IGNORED

Manchester United (FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley) Sat April 23

markjazzbassist

Unfortunately, our 3 young potential stars have shown themselves, in the last 6-7 matches, to be just that -- potential. Lukaku had 4-5 good chances. Barkley is in love with dribbling. Yes, occasionally it leads to something, but only occasionally. Stones is an elegant-looking player, but so fundamentally flawed, especially in losing concentration, regularly.

Other players have flaws, too. I assume Martinez will be gone soon. No idea which of our stars, plus Mirallas, maybe others, will be sold in summer. But I expect a major, major overhaul, and welcome it.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Unfortunately, our 3 young potential stars have shown themselves, in the last 6-7 matches, to be just that -- potential. Lukaku had 4-5 good chances. Barkley is in love with dribbling. Yes, occasionally it leads to something, but only occasionally. Stones is an elegant-looking player, but so fundamentally flawed, especially in losing concentration, regularly.

Other players have flaws, too. I assume Martinez will be gone soon. No idea which of our stars, plus Mirallas, maybe others, will be sold in summer. But expect a major, major overhaul, and welcome it.

Agree with this completely.

At least we showed some fight that half. I thought Stones and Jags were good to be honest.

Gibson- fucked 2nd half and not in the game yet still on the pitch.

Cleverley- never rated him and again should have gone off instead of Lennon.

Although we made a second half of it our fuck wit of a manager still can't make the right calls.

oh Lukaku- worst game I've seen in front of goal.

lots of dead wood to be cleared hopefully starting with Roberto tonight,

For the last half hour of that game...we gave it everything. Stones played more advanced, everyone suddenly got up for it.

But where has that desire, passion, effort been for the first hour and previous games?

We have it in us. We can play the game.

We gave it a lot in the end, but too late.

Gutted.

This.

I have this sickening feeling our 'spirited display' will give the board the excuse to back Martinez.

The refusal to bring on Mirallas when we had them by the throat does it for me. If we went for the kill then, had him and Geri tearing at them from each flank, we win.

Instead, he brings him on in the 93rd minute AFTER they score. What the actual fuck??

I have this sickening feeling our 'spirited display' will give the board the excuse to back Martinez.

The refusal to bring on Mirallas when we had them by the throat does it for me. If we went for the kill then, had him and Geri tearing at them from each flank, we win.

Instead, he brings him on in the 93rd minute AFTER they score. What the actual fuck??

Yes, I would love to know what his thought processes were when he made that decision with only 30 seconds left.

Everybody is missing the point that he was never planning to bring Mirallas on at all; Gibson picked up the knock on the tackle on Rashford and that's what prompted the change. Makes it even worse.

Everybody is missing the point that he was never planning to bring Mirallas on at all; Gibson picked up the knock on the tackle on Rashford and that's what prompted the change. Makes it even worse.

Not everyone, but the fact remains that he shouldve come on once we were 1-1 up and pressed on from the momentum we'd built

but hey! that would require some kind of understanding and interpretation of game development.....

agree, the one thing we count on him for and he let us all down.

Still... Not recognising he worked harder than he has been, held the ball up and laid it off for the equaliser? Mind you, if Smalling hadn't put it in he would've missed :rofl:

Hold up play??? Are you fucking serious??? He was absolutely fucking shocking. Shocking.

Not everyone, but the fact remains that he shouldve come on once we were 1-1 up and pressed on from the momentum we'd built

but hey! that would require some kind of understanding and interpretation of game development.....

Don't know where the disagreement is. He should've been on at 70 minutes along with Geri in my mind. The fact that Martinez only brought him on to replace Gibbo for the last minute because Gibbo was injured and not because he's clearly not fit enough to play a full 90 minutes is baffling.

Well, that was hard to take. My 6-year-old, a big United fan, stopped dancing round the room when Martial scored, to tell me my team had tried hard. And they did. But ever the bridesmaid, eh. There was a big, big chance to win something this year and now it's gone. It feels very much like the end of an era, and I'm not even sure what kind of era it was. Sort of post-Moyes something or other. Team needs rebuilding, for sure. So much dead wood. Sad all round, really. Think I'll go on a long cycle ride.

Hold up play??? Are you fucking serious??? He was absolutely fucking shocking. Shocking.

I'm not talking about the whole game :lol: But you completely ignored his contribution to the goal. Because, yeah, youre balanced...

:rofl:

And even if you were, you wouldn't be wrong. His hold-up play was fine - it was everything else that was shocking.

I'm not. De Gea is the best keeper in the world, said it from his first season in the Prem.

It doesn't take the best keeper in the world to save a penalty 6ft from his standing foot. It's called standard. He's a left footed player, who opened his body that much on the fast run up that he telegraphed it.... fucking unbelievable. Please be quiet.