IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

yes i don't want him. i keep reading how tactically inept he is and how he needs a sporting director and he's cold as ice and a hard man. i could live with one of those but all of those and i'm wondering if he's any different than martinez. at least RM could pick a transfer.

Oumar likes this.

CaKB72xWkAAXuVx.jpg

Edited by Lowensda

Oumar likes this.

CaKB72xWkAAXuVx.jpg

well played. but i would like to be fair to the man and say he was very good in the transfer market. sure there was Niasse, Lacina Traore, Mcgeady, Kone, Alcaraz, etc. But he did some great moves with Romelu, Barry, Mccarthy (first year he was worth it), Gerry, Lennon, Funes Mori, Besic, etc.

well played. but i would like to be fair to the man and say he was very good in the transfer market. sure there was Niasse, Lacina Traore, Mcgeady, Kone, Alcaraz, etc. But he did some great moves with Romelu, Barry, Mccarthy (first year he was worth it), Gerry, Lennon, Funes Mori, Besic, etc.

I also think Traore was a good signing just unlucky with injuries, didnt cost us anything.

Let's be fair Martinez's transfers good/bad, were about 50/50, which isn't great!

In his defense, the signings that didn't pan out were usually his less costly signings. No one knows if Niasse will pan out, but if he fails, he would be the big exception here. Alcaraz was a free, McGeady was very cheap, Kone wasn't very expensive.

Yep. Been reading up on him and it's been a bit worrying how he seems to stick to the same formation and same slow passing style. Put me off a bit really.

And also how he insist on playing through the wings with no effort to attack through the middle.

And also how he insist on playing through the wings with no effort to attack through the middle.

That would be refreshing as we haven't seen our wings utilised for 18 months.

Do you know a team called Man Utd? And I guy called Sir Alex. Built the most successful English club based on "wingers". It works.

Spoke to a guy today who said he was at the Norwich game in a corporate hospitality do and he was sitting with Kenwrights brother Tom I think he said. Kenwrights brother was telling him they have a shortlist of five managers.

That boils it down.

Koeman is out when he signs a new contract with Soton. Until then it's all talk.

But yeah, it looks like the other three candidates are the ones you listed. There are a few good candidates that have not been linked with the club who are out of job, tho.

Emery says he wants to stay Sevilla.

Looks like its going to be down to either De Boer, Pelligrini or.... Moyes....

I'm thinking it's only De Boer or Pellegrini left.

And Moyes. The fact he has steered away from jobs such as Celtic and Villa really worries me. Please no.

Looks like its going to be down to either De Boer, Pelligrini or.... Moyes....

Said he's "happy at sevilla"... to me that's not ruling himself out. He may be but based on history how many players and managers moved after that?

Looks like its going to be down to either De Boer,

Pelligrini or.... Moyes....

With those three looking like our only options left I'm going to be left feeling much like we did when we hired Martinez. I'm not even contemplating Moyes returning, but I don't want or not want the other two. I'll just be thinking "let's see".

Edited by Romey 1878

With those three looking like our only options left I'm going to be left feeling much like we did when we hired Martinez. I'm not even contemplating Moyes returning, but I don't want or not want the other two. I'll just be thinking "let's see".

Who do you want Mark?

Who do you want Mark?

Koeman has been the one I wanted all along but that's looking very unlikely now. I don't think De Boer or Pellegrini would be bad choices, they just don't do it for me. I'd probably want Pellegrini before De Boer though. Moyes... well that would just be a nightmare scenario.