IGNORED

The New Investment Dream Big Thread

A new manager.

Let Martinez move on to be a Director of Football or some shit like that. Then he can buy decent players while we have a manager who can actually coach them.

Exactly, having a great squad of players is one thing........you know the rest.

He has dropped Stones and Howard of late, so maybe he's developing, I think we probably have to take a risk with him, scares me after games like today, but I fear we could do worse.If Barkley had smashed home the pen and the West ham goalkeeper hadn't got lucky with his save from Lukaku, then a 4-0 win with 10 men would have looked a great result.

New Goalkeeper - Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen) 24 year old German International. Currently their number 2 behind Neuer. Available for around £15 million. Would be a great keeper for the next 10 years.

New Manager - Frank De Boer (Ajax) Getting good reviews as a manager in Ajax and relatively young at 45. Was a quality defender in his day so would sort our defensive frailties. Good knowledge of the game and the coaching at Ajax is always top notch. Would probably bring Jaap Stam and Bergkamp with him who are (no offence to both of them) huge upgrades on Dennis Lawrence and Dunc. Stam as a defensive coach and Bergkamp as an attacking coach. Imagine Bergkamp coaching Rom... Mouth watering prospect. Teaching him the art of movement and where to position himself when we attack. Just making him a more intelligent striker. Bergkamp (for me) is one of the best players we've seen in the prem. Attributes wise, he wasn't outstanding. Didn't have pace or brute strength, wasn't particularly good in the air either. But what he did have was a football brain. He was 2 seconds ahead of everyone else. The way youngsters are taught now, it's all about speed and strength and football intelligence is definitely something that's lacking. Ooh and Stam was a hard bastard and would actually criticise them if they're at fault instead of all this positivity nonsense we're seeing now. Jaap Stam would be what Shaun Edwards is to Wales (for you Rugby fans). Defensive mastermind who's philosophy is if you miss a tackle then I miss a tackle. There's a wall of shame at every Monday meeting in the Wales camp and anyone who missed a tackle or made a costly defensive error will be on the wall. They then have to explain their thinking in front of the rest of the players and coaching staff. It's a bit old school but it works and none of them want to be on that wall. There's nothing like that under Martinez and his staff. The players know if they make a mistake they'll still be called phenomenal in the post match interview. Imagine if we had a wall of shame this season? Thinking about it, we wouldn't have enough walls would we? The season we've had. Probably have to stick the team photo up there! Bloody hell Everton!

Edited by Geth

Pay off the debt first, then evolve trusting the manager (be it Bob or someone else) to buy the right players that our scouts, not the press, identify. Don't want to be City or Liverpool.

Totally agree. Sounds like we will finally be looking long term rather than season by season for a change.

1. Terminations payments for the old marketing team and orange Bob.

2. Deposit for a stadium.

3. Purchase the training academy.

4. Pressure Martinez

5. Fantasy signing a solid keeper, Xhaka, Navas, Isco, Ibra

it looks like we are all on the same page,

1. I would go for Leno over Heart, younger and I wouldn't say Heart would go to a none champ league team (not sure Leno would either).

2. De Boer is a great shout I would go for Lucien Favre over him done a great job who ever he has been out seems to be a hybrid between Moyes and Martinez.

3. Stadium long term plan

4. Buy back academy

5. Retain the squad

6. Centre mid (Carrick is out of contract in the summer worth a free transfer move?)

it looks like we are all on the same page,

1. I would go for Leno over Heart, younger and I wouldn't say Heart would go to a none champ league team (not sure Leno would either).

2. De Boer is a great shout I would go for Lucien Favre over him done a great job who ever he has been out seems to be a hybrid between Moyes and Martinez.

3. Stadium long term plan

4. Buy back academy

5. Retain the squad

6. Centre mid (Carrick is out of contract in the summer worth a free transfer move?)

Carrick is a good shout on a free, i can actually see that happening.

Certainly need a commanding CB too. Hopefully get Yarmolenko finally and id be happy with Begovic as our keeper.

Say we've now got 100 million pounds to spend, who would you target.

For me, Paul Pogba.

hmmm assuming that's purely xfer fees and doesn't include wages:

- Exchange Ross Bakley for Kevin De Bruyne at man city, probably throw 25 mill extra in there. KDB + Lukaku = perfect match. I'd keep Lennon on the left.

- Exchange Deulofeu for Jesus Navas and cash in on 20 mil pounds. Deulofeu is a bit of an obsolete luxury in my system. Navas is more of a runner and a penetrator, which I'd need.

- Buy Pogba for 75 million. Excellent in midfield alongside Kevin De Bruyne and Besic.

- Spend the extra 20 million on more width in the team. Perhaps buy Tielemans from Anderlecht as a top notch midfield prospect.

hmmm assuming that's purely xfer fees and doesn't include wages:

- Exchange Ross Bakley for Kevin De Bruyne at man city, probably throw 25 mill extra in there. KDB + Lukaku = perfect match. I'd keep Lennon on the left.

- Exchange Deulofeu for Jesus Navas and cash in on 20 mil pounds. Deulofeu is a bit of an obsolete luxury in my system. Navas is more of a runner and a penetrator, which I'd need.

- Buy Pogba for 75 million. Excellent in midfield alongside Kevin De Bruyne and Besic.

- Spend the extra 20 million on more width in the team. Perhaps buy Tielemans from Anderlecht as a top notch midfield prospect.

I can't say I agree with all of the moves, and I think you might need to get checked out. But, I appreciate your wildly big dreams in the "Dream Big" thread!

I just think all that experience on a free is worth it.

If one of our defenders did what Carrick did for Liverpool's second goal tonight he'd be rightly slaughtered. Last player we need; Bobby Charlton's experienced but that's no basis for signing him.

I've always thought Carrick was a poor player anyway tbh. In his prime he wasn't worth signing and he certainly isn't now.

Massively overrated ala Henderson both hit a rocket once in a blue moon and pick the odd long pass out and do very little else not a player I'd ever want here

We need a Vidal type a talented player who can dictate a game and take the bull by the horns and dig a side out of the shit mentally