IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Saturday March 5

markjazzbassist

No shortage of skill from the lads today. What we are missing is a leader.

Exactly. Martinez couldn't lead a pack of cub scouts. We are a team in his image, flash, smooth, but ultimately weak and gutless.

Edited by nogs

Damn we have some shit fans haha.

Played with ten men for most the match.

Leading for most of it.

Miss a penalty and then once they break through the extra man counts as it usually does.

But we're heartless, the manager got it wrong....have to admit he shouldn't have told Mirralas to get sent off and it was a bad decision to tell Lukaku to miss.

Take a breath all and wait until emotions are less raw.

Such a shame, how this game went :/ West Ham is a pretty darn decent team, pretty scary how good they are. But getting down to 10 men and then just watching the boat sink so late on in the game is just a pity, cause I felt like Everton would have had the 3 pointer if Mirallas didn't catch a second yellow.

Such a shame, how this game went :/ West Ham is a pretty darn decent team, pretty scary how good they are. But getting down to 10 men and then just watching the boat sink so late on in the game is just a pity, cause I felt like Everton would have had the 3 pointer if Mirallas didn't catch a second yellow.

I wouldn't say they are that good decent maybe but we dominated with ten men for the majority of the game and if not for absolutely shocking subs I think that game would have ended up 2-0

Damn we have some shit fans haha.

Played with ten men for most the match.

Leading for most of it.

Miss a penalty and then once they break through the extra man counts as it usually does.

But we're heartless, the manager got it wrong....have to admit he shouldn't have told Mirralas to get sent off and it was a bad decision to tell Lukaku to miss.

Take a breath all and wait until emotions are less raw.

Bullshit. Arsenal showed real guts with men earlier and got a draw.

Stop making excuses. This is the THIRD time we have thrown away a two-goal lead this season, we are going to finish bottom half for the second season running. How does not accepting mediocrity and poor leadership make anyone a bad fan??

I understand the disappointment, but, with ten men, we outplayed West Ham for much of the game. In the end, though, tiredness kicked in, and is was bound to. The sole reason we lost this game is because of Mirallas. He can be brilliant at time, but he's cost us time and again because of his attitude and immaturity. It's just not worth playing him.

All credit to our team today for running their socks off and never giving up. You could see they really wanted to win, even with the odds so stacked against us

too angry. 2.5 people to blame and the 0.5 is harsh, but no doubt he'll get the blame...

Would be interested to hear who the 2.5 are? I'm guessing mirallas Roberto and te .5 rom missed pen?

Rom should have taken it more seriously but the loss isn't his fault. Busted his ass all game and had a goal and assist. Motm for me.

Roberto shit subs should have left Lennon on.

Bullshit. Arsenal showed real guts with men earlier and got a draw.

Stop making excuses. This is the THIRD time we have thrown away a two-goal lead this season, we are going to finish bottom half for the second season running. How does not accepting mediocrity and poor leadership make anyone a bad fan??

Big difference between an excuse and a reason.

And quote me where I said that...i dare you to try. Let me let you off, as you won't even try because you know I didn't.

I love this team and for 75 minutes I thought we were in control.

The manager had made good decisions that were paying off.

I thought bringing Besic on was a good desicion.

I also understood the Niasse sub. Lennon was goosed and we needed someone to run at them.

Barry at 2-2. Agree. We were panicking and needed experience. It nearly payed off as we had a couple of good chances.

We lost due to a player losing his head.

Would be interested to hear who the 2.5 are? I'm guessing mirallas Roberto and te .5 rom missed pen?

Rom should have taken it more seriously but the loss isn't his fault. Busted his ass all game and had a goal and assist. Motm for me.

Roberto shit subs should have left Lennon on.

bingo

Just on way home from the match. The boys were outstanding for 79 minutes but once again they are let down by Martinez. We had our chances at 2-0 to finish the game off but once it went to 2-1 we looked lost. Martinez needs to take responsibility. Lennon is the last player you take off when your a man down and especially for niasse who on that appearance looks shite. It was a really good game of football which was spoilt by some horrendous officiating. I will reserve judgement on mirrallas till I see the replay but you don't make challenges like that on a yellow

Hi chaps. I Read the forum but never comment. I live in Iraq and watched the game. I don't think we can fault anyone today - best I've seen us all season. And hats off to the manager too...he did everything right.

Best all season? Na not for me.

Roberto can just piss off now! Same shite every home game, useless subs, he very rarely affects a game with his subs!

Not having that today. Down to 10 changed the system got us to 2-0 up and missed a pen cost us. It can't be Martinez fault today however you look at it.

Edited by barryj

Guest rusty747

Ok, I have taken a deep breath, counted to ten and had a cup of tea so, hopefully, a considered post.

There was a lot of good stuff on display today. But we weren't unlucky to lose. We gave West Ham the chance to come back into the game and they grabbed it.

Mirallas' sending off was stupid but, lets remember we played better without him, went 2-0 up and should have made it 3-0 or 4-0. The missed pen was a psychological turning point and that is our weakness. We are not mentally strong enough. We have heart, we have belief, we have team spirit. What we don't have is a Roy Keane type leader on the pitch. Martinez is going to be good for us, eventually, I think. But only if he is surrounded by the right people. Jags is a popular captain but any damn fool can be popular. We need a snide, nasty bastard out there to terrify our players as much as the opposition. Until we get someone like that then we will always risk imploding from a winning position again. That is only Martinez' fault insofar as he hasn't signed such a player.

I don't think it's time for a witch hunt. I think it's time to appreciate the many good things we saw today, acknowledge our weaknesses and do something about it in the summer transfer window. Europa league place has gone so strongest team for the FA Cup and lets have a look at Liam Walsh, Kieran Dowell, etc in the first team.

My thing is why bring on a striker, who is just getting up to speed in a new league, to help defend a lead for 25 minutes, while down to 10 men? And why bring him on for your hardest working two-way player? Bad decision.

Of course, none of this would have mattered had Kev not played Greg Louganis then gone and looked like he was trying to prevent a double-play.

Bow before my unabashedly American references!!!