IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Don't think it was ever in doubt but the "made my day" and "yee haw's" I'll reserve judgement on.

Me also I think it will be a slower process than some people think

I'm as made up as anyone but the reported £100m may not happen and that's what a few of the bigger clubs will likely spend and more anyway so depending on Martinez's ability to bring in exceptional talent that's not on the glamour clubs radar we will likely still be playing catch up anyway

As said very happy but I'm not expecting radical investment and quick changes

We have a defensive coach - Dennis Lawrence.

His experience speaks for itself.

Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls)

1992–1993 Barataria Ball Players

1993–1998 Caledonia AIA

1999–2000 Defence Force

2001–2006 Wrexham 198 (14)

2006–2009 Swansea City 84 (7)

2008–2009Crewe Alexandra (loan) 28 (3)

2009–2010 San Juan Jabloteh 7 (1)

Edited by Lowensda

His experience speaks for itself.

Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls)

1992–1993 Barataria Ball Players

1993–1998 Caledonia AIA

1999–2000 Defence Force

2001–2006 Wrexham 198 (14)

2006–2009 Swansea City 84 (7)

2008–2009 → Crewe Alexandra (loan) 28 (3)

2009–2010 San Juan Jabloteh 7 (1)

Poor playing career doesn't always equal poor coach (eg Wenger/Ferguson/Mourinho).

And anyway, Lawrence is "first-team development coach," not defensive coach according to OS.

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/teams/coaching-staff/dennis-lawrence---first-team-development-coach

Me also I think it will be a slower process than some people think

I'm as made up as anyone but the reported £100m may not happen and that's what a few of the bigger clubs will likely spend and more anyway so depending on Martinez's ability to bring in exceptional talent that's not on the glamour clubs radar we will likely still be playing catch up anyway

As said very happy but I'm not expecting radical investment and quick changes

Yes but if we stick with Bobby we could soon be by far and away the richest club in the championship

Plenty of nice comments in social media from fans of various other clubs saying they are glad we won.

This is why I want Everton to stay as Everton and not become a Chelsea.

We have the respect of many neutral fans out there (might change if we win things mind!!!).

Don't sell the spirit and soul of the club.

One of the benefits of having money to spend, regardless of whether it's actually spent or not, is that agents will see us as a club where they might have opportunity to do business rather than seeing our players as the opportunities for them to do business.

Could mean that they'll be more reluctant to threaten the relationship by touting our players to other clubs, which would be great. It's always galling to see our players being linked with mediocrity such as Tottenham, West Ham etc. simply because of the perception (rightly or wrongly) that we need to balance the books.

Comments on a West Ham forum after our recent capitulation to them were asking whether Bilic's praise of Lukaku after the match was because he intended to buy him at the end of the season. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

One of the benefits of having money to spend, regardless of whether it's actually spent or not, is that agents will see us as a club where they might have opportunity to do business rather than seeing our players as the opportunities for them to do business.

Could mean that they'll be more reluctant to threaten the relationship by touting our players to other clubs, which would be great. It's always galling to see our players being linked with mediocrity such as Tottenham, West Ham etc. simply because of the perception (rightly or wrongly) that we need to balance the books.

Comments on a West Ham forum after our recent capitulation to them were asking whether Bilic's praise of Lukaku after the match was because he intended to buy him at the end of the season. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Great point, I never thought of that. Sounds like many things will be set right. Maybe we'll be linked to some actual quality players rumour wise as well.

That is a good point, i hadn't thought of that either.

West Ham couldn't afford to buy Lukaku and i don't think he would even be tempted to join them. If he leaves us it will be for a regular Champs league team.

It took man city years of blowing over the odds on decent players like robinho, santa cruz. lescott etc before they could get the likes of aguero - I actually hate West Ham right now.

I want Man United to stuff them I think.

It took man city years of blowing over the odds on decent players like robinho, santa cruz. lescott etc before they could get the likes of aguero - I actually hate West Ham right now.

I want Man United to stuff them I think.

I hate West Ham too. Id love to beat them at Wembley but id absolutely hate losing to them.