Kone

Barry

Youngsters

Browning

Connolly

McAleny

Davies

Jones

Not a big deal, but half the first team (literally) has contracts up in 2018 so some long term deals should be in the works now or transfers in the next couple of windows to replace those players.

Kone, Mcgeady, Niasse out the first team.

Leandro and Hennen wont ever make our first team either. Leandro was as bad a signing as I've seen, he's nowhere near remotely good enough to play in the championship let alone the prem. Fucking ridiculous waste of money again by Martinez.

Just had a look at our squad on the official site... We need a huge clear out. We have got way too much dead wood here.

Goalkeepers

Joel Robles

Martin Stekelenburg

Right Backs

Seamus Coleman

Tyias Browning

Jonjoe Kenny

Gethin Jones

Centre Backs

John Stones

Phil Jagielka

Ramiro Funes Mori

Matthew Pennington

Mason Holgate

Brendan Galloway

Left Backs

Leighton Baines

Bryan Oviedo

Luke Garbutt

Callum Connolly

Centre Midfielders

Gareth Barry

Muhamed Besic

James McCarthy

Darron Gibson

Tom Cleverley

Connor Grant

Tom Davies

Ryan Ledson

Right Wingers

Gerard Deulofeu

Aaron Lennon

Left Wingers

Kevin Mirallas

Aiden McGeady

Attacking Midfielders

Ross Barkley

Kieran Dowell

Strikers

Romelu Lukaku

Arouna Kone

Oumar Niasse

Leandro Rodriguez

David Henen

Shani Tarashaj

Connor McAleny

A squad of 37 players there.... The ones in bold I think should leave as they're not good enough so at least 13 of them!

Why would you want to get rid of Pennington? Looked decent the brief look we got of him at the end of the season. And Stones is as good as gone, after the transfer request last summer he did nothing to show he genuinely wanted to be at this club. For that alone I'd have him first on my out list. No point carrying players who don't want to be here.

Just had a look at our squad on the official site... We need a huge clear out. We have got way too much dead wood here.

Goalkeepers

Joel Robles

Martin Stekelenburg

Right Backs

Seamus Coleman

Tyias Browning

Jonjoe Kenny

Gethin Jones

Centre Backs

John Stones

Phil Jagielka

Ramiro Funes Mori

Matthew Pennington

Mason Holgate

Brendan Galloway

Left Backs

Leighton Baines

Bryan Oviedo

Luke Garbutt

Callum Connolly

Centre Midfielders

Gareth Barry

Muhamed Besic

James McCarthy

Darron Gibson

Tom Cleverley

Connor Grant

Tom Davies

Ryan Ledson

Right Wingers

Gerard Deulofeu

Aaron Lennon

Left Wingers

Kevin Mirallas

Aiden McGeady

Attacking Midfielders

Ross Barkley

Kieran Dowell

Strikers

Romelu Lukaku

Arouna Kone

Oumar Niasse

Leandro Rodriguez

David Henen

Shani Tarashaj

Connor McAleny

A squad of 37 players there.... The ones in bold I think should leave as they're not good enough so at least 13 of them!

That squad is very very poor.

Why would you want to get rid of Pennington? Looked decent the brief look we got of him at the end of the season. And Stones is as good as gone, after the transfer request last summer he did nothing to show he genuinely wanted to be at this club. For that alone I'd have him first on my out list. No point carrying players who don't want to be here.

Don't think he's done too bad either but realistically he's behind Jags, Stones, Mori, Galloway and Holgate in the pecking order.

Don't think he's done too bad either but realistically he's behind Jags, Stones, Mori, Galloway and Holgate in the pecking order.

Stones and Jags potentially won't be here much longer. He might get his chance next 17/18 season if Jags is moved on.

@Nogs as Smeghead says.

Edited by pete0

I'm not having a go at Pennington, he did quite well last year but with talks of another CB coming in I just can't see where he features. If he's happy to be 4th/5th choice then great but I doubt it he will. Holgate looks a class act as does Galloway and I think they're both streets ahead of him.

I'm not having a go at Pennington, he did quite well last year but with talks of another CB coming in I just can't see where he features. If he's happy to be 4th/5th choice then great but I doubt it he will. Holgate looks a class act as does Galloway and I think they're both streets ahead of him.

Pennington looks a good player but time will tell, he needs playing time, and that will either come with the U21's especially now they can play in the cup. Or he will be loaned out to get experience.

Either way to get rid of him now, before we can make an informed decision is foolish imho.

To leave the club ......

Gibson, McGeady, Niasse, McCarthy and those who don't want to be here namely Lukaku and Stones. With over a hundred million in transfer takings we could buy several top class players.

Edited by Bill

To leave the club ......

Gibson, McGeady, Niasse, McCarthy and those who don't want to be here namely Lukaku and Stones. With over a hundred million in transfer takings we could buy several top class players.

Not at todays prices Bill, 100 mil will get you 3 tops.

And that's only if you can convince them that joining a very average bottom half premiership side is a good career move

We needed this money before Martinez destroyed the club

Absolutely spot on, he's ripped us apart. Anyone thinking we'll get top 4 this season is going to be disappointed. We're a mid to top 6 side at best and even if their is 100 mil (which I doubt) it wont get us far we need too many key positions filling.

I'd say that both are correct. Two is definitely a couple, three definitely a few - but also possibly several, as would more than three likewise be.

Can we set up a three way poll to decide it; eg. Bill is right, Newty is right, both are right?