IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

If I was unsworth I'd be happy with the job he has now. No doubt we'll paid and gets to work with kids who look like the real deal. That's as a good as job for life as your gonna get

Yep and if the next manager only lasts 3 years he might get a shot at the head coach job then if he keeps up the good work with the u21.

Mourinho's gone from about 25/1 to 6/1 today. De Boer no longer odds-on. Keoman still around 4/1.

Glad I'm not a gambler!

Aren't the odds altered as people place more bets on a certain person? And people are influenced by what they read in sports papers or on sports sites, who rely quite a bit on advertising from betting firms, hence the made up headlines?! Dirty business...!!!

Aren't the odds altered as people place more bets on a certain person? And people are influenced by what they read in sports papers or on sports sites, who rely quite a bit on advertising from betting firms, hence the made up headlines?! Dirty business...!!!

Good points but the fact is that favourites, or those with short odds (however they become them) win more often than not.

Which is why the bookies saying "Oh we lost so much on Leicester" is total bollocks. They had thousands more bets on City and Chelsea etc where the money went into their satchel to pay off the half dozen Leicester bets many times over; bookies love it when an outsider wins, coin it in big time.

Good points but the fact is that favourites, or those with short odds (however they become them) win more often than not.

Which is why the bookies saying "Oh we lost so much on Leicester" is total bollocks. They had thousands more bets on City and Chelsea etc where the money went into their satchel to pay off the half dozen Leicester bets many times over; bookies love it when an outsider wins, coin it in big time.

Yeah for sure.

I think Koeman odds will fall after his statement today.

I'm not surprised that we may have tried to touch base with Mourinho. It would be a huge show of intent by Moshiri. Would he come? Well it's football, so....

I think De Boer seems the most realistic option though.

Don't get the bashing of TC. Before his injury he was excellent, and since coming back he's played bits and pieces across the park. He needs a decent run and will be a very important player for us.

he was awful on the left wing, he's not a winger. so really the only other place to play him was central midfield. he wasn't great there either. like a barry without a lot of pace, but he doesn't have the passing skills barry has. he's squad filler and not even much of that for me.

Don't get the bashing of TC. Before his injury he was excellent, and since coming back he's played bits and pieces across the park. He needs a decent run and will be a very important player for us.

Completely disagree. He's a squad player at the very very best. That's why we're mid table. Playing this type of player.

Some people have short memories. We had so much more energy in our play early in the season, and a large part of that was down to him. I'll agree, since he came back he's been average at best but the player that started the season is more than a squad filler in my opinion.

I'd agree with that Matt, but his level dropped really badly after his injury. The big question is after a full preseason will he get back too where he was?

I'd play myself as a winger before him if I'm honest he has to play like an old fashioned inside left in a 5 man midfield to see his best in my opinion.

I'd agree with that Matt, but his level dropped really badly after his injury. The big question is after a full preseason will he get back too where he was?

I'd play myself as a winger before him if I'm honest he has to play like an old fashioned inside left in a 5 man midfield to see his best in my opinion.

oh no doubt, he's not been very good but then, who has been? I'm hoping a good preseason and a decent manager will get him back to his best

If we're looking to move up the table... There's no way Tom Cleverley can be seen as a first teamer.

Our success in Martinez first season was based on two wide players and Barkley.

Cleverley isn't good enough to play in the middle either.

He needs a 5 man midfield to look decent.

T C was rushed back from injury and then plonked into a midfield and a team struggling for rhythm and confidence.

He is a new Osman type player, good feet, can pick a pass, score a goal and unlike Ossy has lots of stamina and energy

We don't need an Osman type and he's nowhere near as good as Ossie was anyway.