• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I take a day out to travel from Cornwall to Heathrow to Miami, and look what happens: Everyone's in agreement. Preposterous.

Well, since the discussion about Koeman's ability to motivate the team against top clubs has fizzled, what about his playing favorites? Can anyone justify why an aging backup keeper from the Championship should have been brought in and given the #1 spot?

He doesn't play favourites though does he. He has players he prefers but he has no qualms dropping them. Steks, Jags, Mori, Barkley have all been dropped this season because of poir form.

Martinez was 100 times worse for that playing Howard and Jagielka when they were dreadful.

Well, since the discussion about Koeman's ability to motivate the team against top clubs has fizzled, what about his playing favorites? Can anyone justify why an aging backup keeper from the Championship should have been brought in and given the #1 spot?

He wanted a cheap keeper he knew. Low risk.

How's he been doing in Torino?

going by reports (which given, isn't a lot) they want to keep him. Every paper seems to be linking him to United as De Gea's replacement recently too. that stats are as follows for this season so far:

Apps: 32

Clean Sheets: 5

Avg. goals conceded: 1.59

Avg. Saves per game: 2.50

Avg claim success: 94%

Avg punches: 38%

distribution success :72%

going by reports (which given, isn't a lot) they want to keep him. Every paper seems to be linking him to United as De Gea's replacement recently too. that stats are as follows for this season so far:

Apps: 32

Clean Sheets: 5

Avg. goals conceded: 1.59

Avg. Saves per game: 2.50

Avg claim success: 94%

Avg punches: 38%

distribution success :72%

Compare Joel's to those, there won't be much in it, Joel's might even be better.

Compare Joel's to those, there won't be much in it, Joel's might even be better.

There you go:

Joe / Joel

Apps: 32 / 18

Clean Sheets: 5 / 9

Avg. goals conceded: 1.59 / 0.94

Avg. Saves per game: 2.50 / 2.00

Avg claim success: 94% / 99%

Avg punches: 38% / 39%

distribution success : 72% / 55%

Those stats by the way, put Joel in 3rd (highest rank GK's)

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#performance-score#goalkeeper-stats#english-premier-league|season-2016/2017#all-teams#goalkeeper#17#42#0#0#90#13/08/2016#30/04/2017#season#4#all-matches#total

Edited by Lowensda

After those stats, it shows that Joel is not appreciated because of the odd mistake, he makes less saves because the defence play a lot better when he's there.

50% of his games are clean sheets, don't think any other goalie can compare with that.

Unless we can get a top, top keeper I'm happier with Joel rather than Stekkers.

Don't think the first one is that bad, the defender should have been there, 2 men unmarked that close to goal? Nah.

Second is pants though.

Happens to the best of them...

Lloris - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/467886/Monaco-Tottenham-Late-Hugo-Lloris-blunder-proves-costly-Spurs

Lloris this year -

From last week, Buffon(!) - http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/04/29/last-gasp-defensive-error-costs-juventus-atalanta

Edited by Lowensda

what about the 3rd and 4th ones? 2 in the same game.

Mate you hate him. I get it.

Just implying that YouTube clips of 1 or 2 errors, doesn't make for a shite player. It can work in the opposite notion, in that crap players can look like world beaters because they once scored a worldie.

De Gea's first season in England, he was rediculously bad. Would you take him now? (Similar situation to Hart having a season in a new league and taking time to adjust).

Mate you hate him. I get it.

Just implying that YouTube clips of 1 or 2 errors, doesn't make for a shite player. It can work in the opposite notion, in that crap players can look like world beaters because they once scored a worldie.

De Gea's first season in England, he was rediculously bad. Would you take him now? (Similar situation to Hart having a season in a new league and taking time to adjust).

it's not joe's first season, it's his 11th. terrible comparison. i don't hate him, just think he's massively overrated. some keepers make mistakes, joe makes bloopers.

I've not been his biggest fan, but I've got to admit that he's impressed me. His tactics and communications at times have made me feel, on several occasions, feel that my first impressions have been justified. But, slowly and surely, he's winning me over.

His demeanour hasn't helped the transition, but then again, my fear of being burned has also contributed to my uncertainty. The "no nonsense" approach was harsh to take, but I'm learning that he really does want to succeed here, especially since I'm (usually) so easy-going and optimistic. But following his interviews, usually pre-match, I've got to hand it to him.

This year was a transition, and I've always maintained (despite doubts) that he deserves a chance until January next year. But I had that scepticism about Morishi, Walsh et al. too. Now I believe this summer will be the statement of intent. Regardless of what happens, I've no question Koeman is invested in the project. I just hope the others behind the scenes are too

cue the benny hill music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag0W_MaMJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfZ-CNNlx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOTC2bDlS_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7WBBxQDkQ

just read yesterday he wants out but he wants 100k a week. no thanks on that. would rather someone else for a little cheaper.

Real leader, and IMO the best keeper outside the top 7. Id say pay him 100k and have him as our number 1 for the next 3 or 4 years.