IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Saturday March 5

markjazzbassist

Well.... was my 40th birthday party and the TV was on with the game showing. I didn't get to watch it properly but my fellow blues kept me updated.

In short, Martinez has to go... I have backed him and backed him but as much as he does right he fucks it up. Mirallas sees himself and not the team and that goes for Rom too.

Disappointed to say thd least. That game summed everton up.

Well.... was my 40th birthday party and the TV was on with the game showing. I didn't get to watch it properly but my fellow blues kept me updated.

In short, Martinez has to go... I have backed him and backed him but as much as he does right he fucks it up. Mirallas sees himself and not the team and that goes for Rom too.

Happy birthday! ?

What a shit present the blues gave you :(.

The Sunday Times quotes Bilic as saying 'Nobody can deny we deserved it and were the best team from the first minute'.?

He must've been watching a different game because that couldn't be further from the truth, and is why the result is even harder to take. If we'd have getting battered while down to 10 men but had managed to get 2-0 up with our only shots then it'd have been easier to take, but we were in control and on top for most of it despite being a man short.

Finally home from a ski trip where I sprained my knee and dislocated my shoulder, so why not sit down and enjoy the Everton match.

True masochist am I.

First yellow for Mirallas was harsh. Second was schoolboy foolish by the Belgian. Thought we did really well to cope until Lukaku's penalty. And what a poor effort from Rom. Sure Adrian was off his line, but nary a complaint from the players and Rom far far too casual with the effort.

Not sure you can blame him for not scoring when put through by Barkley, such a good save from Adrian.

How we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with only 15 minutes remaining is just shocking.

Niasse for Lennon...?

I think there are four significant aspects of this game - 3 of them negative and one positive.

Negatives:

1. Mirallas. Silly boy. Enough said

2. Lukaku penalty miss and his casual attitude to it. He should have known that if he had scored we would have won. It was important but he didn't treat it as such.

3. Martinez. Initially got the 10 man game plan spot on but then blew it away with stupid subs. Post match comments blaming the ref are doing nothing for his credibility either.

Positives:

1. The performance with 10 men from 35th minute to 75th minute was superb.

100%

Guest rusty747

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/03/06/jagielka

Jags stinks of weakness and excuses. Exactly the type of player who shouldn't wear the arm band.

A little harsh Pete. As Captain he is the link between the players and the manager. If he said exactly what he thinks he would probably be dropped. Jags cares and always gives 100%. The problem is, he is too nice a guy and doesn't seem able to grab hold of a situation, or a team mate, by the scruff of the testicles!

Actually, having just re read my reply to you. I think you might be right!

Edited by rusty747

I was just thinking before that I've paid over £1K to watch us win 4 home games over the past 2 years... it's no wonder I leave Goodison a broken man.

Wow.... That's sickening...

Except since March 2014 we've won sixteen league games at Goodison, plus seven or eight cup matches :huh:.

Except since March 2014 we've won sixteen league games at Goodison, plus seven or eight cup matches :huh:.

It was posted somewhere we'd only won 4 home league games since April 2014 wasn't it?

I must say I did think it was a bit too low but didn't think to actually check it because it's been that grim it seemed entirely plausible :lol:.

Edit - never mind, it was April 2015. So I've spent over £500 for my four wins, a lot better :unsure:

Edited by Romey 1878

It was posted somewhere we'd only won 4 home league games since April 2014 wasn't it?

I must say I did think it was a bit too low but didn't think to actually check it because it's been that grim it seemed entirely plausible :lol:.

Edit - never mind, it was April 2015. So I've spent over £500 for my four wins, a lot better :unsure:

Yeah was going to correct you to 2015 but you got in first.

Still horrendous.

A little harsh Pete. As Captain he is the link between the players and the manager. If he said exactly what he thinks he would probably be dropped. Jags cares and always gives 100%. The problem is, he is too nice a guy and doesn't seem able to grab hold of a situation, or a team mate, by the scruff of the testicles!

Actually, having just re read my reply to you. I think you might be right!

Haha, you made my point better than I did :).

Barry and Lukaku are the only two in my memory that have been critical of Martinez. I'd make Barry temporary captain for now. Martinez has too many yes men and got rid of the medical staff who apparently disagreed with him. The higher ups need to put him in his place and make him listen. He's not far off being a great manager, but his stubbornness is criminal.

Too many players have the look of not again, I want to see some anger and frustration, some heart. Too many players are happy to let the manager blame luck rather than themselves.

Yeah but you've seen loads of goals and excitement.

Sorry, I'll leave now.

I know. You lot who are there game after game through all weather's have a license to be pissed off. And that includes my mate MC!!!

I do my absolute best not to get ahead of myself when we're leading by 2 goals (which is ridiculous) but it's hard, and I dare to dream that we'll do it, we'll see the game out, but more often than not this season (and last) that dream turns into a nightmare. I know it feels bad for all of us but actually being there to witness it firsthand... It's honestly impossible to put the feeling into words. I am so passionate about this club and win or lose it affects me massively, but right now I wish more than anything I didn't give a shit and I hate that feeling and I hate that Roberto is a big reason behind that. That's why I want him gone.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there :lol:.

Just got the courage together to watch some of the highlights and, forgetting what came after (I didn't watch that far) our second goal was absolutely fantastic. If you look at the twenty minute version on the OS the build-up starts at 12'36"; brilliant control and strength from Lukaku and then he's on hand in the box twenty-five seconds later for the assist. Superb stuff from Lennon plus Oviedo played a part in it as well.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2016/03/05/everton-2-3-west-ham-20-minute-highlights

Should be a candidate for Goal of the Season. Such a shame it counted for nothing.