IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

We don't need an Osman type and he's nowhere near as good as Ossie was anyway.

I respect your opinion but I think we do, a player who can come on and inject some pace, quick passing and energy. I'm not saying he is going to be regular but he is an option we need.

Time will tell regarding the comparison with Ossy.

I respect your opinion but I think we do, a player who can come on and inject some pace, quick passing and energy. I'm not saying he is going to be regular but he is an option we need.

Time will tell regarding the comparison with Ossy.

I've pretty much said he's ok for the squad. He's not a starter though. Not in a million years. We need to go back to two proper wingers.

Pre injury he was great whether that's had a lasting effect on him remains to be seen but I do agree with MC if we want to push on he's not a starter

To fit him in you have to compromise your formation and he's not good enough to justify doing that for me, we need to bring in a creative player and drop this two holding/deep laying midfielder bollocks

I'd keep him around but he wouldn't start for me if we wish to push on and invest wisely

I always think when we buy these little squad fillers that that's were the young players from Finch Farm should come in.

It does my tits in buying in players that are no better than the youth who should be getting a chance.

That's not aimed at TC (thought he was ace early in the season!). Regards to him, like everyone, the new man has to decide. They all get to start again.

I always think when we buy these little squad fillers that that's were the young players from Finch Farm should come in.

It does my tits in buying in players that are no better than the youth who should be getting a chance.

That's not aimed at TC (thought he was ace early in the season!). Regards to him, like everyone, the new man has to decide. They all get to start again.

after seeing Davies, Dowell i'm wondering why even bother replacing gibson, just play those lads. same with the 3rd/4th CB position, should be galloway and pennington's to lose. no need for the old vet when we have cheap quality homegrown options. save the money for the big signings.

Linked with Lucien Favre (again?). Wouldn't mind, did a really good job at Mönchengladbach. Tight defensively, good counter-attacking team and style not too bad on the eye. Also good at developing youth players, Marco Reus is what he is thanks to Favre. He has the knack of making even the stars and offensive players work as part of a unit. On top of that, he had to rebuild the side after Reus, Dante and Neustäder all left. Yet they managed to finish 8th the next season and 6th the season after that (they finished 4th with Reus). Impressive considering the team were last in Bundesliga in February when he took over. He saved them and consequently took them to the CL.

This is a good article: http://www.thetacticsroom.com/articles/2014/11/20/lucien-favre-is-leading-the-foals-to-water-and-it-looks-like-theyll-drink-it-too

A more detailed look at his tactics: http://theinsidechannel.com/lucien-favres-tactics-at-borussia-monchengladbach/

If we're looking to move up the table... There's no way Tom Cleverley can be seen as a first teamer.

Our success in Martinez first season was based on two wide players and Barkley.

Cleverley isn't good enough to play in the middle either.

Bit harsh on Cleverley, I think hes a very solid player been much better than most this season.Always get a good shift out of him, i think every team needs this kind of player.

Favre - i cant really comment dont know much about him, headlines raving because Wenger knows him but he knew Remi Garde too :rofl: .

he was awful on the left wing, he's not a winger. so really the only other place to play him was central midfield. he wasn't great there either. like a barry without a lot of pace, but he doesn't have the passing skills barry has. he's squad filler and not even much of that for me.

Completely disagree. He had some of his best games on the left, linking up with the more central players. He was brought to Everton to play on the left. I agree he isn't a winger, but he is a very capable left midfielder. With an attacking left back he can be a great asset. In central midfield he was not good at all.

Don't get the Cleverley hate. Before his injury he was superb. That injury was a big blow as it happened after a good pre season and his match sharpness just went.

He needs to be fully fit like mccarthy. He's not a skilled or flair player, more industrious who needs to be fully functional. He cost fuck all and is a solid squad member.

Don't get the Cleverley hate. Before his injury he was superb. That injury was a big blow as it happened after a good pre season and his match sharpness just went.

He needs to be fully fit like mccarthy. He's not a skilled or flair player, more industrious who needs to be fully functional. He cost fuck all and is a solid squad member.

Where do we want to be Haf? Mid table 7th, 8th? If we want to crack on we need to forget about players like Cleverley and McCarthy. Solid squad players but not good enough for challenging IMO.

Where do we want to be Haf? Mid table 7th, 8th? If we want to crack on we need to forget about players like Cleverley and McCarthy. Solid squad players but not good enough for challenging IMO.

Plenty of Winning teams have a workhorse, a player who allows the creative players to shine.

Edited by Dean

We are not in position to have 22 world class players. You won't have those sitting on the bench at a club this size. City, Chelsea and United can sign them if they wish, not us.

Emery for me. That must have been some team talk tonight, Sevilla were shite first half made them look like us at Anfield second half. Clearly knows how to fire a team up.

Get off the drugs mate. Came in here looking for this exact post.

Just now I am more concerned with WHEN not WHO. If we don't get a move on we will be starting the new season and the new man at the helm will hardly have a clue on the best team to put out, AND we will not have a good transfer window.

Surely the board knew before RM got the elbow who they wanted in? So why nothing is happening is beyond me.

Just now I am more concerned with WHEN not WHO. If we don't get a move on we will be starting the new season and the new man at the helm will hardly have a clue on the best team to put out, AND we will not have a good transfer window.

Surely the board knew before RM got the elbow who they wanted in? So why nothing is happening is beyond me.

You don't know that nothing is happening, for all we know they could have agreed to appoint Lowe but are waiting until after the Euros to announce it

Or maybe we are still negotiating with a club in order to speak to a manager, it's only been a couple of weeks since we sacked Roberto these things take time