IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

Jaw dropping???

What is jaw dropping is that in all those years of haggling loans, selling home grown talent like rooney and rodwell and making profits on the low cost recruits like lescott and arteta we are supposed to give the board credit for operating in this manner?

"Sorry David, I'm not going to authorise you to spend £60,000 on this seamus coleman... I know we sell a big player every year but really that money could be spent on blue gravel. I watched a dvd of the lad and he looks a bit dozy"

"Sorry Roberto, I know you think you may get 28m for fellaini but 4m for a player who man marked marked messi is a bit too much... 15 years ago we spent a bit more than that to get nick barmby"

Teams have been relegated spending more money than us, so are we now meant to be grateful to the board for their astute player acquisitions?

I'm critical of moyes but I will say one thing - he deserves a lot of the credit for us being able to balance the books - so does Martinez and no one else.

I'm not getting in to the negatives of this, I wanted the club sold a while ago. It's been sold more or less, it's about time managers can be held accountable for having real funds to work with.

I agree with Mike, if Kenwright hadn't of taken over we would undoubtedly have been relegated and God only knows where we would be now

He didn't just save us from the drop either, he has built a lasting legacy that all Evertonians can be proud of

We have a fantastic youth system and have gathered an outstanding squad of young players, so the future already looked bright. Kenwright played a pivotal role in signing all of those players no matter how much you would like to belittle his role

Off the field we have the former players foundation and the exemplary work that Everton in the Community do

He has now also delivered on his promise to find a billionaire investor, all be it its taken longer than some would have liked

If the reported fee of £30M and the promise to invest in building a new stadium by Moshiri are correct where does that leave the Buffoon Union claims that BK was a corrupt parasite that was just lining his pockets? If that was the case surely he would have just taken the highest bid and pocketed the profit

Annoying that he'll have made a huge profit for doing fuck all, but at least he'll be gone.

Usmanov ;).

That's what I'm hoping! I think reading between the lines like Moshiri Usmanov could well leave Arsenal behind due to the power struggle with Kroenke

Moshiri has a stake in Usmanov's steel Empire and both seem closely knit business wise so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how this pans out

It would be nice having two Billionaires at the helm one of which makes Abramovich look like a pauper

That's what I'm hoping! I think reading between the lines like Moshiri Usmanov could well leave Arsenal behind due to the power struggle with Kroenke

Moshiri has a stake in Usmanov's steel Empire and both seem closely knit business wise so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how this pans out

It would be nice having two Billionaires at the helm one of which makes Abramovich look like a pauper

This sounds nice.

This could be the first step of Usmanov moving in IMO and he will splash the cash like an Abramovich/Monsour.

I think the main bonus here though is the fact that Roberto will feel the pressure to get results. This type of bloke wont accept mid table finishes. He'll most likely get the benefit this summer but could face the axe sooner rather than later if he doesn't sort the on field mess out

Yep I said this earlier as well. Rm will be feeling the pressure since he's not moshiri's man. I think that is only a good thing.

From the credible Andy Hunter:

Moshiri will acquire Robert Earl’s 23% stake in Everton, plus shares from Kenwright and the director Jon Woods, both of whom are to dilute their respective shareholdings of 26% and 19%. There is an agreement in place, however, for the Monaco-based businessman to increase his stake over time and become the majority owner.

Could you have at least given me a few hours before you burst my bubble? :)

:lol: sorry! I'm not saying we won't spend but I don't think it'll be a shit load. I think it'll be more a case of us now not having to pick between signings we make - i.e. instead of saying do we need to buy a new goalkeeper or wait because we need a striker/left winger/whoever we can now go and get both, and for decent money.

On a separate note - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-anderson-welcomes-farhad-moshiri-10961004

Good to hear that about Bill too.

I can see us spending £100m but only as a result of selling two of our best players (Stones & Rom).

If they don't go, we won't be spending that.

As Mark has eluded to, I think that if the investment(s) that have been promised do come to fruition, it will only aid in bringing players in because we want them, rather than prioritising one over the other.

I do believe Moshiri will be looking at the Stadium issue in the first instance and not providing any 'radical' investments until then.

I couldn't find this article (sorry if it has been posted)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reasons-cheerful-evolution-evertons-ownership-10962465

But even more telling were the words he published as an Arsenal shareholder four years earlier.

“So what is Red & White’s vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club’s long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent.”

While clearly expressing dismay at the direction the club was taking, it contained nuggets like “we will never do anything that would destabilize or ‘create conflict’ at the Club” and “The previous decision by the Board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing. If it had been, it would have been funded through a mixture of debt and non-dividend equity. Instead it allowed, in our view, the major shareholders of the time, who happened to all be Board directors, to load the Club with a liability, to benefit from increased future revenue streams and consequent increase in the value of their holdings, whilst avoiding dilution of their equity.

“The Board of the time then appeared to pursue a policy of increasing ticket prices and squeezing the fans to cover the short term cost increases which allowed them to bridge until all of these shareholders and Board directors sold 100% of their holdings and cashed out at vast profits.

“This policy does not seem to have changed.”

No one knows what he is going to spend, nor will it be published. Simple reason - if we came out and said we are going to spend 100m on players then clubs will hold us to ransom.

All in all, it's an exciting time as he clearly understands business and has seen how a club should operate commercially.

After the deal is finalised, we will have to be very careful in the transfer market as every club will know we have got funds and players' valuations will go up by 50% whenever we show interest.

Exactly, my point just made above, we will not be stupid enough to announce our war chest just to appease the fans need to get excited.

It's going to be very interesting to say the least, loads of speculation and nothing else until players get signed.

"Today Robert Elstone and Everton have parted ways by mutual consent. We would like to place on record that in his 8 years as CEO he has recorded some impressive achievememts:-

A long standing budget association with a budget beer which enabled the club to send the boys on a beano each year.

A wonderful tan, which coupled with his teeth whitening treatments gave Brendan Rogers the inspiration for following suit.

A guinness world record of using the word "absolutely" unnecessarily in a calendar years, absolutely brilliant.

He has boosted kitbag and sodexos profits by agreeing wonderful deals for them.

He has out seen some great servants for the club, who despite their love and professionalism in their role found that they needed to move on...

Robert is currently on garden leave, sporting a pair of white speedos and factor zero."

"Today Robert Elstone and Everton have parted ways by mutual consent. We would like to place on record that in his 8 years as CEO he has recorded some impressive achievememts:-

A long standing budget association with a budget beer which enabled the club to send the boys on a beano each year.

A wonderful tan, which coupled with his teeth whitening treatments gave Brendan Rogers the inspiration for following suit.

A guinness world record of using the word "absolutely" unnecessarily in a calendar years, absolutely brilliant.

He has boosted kitbag and sodexos profits by agreeing wonderful deals for them.

He has out seen some great servants for the club, who despite their love and professionalism in their role found that they needed to move on...

Robert is currently on garden leave, sporting a pair of white speedos and factor zero."

(Chang isn't a budget beer)