IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Man city - last 30 minutes player like dzecko. Would rattle 20+ a season.

PSG - because their league ain't great and he will be able to do less and just wait for service which will come to him.

He would be worth good money to either team. I don't think the Italian league would suit him, the defenders are notoriously man marking experts.

As for stones? Let's see how he looks after his time out. Hopefully he will realise he's had to be a little more appreciative of the club we are

spot on about PSG he would be the perfect replacement for Ibra if he leaves. Plus they'll pay through the nose and he already speaks french. i'd say that move makes the most sense of any move. I don't see a premier league side making sense for him.

Simply put, if lukaku and stones turned in the performances we have seen since the turn of the year for a marquee club then they would be facing serious pressure and bench time.

Conversely if they were playing for marquee clubs Lukaku would have much better service so many more chances and Stones would have lots less defending to do, so it's a bit difficult to make the comparison. Apples and oranges.

Conversely if they were playing for marquee clubs Lukaku would have much better service so many more chances and Stones would have lots less defending to do, so it's a bit difficult to make the comparison. Apples and oranges.

I disagree, i think we make enough chances for Lukaku and a Marquee club demand more as they are competing for more.

Same with Stones, the mistakes he has made this season have cost us games and that can be the difference between winning the league or not.

One of the biggest strengths of Everton over the last 15 years or so has been the unity both on and off the pitch and the way everyone gets along. Eto'o being a prime example of what can happen if we get a 'wrong un.'

Whilst it is nice to have more money to spend, we must be careful about what, and who, we spend it on. The last thing we need is some champagne charlie who thinks that everyone else is there to make him look good.

We won't be buying Ronaldo then. :rofl:

I hope Stones goes. Overrated

wow remember that when he wins everything with city,Madrid or barca. The lad is pure quality let's remember he is 21/22 and playing against top quality strikers. How many premier league games has he had? 50/60 ? Him and mori could be our centre back partnership for the next ten years. Why would you want a young player like that to leave us? Let me guess? He his big headed, believes his own hype, overplays, loses concentration? Standard accusations that bores me to tears. We could have a great young team with stones being the captain for years to come

wow remember that when he wins everything with city,Madrid or barca. The lad is pure quality let's remember he is 21/22 and playing against top quality strikers. How many premier league games has he had? 50/60 ? Him and mori could be our centre back partnership for the next ten years. Why would you want a young player like that to leave us? Let me guess? He his big headed, believes his own hype, overplays, loses concentration? Standard accusations that bores me to tears. We could have a great young team with stones being the captain for years to come

All opinions. If he stays and proves us wrong then great but i think he's over-rated too and if he played for another club i think most Evertonians would say the same. Don get me wrong he has ability and i do think he's a good player but IMO he is over-rated. If we got £40m for him this summer id be happy, £30m + Bony id be made up.

I think he's over rated purely on the basis that people use phrases like:-

Best English centre half for years

Will play for Barcelona

World class

Let's be honest barring some games where he did have me thinking the quotes above are appropriate he has looked very much a kid who has lots to learn.

For me if someone pays £50m for him then let's snap their hands off. Is he £50m because of his ability to defend? No. Because I don't think his defensive side of the game is very good. He's weak in the air (last night), ball watches alot, goes to ground too easily.

He's a 50m player because he can bring a ball out, looks composed, has a good range of passing.... all very appealing to the footballing purist and a big kudos badge for fans to wear having such a cultured player.

For me he is the icing on the cake for a team that has 9 other outfield players who are comfortable on the ball. Too often I have seen him give coleman, Barry and mccarthy hot potatoes.

Stones is like a £500 graphics card in a pc that will have mid range components. All very fancy but not fit for purpose when it causes the computer to crash.

Btw the Bony shout is a good one. Holds the ball up very well, good athlete, scores goals and his value will have dropped due to him not being used.

Edited by Hafnia

He's overrated as a defender. The big hoo har is because he can bring the ball out like a European centre back - similar to Ferdinand. Except Stones is a poor defender at present.

I meant it more as a sarcastic reaction to you not rating him ;)

Can't argue that he's not on form, and it does seem some of his defensive nouse has been coached out of him over the summer. With the way McCarthy has been playing this season, and with Besic still injured, I'd be tempted to give him a DCM role.

Can't argue that he's not on form, and it does seem some of his defensive nouse has been coached out of him over the summer. With the way McCarthy has been playing this season, and with Besic still injured, I'd be tempted to give him a DCM role.

Never crossed my mind. But it's worked for Dier. Good shout.

He's very similar in many ways to Rodwell when he first burst onto the scene, composed, elegant, except rodwell played in midfield despite being a centre half by trade.

I would give him a go as a DM, very similar in size and style to matic.

He's very similar in many ways to Rodwell when he first burst onto the scene, composed, elegant, except rodwell played in midfield despite being a centre half by trade.

I would give him a go as a DM, very similar in size and style to matic.

He's too soft to play in the middle. I'd give him a run in the reserves until he can scrap.

For me if someone pays £50m for him then let's snap their hands off. Is he £50m because of his ability to defend? No. Because I don't think his defensive side of the game is very good. He's weak in the air (last night), ball watches alot, goes to ground too easily.

He's a 50m player because he can bring a ball out, looks composed, has a good range of passing.... all very appealing to the footballing purist and a big kudos badge for fans to wear having such a cultured player.

In other words, a player for people more interested in FIFA than real football. A David Luiz. I really hope he doesn't turn out like that clown but he's got to start focussing on defending first and foremost.

Just a thought, if the deal was supposed to be ratified by the FA on Wednesday, it's now Thursday, shouldn't some sort of announcement happened to confirm or am I being a bit paranoid?!

FA probably just want to make sure everything's legit, considering his dealings with Arsenal.

I don't really remember many cases where board members have moved so quickly from club to club, without a 'gardening leave' or period away.

Maybe they want to confirm everything's clear at Arsenal's end before submitted the applications this end?

Just guessing.

FA probably just want to make sure everything's legit, considering his dealings with Arsenal.

I don't really remember many cases where board members have moved so quickly from club to club, without a 'gardening leave' or period away.

Maybe they want to confirm everything's clear at Arsenal's end before submitted the applications this end?

Just guessing.

yeah i figured as well it would take a little while. it's not like they read the sale papers and just say OK. tons of legal stuff they have to clear with lawyers and such. i wouldn't be surprised if it took a couple weeks, usually does for ownership change in the states.