IGNORED

The New Investment Dream Big Thread

Message from Moshiri in Saturday's programme on Everton's Twitter...

https://twitter.com/Everton

Echo article, too: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-investor-farhad-moshiri-ill-11026310

Love the promise to spend, keep star players and take care of the stadium issue. Hate that he mentions supporting Elstone haha

I'm really positive about the future, I can see rom going to bayern or juve for £60 mill or so and maybe stones going to city. Invest that money back into the squad with whatever budget we had originally. With the stones money buy shawcross and butland. Buy two big money strikers and get deembele from Fulham on a free. Isco from Madrid and a monster in the middle of the park

I'd be very surprised if Elstone keeps his current position in the next year this guy would have worked with and mixed with very good and savy people over at Arsenal

He's simply "front of house" that's my hope of why he's mentioned but he's definitely a part of the old regime that needs moving on to put it politely

Love the rest of it though clear the deadwood and hopefully keep hold of key players and I hope him being there tomorrow gives Martinez a massive incentive to sort his shit out also

Just a quick point that I'd like to Martinez to stay in some capacity.

He a good eye for a player and I love that we seem to have dropped this mentality of being a small side (even though sometimes that hurts us).

I'm sure there is a place for him somewhere. I also think he's a proper Everton sort - isn't billy big bollocks, he handles himself professionally off the pitch and is a gent.

Its just a shame he's not a bit better on the pitch!

Like all successful businessman, the bloke will have a ruthless streak.

He'll maybe take a year to get to know the ins and outs of the club, get himself comfortable.

After that, I'm sure if people like Elstone, Martinez etc aren't upto the task...he'll get rid.

This could be the best thing that has happened to this club for many years.

In terms of 'The Big Dream'...

Get us back our training ground and make it better.

Get us a new stadium to secure our future

Protect our assets

Grow our commercial revenue...the TV bubble will burst.

Keep this squad together...add to it as necessary, not just for the sake of it.

Really dig in and invest in local talent.

Alright fellow blues!

First time post, decided to join the forum to express my views basically all because of our manager! I have been a season ticket holder now 27 years and felt compelled to join in.

My big new investment dream is simple. I would first of all like to welcome Mr Moshiri to our great football club, you have made a very good move sir. I would like to think that even though he is just getting his feet under the table and is attending his first match on Saturday, that as he has been in discussions will Bill for some time getting to know our great club, and that I hope he is well aware of the goings on on the pitch and that many Evertonians are really becoming fed up with Martinez and that 3 years has been enough time to have gotten things right by now. Taking the team from regular top 5/6 contenders down to the bottom half with arguably the best squad of players for many many years simply is not good enough! I could go on and on with many things from the 3 years he's been here but I think you all know by now that Mr Martinez does not have the tactical brain to push our club onto better things.

So my first big investment dream starts with Mr Moshiri removing Mr Martinez from his post and finding a new man to match what I hope is a brand new drive to a better future in a new stadium, an even better squad and challenging and winning trophies once more.

For me the squad doesn't need wholesale changes but the manager and backroom staff do, out with the Wigan and in with the new!

I don't think his comments come across as more for a move than a redevelopment. I just see it as what it says, he'll find the most suitable solution.

I can see why he would come out and be supportive of everyone in his first statement. Behind closed doors he may be a bit more demanding.

Yes, a new 'boss' coming in doesn't rock boats. I've experienced this on a few occasions. Takes time to look around, usually makes any changes after about 6 months, in our case, it will be during the close season.

Like all successful businessman, the bloke will have a ruthless streak.

He'll maybe take a year to get to know the ins and outs of the club, get himself comfortable.

After that, I'm sure if people like Elstone, Martinez etc aren't upto the task...he'll get rid.

He shouldn't need a year to find out Elstone isn't up to it - he only has to look at the commercial deals this clown has gotten for us to know he's out of his depth.

His biggest job before Everton was St Helens the rugby league side. He's out of his depth here and it shows.

Edited by Romey 1878

I agree with your opinions on the shit job Elstone has done Mark, but a new guy can't come in and publicly slate him on his first day. Imagine you get a new boss and on the first day he goes around saying how shit you are, it just looks bad. I'm sure Moshiri will have someone in mind to be CEO, but at the moment he still needs another shareholder to back him to fire Elstone, and I'm sure he will, but his first programme notes are not the place to be slating people. He's just giving a little bit away and saying he will be supporting everyone. In two months time most of the people listed in his notes might be out of a job. I doubt it will take him a year, but he is only a week in. I don't expect any changes at least until the season is over.

Edited by StevO

I agree with your opinions on the shit job Elstone has done Mark, but a new guy can't come in and publicly slate him on his first day. Imagine you get a new boss and on the first day he goes around saying how shit you are, it just looks bad. I'm sure Moshiri will have someone in mind to be CEO, but at the moment he still needs another shareholder to back him to fire Elstone, and I'm sure he will, but his first programme notes are not the place to be slating people. He's just giving a little bit away and saying he will be supporting everyone. In two months time most of the people listed in his notes might be out of a job. I doubt it will take him a year, but he is only a week in. I don't expect any changes at least until the season is over.

Not saying he should publicly slate him, just disagreeing with the point about it being a year before he makes a decision like getting shut of Elstone.

Edited by Romey 1878

Not saying he should publicly slate him, just disagreeing with the point about it being a year before he makes a decision like getting shut of Elstone.

He'll take his time. He'll look into the workings of the club, the ins and outs of it all. He'll want to understand certain deals and why they were made. There's loads to look at.

Don't forget that Everton isn't suddenly his only concern. He'll have a load of other business interests to look after. He just drop them and be over at GP 7 days a week. A year is no time at all with the amount of things he'll have to do.

(Plus Kenwright is still chairman and will be giving Elstone the big up!)

He'll take his time. He'll look into the workings of the club, the ins and outs of it all. He'll want to understand certain deals and why they were made. There's loads to look at.

Don't forget that Everton isn't suddenly his only concern. He'll have a load of other business interests to look after. He just drop them and be over at GP 7 days a week. A year is no time at all with the amount of things he'll have to do.

(Plus Kenwright is still chairman and will be giving Elstone the big up!)

I get that he'll take his time with most decisions but the role of CEO shouldn't take a year to decide when Elstone has been pretty pathetic.

I get that he'll take his time with most decisions but the role of CEO shouldn't take a year to decide when Elstone has been pretty pathetic.

Yeah but you're assuming it's only Moshiri 's decision. And it isn't. Maybe if he had 51% of shares and was Chairman...but he doesn't and he isn't.

People have to remember that Moshiri doesn't own the club. He has, was it 49% of shares?, and he has kept the present chairman. The chairman which has kept the CEO for a number of years.

I don't know for sure, but I'm sure for the CEO to be removed it would take a number of board meetings, all sorts of legal shenanigans.