IGNORED

Which players should leave the club.

Howard - already gone

Ossie Hibbert Gibson mcgeady - contracts end and don't re sign

Kone McCarthy - sell

I don't get why McCarthy gets so much stick. One of the few players who gives his heart and soul to the cause. Not a ball player, but we are noticeably more exposed defensively when he doesn't play. Funny how dips in form the last two seasons have coincided with him being injured...

Stones and Lukaku will go, might as well accept it. Oviedo, Mirallas, Pienaar should be sold.

For me the players below could potentially be gone.

Howard

Hibbert

Oviedo

Stones

Pienaar

Osman

Mcgeady

Gibson

Lukaku

Mirallas

Barkley (I think may go if he sneaks into the Euro squad)

Most of those are out of contract I believe but others need to go, either for their own careers or because we don't want them.

Hell of a number of players that could lose, albeit a number haven't exactly contributed this season.

Howard

Hibbert

Oviedo

Stones

Pienaar

Osman

Mcgeady

Gibson

Lukaku

Mirallas

Most of those are out of contract I believe but others need to go, either for their own careers or because we don't want them.

Hell of a number of players that could lose, albeit a number haven't exactly contributed this season.

Crikey, I think a period of calm reflection is needed first.

Howard

Hibbert

Oviedo

Stones

Pienaar

Osman

Mcgeady

Gibson

Lukaku

Mirallas

New manager is gonna be busy!

Thought our squad was the best since the 80s youve just halved it! I know you said potentially by the way.

Edited by smeghead1

4 out contract (Howard, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert)

2 definitely had their heads turned (Stones, Lukaku)

1 has no future at the club ( Mcgeady)

2 bit part players (Oviedo, Gibson)

Mirallas will go if a decent offer comes in and Martinez stays

Barkley like I said depends on if he goes Euros and has his head turned like the other 2.

Full 11 players there although I imagine Oviedo and Gibson will remain.

Barkley will be going the Euro's. That's guaranteed. But his head wasn't turned when he went to the World Cup and hasn't had his head turned when he's been picked for numerous England squads. So I don't even see why you think that's an issue.

Barkley is the least likely of the three youngsters to leave this summer.

Barkley will be going the Euro's. That's guaranteed. But his head wasn't turned when he went to the World Cup and hasn't had his head turned when he's been picked for numerous England squads. So I don't even see why you think that's an issue.

Barkley is the least likely of the three youngsters to leave this summer.

Spot on. Plus he's an actual evertonian.

Squad needs a real overhaul.

Who I'd get rid of:

McCarthy

Barry

Gibson

Jagielka

Pienaar

Kone

Pretty much this.

O like McCarthy and think he is a good player, but we need something else there.

MC never shuts up about us not needing two Dcms.....he is right.

We need someone there who can drive the team forward.

Pretty much this.

O like McCarthy and think he is a good player, but we need something else there.

MC never shuts up about us not needing two Dcms.....he is right.

We need someone there who can drive the team forward.

So you would keep a 35-year-old Barry over a 25-year-old McCarthy? We need McCarthy's engine in there, he covers for Barry's lack of pace.

So you would keep a 35-year-old Barry over a 25-year-old McCarthy? We need McCarthy's engine in there, he covers for Barry's lack of pace.

The engines not worth having if it's been downgraded from a Ferrari to a Fiat.

The lad was forever 2 yards away from Rooney during the whole game. If he was Peter Pans shadow, he'd have fucked him off by now, let alone tie him back to his feet.

Barry (as much as I'd like to not think) has been one of our best players this season...at 35.

A lot of people calling for Mirallas to go. I'm surprised, given a real chance with a new manager he could be rejuvenate his career at Everton. He's a top player and although his attitude is questionable Martinez hasn't given him the respect he deserves.

Even if he's sat on the bench and coming on against tired legs or used as a rotation player, I still think he can benefit the club. He is, after all, one of the most technically gifted players in the squad and only Rom can be regarded as a better finisher than him.

Hibbert, Oviedo, Osman, Gibson, McGeady, Pienaar, Kone and Niasse. Obviously Howard has already gone.

The rest need a new manager to get them fired up and wanting to play for the team. As well as a new manager I also would like to see a new chairman, no offence Bill but change is coming, a fresh start in an exciting new era. If we are clearing out the deadwood from the playing staff I think we need to do the same with the execs. Make Bill life president of some title like that where he just looks like he's part of what's going on but isn't involved in the running anymore.

Let's move forward.

The engines not worth having if it's been downgraded from a Ferrari to a Fiat.

The lad was forever 2 yards away from Rooney during the whole game. If he was Peter Pans shadow, he'd have fucked him off by now, let alone tie him back to his feet.

Barry (as much as I'd like to not think) has been one of our best players this season...at 35.

Spot on. Plus we can get some money for McCarthy to buy a better DCM. Barry has one year left just let him play it out, he's been solid.

4 out contract (Howard, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert)

2 likely to leave (Stones, Lukaku)

3 has no future at the club ( Mcgeady, Kone, Mattioni)

2 bit part players (Oviedo, Gibson)

Mirallas will go if a decent offer comes in and Martinez stays

Barkley like I said depends on if he goes Euros and has his head turned like the other 2.

Full 11 players there although I imagine Oviedo and Gibson will remain.

I'd add Kone and Mattioni to that, otherwise thats the closest summary to my thoughts though I've change "heads turned" to "likely to leave"

I'd only add, that I hope Ossie and Hibbert are given a coaching position or remain at the club in some capacity and replace some of the bodies that will follow Martinez out the door. Maybe even offer Gibson that kind of role too, his ability would be important to pass on.

Edited by Matt

Get Rid: Howard, Kone, McGeady, Pienaar

As for the rest, some players could be back to their best under a decent manager.

I don't know why people keep putting Howard on their list; he's going, we already know that.

(Not picking on you personally Dean, lots have done it)