IGNORED

Man of the Match at Man City (League Game)

MikeO

MOTM@City  

31 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Tim Howard
    • John Stones
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Ramiro Funes Mori
    • Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • Muhamed Be?ić
    • Ross Barkley
    • Leon Osman
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Gerard Deulofeu

Current Player of the Season standings...

Romelu Lukaku...174

Gerard Deulofeu...130

Ross Barkley...74

Gareth Barry...66

Arouna Kone...50

Steven Naismith...45

Muhamed Bešić ...42

Seamus Coleman...40

Tim Howard...35

Tom Cleverley...33

John Stones...22

Brendan Galloway...21

Joel Robles...19

Ramiro Funes Mori...18

James McCarthy...9

Phil Jagielka...6

Bryan Oviedo...5

Aaron Lennon...3

Kevin Mirallas...3

Leighton Baines...2

Previous MOTM winners...

Dagenham and Redbridge (H)...Muhamed Bešić

Manchester City (H)...Muhamed Bešić

Spurs (H)...Muhamed Bešić

Stoke City (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Newcastle (A)...Gareth Barry

Leicester (H)...Gareth Barry

Norwich (A)...Tom Cleverley

Crystal Palace (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Bournemouth (A)...James McCarthy

Aston Villa (H)...Gerard Deulofeu

West Ham (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Sunderland (H)...Arouna Kone

Norwich (H)...Joel Robles

Arsenal (A)...Brendon Galloway

Manchester United {H)...Romelu Lukaku

Liverpool (H)...Romelu Lukaku

West Brom (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Reading (A)...Ross Barkley

Swansea (A)...Ross Barkley

Chelsea (H)...Steven Naismith

Tottenham (A)...Tim Howard

Barnsley (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Manchester City (H)...Seamus Coleman

Southampton (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Watford (H)...Arouna Kone

Strange one but had to be Howard.

Stones had an awful game tonight... Caught in possession far too often and that last challenge was terrible.

youre as blind with a player you don't like as you are with Mirallas. Stones played out of position and, first half at least played very well. Average second half.

Anyway, Mo. Special shout out to Howard.

Edited by Matt

Well he gets loads of shit when we concede. Loads of shit full stop.

So fairs fair...Howard.

The man was brill tonight. He looked a different man to what we've had recently. Maybe those couple of cup games on the bench have done him good? Bit of time away from attention.

I hope this is the start of a better run of games.

No question. Mo had it at half time but Tim earned us the point tonight (he'd probably have saved the last minute pen they should've had if it'd been given).

Well he gets loads of shit when we concede. Loads of shit full stop.

So fairs fair...Howard.

The man was brill tonight. He looked a different man to what we've had recently. Maybe those couple of cup games on the bench have done him good? Bit of time away from attention.

I hope this is the start of a better run of games.

yes to both of these. i've been very critcal of Howard but willing to give the man his due, blocked a lot of shots tonight and kept a clean sheet and a point. solid performance tim, hope the rest of the campaign is like this.

youre as blind with a player you don't like as you are with Mirallas. Stones played out of position and, first half at least played very well. Average second half.

Anyway, Mo. Special shout out to Howard.

Blind would be someone who thought Stones played well. Agreed he was slightly out of position but he was caught in possession at least 3 times off the top of my head and could also have conceded two penalties. He was awful. The position excuse can be shouted as loud as you want. Tonight he was terrible.

Blind would be someone who thought Stones played well. Agreed he was slightly out of position but he was caught in possession at least 3 times off the top of my head and could also have conceded two penalties. He was awful. The position excuse can be shouted as loud as you want. Tonight he was terrible.

volume is irrelevant, fact is. Out of position, constantly trying to play the attacking full back, ie driving the ball up field, linking up. 1 penalty shout I grant you, the other moments before (which I thought you were referring to in the match day thread with Aguero) was a tackle by Jags first and outside the box. Tackle vs Sterling was silly but that was his only real mistake. First half I thought he was strong; the whole team where and he strode up with the ball with confidence. Second half we were under the cosh and he defended. Terrible is a ridiculous statement.

Howard. Credit where it's due, excellent.

I'll be honest, Stones was a liability tonight. He did lose possession too much and ffs 2 penalties could have been given against him. He has got to stop thinking a player getting past him means take him down...

Kone was fucking awful when he came on, lazy bastard.

Barkley and Besic very good first half, funes mori looks a great find.

Edited by Hafnia

volume is irrelevant, fact is. Out of position, constantly trying to play the attacking full back, ie driving the ball up field, linking up. 1 penalty shout I grant you, the other moments before (which I thought you were referring to in the match day thread with Aguero) was a tackle by Jags first and outside the box. Tackle vs Sterling was silly but that was his only real mistake. First half I thought he was strong; the whole team where and he strode up with the ball with confidence. Second half we were under the cosh and he defended. Terrible is a ridiculous statement.

Not terrible, no. However not far off terrible, he could have cost us the game on several occasions. If he was classed as natural fullback I'd definitely say terrible!

Not terrible, no. However not far off terrible, he could have cost us the game on several occasions. If he was classed as natural fullback I'd definitely say terrible!

He did a job. He almost fucked that job up towards the end, but he got lucky and the job was complete. I hope one of our veteran leaders gives him a fucking earful though. I'd hate to think that Roberto orthe team treat him with kid gloves. I can be forgiving when it comes to playing the ball out of the back and trying to keep possession, but when you're going down in the box in the 93rd minute of a 0-0 game, I'm slamming a door on your head.

Howard - Roberto's faith has been repaid in part - it want to see it consistently now.

I thought Stones played well up to getting injured then it seemed that was playing on his mind and he was an accident waiting to happen from then on. We got away with it thankfully.

Special mention to Jags - we've missed his presence at the back so much. Think we'd be a lot higher now should he have been fit over Christmas.

Howard. No this isn't April Fools Day. If Howard played like he did every match then I would buy his kit. He owed everybody (including himself) this performance tonight. Maybe all of the deserved flack he was getting lit a giant bonfire up his ass to start playing like a Premier league keeper again. He's been total and utter dogshit before this match for a long time. Pint raised in his honor tonight.

Edited by chalkpie

Besic was outstanding first half. Full of energy and some nice involvement all over the pitch. Commentators were creaming over him.

Has to be Howard though. Like most people have said, he earnt us the point especially in the second half where it was real backs to the wall stuff at times.