• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I just had two bowls of Scouse. Made a big pan of it last night, still got loads left. It'll be amazing tomorrow after festering for a second night.

I went crazy when I was making it though, had some spouts in the house so I threw them in.

Brown sauce and a few slices of tiger bread to top it off.

Might go for another bowl now.

I just had two bowls of Scouse. Made a big pan of it last night, still got loads left. It'll be amazing tomorrow after festering for a second night.

I went crazy when I was making it though, had some spouts in the house so I threw them in.

Brown sauce and a few slices of tiger bread to top it off.

Might go for another bowl now.

Spouts?

MC, never had it with mince. And always been beef in our family, never had it with pork. With you on beetroot though, not having any of that!

Mike, I only started liking sprouts two years ago and now I seem to love them! But I hate veg. Can't work it out

Have you tried them raw? Superb! Put them within three feet of a boiling kettle they disintegrate and are inedible to any right minded person, makes me gag to think about it.

Mother nature provides manna from heaven and the human race boils them to death, insanity. Inventing fire was a backward step.

Have you tried them raw? Superb! Put them within three feet of a boiling kettle they disintegrate and are inedible to any right minded person, makes me gag to think about it.

Mother nature provides manna from heaven and the human race boils them to death, insanity. Inventing fire was a backward step.

best sprouts are halfed and flash fried in butter and bacon.

Edit: now I'm hungry dammit!

Edited by Matt

Good article MC

Mike, a few christmas's back I found a sprout recipe. Throw them in a baking tray, chop up some bacon into small pieces, drizzle plenty of maple syrup and salt and pepper on them and a few chilli flakes. Put them in the oven, when cooked pour on some vinegar. They were unreal with a bit of gravy from the turkey on them.

So hungry now

Good article MC

Mike, a few christmas's back I found a sprout recipe. Throw them in a baking tray, chop up some bacon into small pieces, drizzle plenty of maple syrup and salt and pepper on them and a few chilli flakes. Put them in the oven, when cooked pour on some vinegar. They were unreal with a bit of gravy from the turkey on them.

So hungry now

Not having it Ste mate.

Heat/boiling/steaming applied to any veg kills them (potatoes aside), the moment they start being cooked they lose all their taste and all their health benefits.

Soggy sprouts? Vomit on a fork.

Scouse with mince isn't scouse.

Scouse should be made with lamb neck ends and beef. You should slowly simmer the beef n a beef stock with carrots and onions first for 3 hours so the beef melts then add the neck ends 2 hours in, finally king edward potatos let it all go musht so it's thick like porridge, add a bay leaf and leave it overnight and eat it 24-48 hours after it's coked with crusty tiger bread lashings of lurpak and a, bit of brown sauce. There is no other way.

MC yours is what I would make a shepherds pie with.

Steve, try chopping the sprouts up, in a frying pan with pancetta, chestnuts and nutmeg, fry it until the sprouts have wilted and gone a bit golden att the edges and put it on the table in a seperate dish. Quality.

Mike, you should be teaching all the bumpkins scouse recipies and corned beef hash is a thing of beauty if it's made right. As is corned beef, red onion cucumber tomato and salad cream butties made with seeded brown bread.

Edited by Paddock

Scouse with mince isn't scouse.

Scouse should be made with lamb neck ends and beef. You should slowly simmer the beef n a beef stock with carrots and onions first for 3 hours so the beef melts then add the neck ends 2 hours in, finally king edward potatos let it all go musht so it's thick like porridge, add a bay leaf and leave it overnight and eat it 24-48 hours after it's coked with crusty tiger bread lashings of lurpak and a, bit of brown sauce. There is no other way.

MC yours is what I would make a shepherds pie with.

Steve, try chopping the sprouts up, in a frying pan with pancetta, chestnuts and nutmeg, fry it until the sprouts have wilted and gone a bit golden att the edges and put it on the table in a seperate dish. Quality.

Mike, you should be teaching all the bumpkins scouse recipies and corned beef hash is a thing of beauty if it's made right. As is corned beef, red onion cucumber tomato and salad cream butties made with seeded brown bread.

Get a scouse pie from the match - it has mince in it! Fact!

Brown sauce with Scouse? Behave soft lad

Edited by MC11

Scouse is not made with mince u fruit, brown sauce is perfect with it. You clearly have no pallet

Have a read of the article I posted on here. Clearly mince is used. It's also in the "scouse" pies at the match! Get one! There is however and never has been the hint of brown sauce anywhere near scouse you lettuce!

Have a read of the article I posted on here. Clearly mince is used. It's also in the "scouse" pies at the match! Get one! There is however and never has been the hint of brown sauce anywhere near scouse you lettuce!

As I said you have no pallet and are the only person I have ever met in 43 years who makes scouse with mince.

It's in the pies at Goodison because it's cheaper, you're getting bumped and enjoying it.

As I said you have no pallet and are the only person I have ever met in 43 years who makes scouse with mince.

It's in the pies at Goodison because it's cheaper, you're getting bumped and enjoying it.

I use my great-grandmothers recipe from back in the late 1920s, Knotty Ash based, which has mince and rice.

The truth about Scouse is that there is no 1 recipe - the whole point of it was to make something out of whatever was around!

I do agree with HP sauce though, it certainly a nice addition. Oh, and beetroot is disgusting.

I use my great-grandmothers recipe from back in the late 1920s, Knotty Ash based, which has mince and rice.

The truth about Scouse is that there is no 1 recipe - the whole point of it was to make something out of whatever was around!

I do agree with HP sauce though, it certainly a nice addition. Oh, and beetroot is disgusting.

Rice, in scouse??

You're right though it was a poor persons food so originally people put in it what they had.