistent levels.

Exciting times, i agree with the above some minor player acquisitions this summer with the New Owner's full attention to the stadium. Like Arsenal during that period I"m sure it will be smart buys and bargain sells until it's done and we are printing money from the finished stadium. then it will be alexis sanchez and ozil and the like.

Exciting times, i agree with the above some minor player acquisitions this summer with the New Owner's full attention to the stadium. Like Arsenal during that period I"m sure it will be smart buys and bargain sells until it's done and we are printing money from the finished stadium. then it will be alexis sanchez and ozil and the like.

I agree that the increased revenue from a new stadium will be a boot to our coffers, but as has been pointed out most of the money, the vast majority comes from TV. With the pot so big, and even small teams spending big to make sure they stay in I really can see us spending a decent amount in the summer.

If Lukaku moves, it's almost certainly down to his agent looking for another payday. Rom himself must realise he has improved a lot during the last two seasons and that he'll be first choice for as long as he stays.

As for spending the money, in order of priority: GK, CM, LM. Those three positions need a top class player.

Apparently they fear that Lukaku will force a move this summer.

Hate articles like that. He can't "force a move" while he's under contract, which he is until 2019. He can ask for a move (Stones) or he can spit the dummy (Berahino) but he can force sod-all. If we don't want to sell him he stays; fearing the impossible is ridiculous (and thus a tabloid invention. Shock/horror).

If Lukaku moves, it's almost certainly down to his agent looking for another payday. Rom himself must realise he has improved a lot during the last two seasons and that he'll be first choice for as long as he stays.

As for spending the money, in order of priority: GK, CM, LM. Those three positions need a top class player.

Spot on and agreed on all of the above.

EDIT: fuck it, buy my favorite spaniard, NOLITO already. you happy matt? :guns:

Edited by markjazzbassist

Hate articles like that. He can't "force a move" while he's under contract, which he is until 2019. He can ask for a move (Stones) or he can spit the dummy (Berahino) but he can force sod-all. If we don't want to sell him he stays; fearing the impossible is ridiculous (and thus a tabloid invention. Shock/horror).

I agree but most managers/clubs would not want to run out a contract with an unmotivated player. The player can always force a club to react to a behaviour. Lecture the player by keeping him at the club and risk him not doing his best or sell him to try to recoup spend.

I agree but most managers/clubs would not want to run out a contract with an unmotivated player. The player can always force a club to react to a behaviour. Lecture the player by keeping him at the club and risk him not doing his best or sell him to try to recoup spend.

Maybe someone with a year on their contract, but is he going to intentionally play like a plank for three years? Missing any number of international matches as a result? Is he bollocks.

He likes it here, it's obvious, and he's going nowhere unless it's the right deal for Everton.

Daily mirror wrote something about a new stadium, 100 million pounds to spend this Summer and new contracts for Coleman, Stones, Barkley and Deulofeu. No mention of Lukaku.

Who would you spend 100 million on?

Honestly, I'd be quite happy to secure big money by selling Stones and Coleman. Funes Mori, Barkley, Deulofeu, and Lukaku should stay - and supplement with another top striker and young but proven backs. Most of all, let's get that dominant creative power in the middle.

We may have an increased budget, but the new investment won't even put us level with Spurs when it comes to financial power, I reckon. We need to continue to focus on finding 1. shrewd signings with a few years left in them (Barry) 2. young talent with potential to kick on and become real class and 3. Forgotten about/out of favor talent at the big clubs. Certainly we can find better versions of the above three categories given that our wage budget and transfer budget has likely increased, but even with more money we won't be a club that can blow $100m on transfers that don't pan out and work out the issues in a short matter of time.

Honestly, I'd be quite happy to secure big money by selling Stones and Coleman. Funes Mori, Barkley, Deulofeu, and Lukaku should stay - and supplement with another top striker and young but proven backs. Most of all, let's get that dominant creative power in the middle.

I would keep Coleman, he is one of the best right backs in the country, and is a very good player for us.

Guest rusty747

One of the biggest strengths of Everton over the last 15 years or so has been the unity both on and off the pitch and the way everyone gets along. Eto'o being a prime example of what can happen if we get a 'wrong un.'

Whilst it is nice to have more money to spend, we must be careful about what, and who, we spend it on. The last thing we need is some champagne charlie who thinks that everyone else is there to make him look good.

Edited by rusty747

This was tucked away in the Daily Mail's Charlie Sale column:

Everton have 4,000 shareholders, many of whom are strongly opposed to Iranian Farhad Moshiri acquiring a 49.9 per cent stake in the club for £200million subject to Premier League approval.

The minority stakeholders receive nothing from Moshiri’s arrival at Goodison because he has bought less than 50 percent. They would have much preferred the rival American consortium offer, which would have bid for the whole club, valuing each of the 35,000 Everton shares at more than £5,000

I don't think I've seen anyone say they'd have prefered the American bid to be accepted.

This was tucked away in the Daily Mail's Charlie Sale column:

I don't think I've seen anyone say they'd have prefered the American bid to be accepted.

I've seen a couple of comments saying "I haven't been approached with a 5k offer for my one share"

Unless someone has more than 1 share I would imagine their share is for the ability to have a voice.

I can see Stones and Lukaku both being sold in the Summer. Agree with the comment about Lukaku's agent pushing the deal and i think Stones is already gone tbh. I think Lukaku will regret his move depending on where he goes, grass isnt always greener as we have seen before and as much as i like him he will need to improve to play for one of the elite clubs. Would love to see him stay, Stones im not too fussed over tbh. So possibly a £200 million transfer kitty come the summer (i never thought id say that!)

Simply put, if lukaku and stones turned in the performances we have seen since the turn of the year for a marquee club then they would be facing serious pressure and bench time.

Agreed, the way Lukaku plays i think he would only suit a handful of clubs.

Agreed, the way Lukaku plays i think he would only suit a handful of clubs.

Man city - last 30 minutes player like dzecko. Would rattle 20+ a season.

PSG - because their league ain't great and he will be able to do less and just wait for service which will come to him.

He would be worth good money to either team. I don't think the Italian league would suit him, the defenders are notoriously man marking experts.

As for stones? Let's see how he looks after his time out. Hopefully he will realise he's had to be a little more appreciative of the club we are

Man city - last 30 minutes player like dzecko. Would rattle 20+ a season.

PSG - because their league ain't great and he will be able to do less and just wait for service which will come to him.

He would be worth good money to either team. I don't think the Italian league would suit him, the defenders are notoriously man marking experts.

As for stones? Let's see how he looks after his time out. Hopefully he will realise he's had to be a little more appreciative of the club we are

I think he needs to be the main Striker wherever he goes, cant imagine him being happy with 30 min's at the end of a game.

He would be a great fit at Arsenal imo, agree with PSG as its an easy league he'd flourish there. The German league also would probably be a good fit too. If he leaves i cant see it being to another team in the Prem.