• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Here's my point, Pad. To create sustainable fire, you need three things: oxygen, combustible material, and a spark. You can have the most combustible material under the sun but it's of no use without that spark - and the fire won't continue without the oxygen. We have many talented players, but they achieved little in the first half of the season. Despite their abilities, they could barely string together two passes and their motivation seemed in question. On the sidelines were young players just waiting for the opportunity to prove themselves and replace established players. Sitting on the bench, they must have been hyperactive and on tenterhooks waiting for their names to be called - but little happened. What's happened this year? They've been given that chance! The field now has its sparks, and we have a fire! Even ice-cool Koeman is now on fire.

I'm not suggesting our young players are all MoTMs. I'm not suggesting they are the most talented or even making the most difference technically on the pitch. But, crucially, they've brought the spark to light the fire. Success is the oxygen that will keep it burning, so let's see some consistent strategy and tactics from the manager to turn that fire into an inferno.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Steve, they played well as did all the team. Against Leicester they were poor as was all the team. We're up and down because we are in a transitional stage, new manager, new backroom staff, new DoF, new majority shareholder. New tactics, new style of play, new mentality. It all takes time.

There has been no dramatic improvement and I never expected for one minute there would be. Forget how we got to where we were, forget personel or who was responsible just forget all that for a minute, regardless of where the blame lies we were an absolute shambles, an aging squad, poor standard of players on massive contracts, devoid of any direction, desire or even belief. It takes time to fux things like that when it's ingrained in the fabric of the place. People need shippiing out, mentalities need changing, people need to believe again. Change is never instant from situations like that.

That's a nice explanation Steve.

But the point still is, respectfully, that you are talking as if half the team have been changed to bring in pure youth. Where as the reality is that Davies has started a couple of games. And Holgate has started a couple of games. The rest are the same players.

So, while not wanting to dismiss how well these lads have done, the real scenario is that Koeman is working to get these guys to play how he wants them to play. Bit by bit it is coming. There will be more hiccups and frustrations this season, but with each game you see what he wants to do.

I couldn't agree more Marco, but when people point blank refuse to accept Martinez destroyed us and say they've seen no improvement since Koeman took over then there is going to be debate back and forth mate.

Pad you need to accept that sometimes others have different views than you. Nothing wrong with it.

Up until City, I hadn't seen much change. Didn't expect to beat anyone and spent most of the year feeling disappointed. But you seem to think that people are trying to talk others into thinking that Martinez was better than you say........I don't really care! He had his chance and failed!

Do I think koeman is the messiah? No not yet. We have been poor this season, really poor.

Does that mean I don't think he can turn us around given time? No it doesn't. But when people make out that Koeman has came in and we're suddenly looking a better team.... then I don't agree.

I'm not gonna try and change your, or anyone else's mind. It's my opinion, that's all.

But I do think we should all be allowed to talk freely about our thoughts on a forum of all places.

You know what, I'm getting pulled in again. Just when I think I'm free, you go and drag me back again.

Pad you need to accept that sometimes others have different views than you. Nothing wrong with it.

Up until City, I hadn't seen much change. Didn't expect to beat anyone and spent most of the year feeling disappointed. But you seem to think that people are trying to talk others into thinking that Martinez was better than you say........I don't really care! He had his chance and failed!

Do I think koeman is the messiah? No not yet. We have been poor this season, really poor.

Does that mean I don't think he can turn us around given time? No it doesn't. But when people make out that Koeman has came in and we're suddenly looking a better team.... then I don't agree.

I'm not gonna try and change your, or anyone else's mind. It's my opinion, that's all.

But I do think we should all be allowed to talk freely about our thoughts on a forum of all places.

You know what, I'm getting pulled in again. Just when I think I'm free, you go and drag me back again.

Of course people have different views and I have no trouble accepting them buut that doesn't mean I can't disagree with them and defend them if I don't.

I can accept people may not fancy Koeman but anyone who thinks Martinez didn't leave us in an absolute state is wrong. That's not a personal point of view it's a fact.

Nobody is saying we look better or are suddenly better what I'm saying is it's unrealistic to think it will be much better after half a season..

Edited by Paddock

But people were saying we look better mate. That was the response when a few pointed out that nothing much had changed. And it is all opinion.

I mean Martinez left us with our biggest asset didn't he?

Ok results were dire, but wasn't the argument for us being poor under Koeman due to the squad he was left from Martinez? Yet somehow he managed to get a result against city with that same team.

It is all just opinion mate, and I hope that slowly everyone's changes to Koeman is the messiah! That will only happen if we start challenging and can only be a good thing.

But people were saying we look better mate. That was the response when a few pointed out that nothing much had changed. And it is all opinion.

I mean Martinez left us with our biggest asset didn't he?

Ok results were dire, but wasn't the argument for us being poor under Koeman due to the squad he was left from Martinez? Yet somehow he managed to get a result against city with that same team.

It is all just opinion mate, and I hope that slowly everyone's changes to Koeman is the messiah! That will only happen if we start challenging and can only be a good thing.

We do look better defensively Shukes, we look more solid and compact, well that's my opinion anyway.

I've said all along, he may turn out to be shite but half a season and one transfer window to fix that mess is not enough. If he was languishing with Moyes side I'd be much more critical but not with that shambles of a squad he walked into.

That's a nice explanation Steve.

But the point still is, respectfully, that you are talking as if half the team have been changed to bring in pure youth. Where as the reality is that Davies has started a couple of games. And Holgate has started a couple of games. The rest are the same players.

So, while not wanting to dismiss how well these lads have done, the real scenario is that Koeman is working to get these guys to play how he wants them to play. Bit by bit it is coming. There will be more hiccups and frustrations this season, but with each game you see what he wants to do.

Why can't I be screamed at and insulted? Why must I be given respect? Why can't everyone call me a right tosser? I feel so unfulfilled...

Ye we do look better defensively I'll admit that.

And I agree, it's not long enough for him to make his stamp on us.

I hope that bringing the likes of Gana and Morgan in is a sign of things to come. I also like that he is looking at options to support Rom.

Exactly and it may all go tits up at any time but to start saying sack the manager after 15 games? I thought our fans were better than that .

Why can't I be screamed at and insulted? Why must I be given respect? Why can't everyone call me a right tosser? I feel so unfulfilled...

Fucking Tosser!

(No, its because you're a good decent bloke who never hurls insults as anyone else, so it feels wrong to do so to you!)

I think we've looked better since Koemans first league game. The fact the players started to defend as a team was a huge improvement for me. Maybe not as silky going forward, but even in year two and three we were just boring to me.

I see lots of improvement under Koeman, yesterday was just all of it coming together at once. Probably won't happen again for a while, but I think we saw a full working demo yesterday.

A beta version if you will.

I think we've looked better since Koemans first league game. The fact the players started to defend as a team was a huge improvement for me. Maybe not as silky going forward, but even in year two and three we were just boring to me.

I see lots of improvement under Koeman, yesterday was just all of it coming together at once. Probably won't happen again for a while, but I think we saw a full working demo yesterday.

That's my thoughts exactly but I also understand everyone sees it differently and accept that.

What I can't accept is people calling for his head given all of the factors that were in place, it's ludicrous.

That's my thoughts exactly but I also understand everyone sees it differently and accept that.

What I can't accept is people calling for his head given all of the factors that were in place, it's ludicrous.

not sure why you're surprised pad, you go to the matches and hear the knuckle draggers ripping on ross and booing at half and the like. fickle fans we've got. "I remember the 80's" and other such tag lines to rationalize their pessimism.

not sure why you're surprised pad, you go to the matches and hear the knuckle draggers ripping on ross and booing at half and the like. fickle fans we've got. "I remember the 80's" and other such tag lines to rationalize their pessimism.

When I was younger Mark I was convinced our fan base was the best in the world and we were all honest and level headed about how good/bad we were and I never in a million years thought I would hear fellow blues booing or slagging players off at the match.

Boy was I wrong.

That was the best we looked as an organised side since the Spurs game. We played an almost identical way too, sit back, defend deeper and compact but still pressing the man with the ball. We counter attacked really well, albeit against an old and slow centre midfield pair and a nervous defence. I definitely think this will be the way we set up in the big games against possession based or aggressive teams. It will be interesting to see how we go against teams that park the bus in front of us, as we may see this weekend.

I still have no idea why Pep played Zabaleta and Toure as a holding midfield pair. One is a right back, the other only plays when he can be arsed.

A city fan in work today said that Zabaletta and Yaya were the only fit players they had for midfield. Very poor considering they've spent so much.

yep, Fernando is shit, fernandinho is injured, gundogen injured, no idea why he didn't play delph there but apparently he doesn't rate him. went with a RB over Delph. Toure is old and done. They need 3 new DCM's.