• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

If he wanted to he could have smashed it in. For me he made sure it wasn't going to spin wide and let it go in.

I wouldn't of been arsed if he had knocked it in. Everyones saying he needs to get meaner and harder, tougher. I want him to ot give a fuck as long as he scores, if that means stealing Davies goal them so be it.

Davies said he tried to claim it walking off the pitch. The fact that he never touched it but still tried to claim what was a remarkable solo senior goal for a kid is shit.

Yes - strikers instinctively should go for the ball.... they shouldn't after 10 minutes of clear thinking try and steal the goal.

Henry actually mentioned that he shouldn't try and claim it and that he didn't think he should have claimed bolassie's.

These things can cause shit. I was made up with how he responded to lookman - impressive that bit.

Edited by Hafnia

Honestly I loved the 352 I think it puts our best players and strengths on the pitch. Attacking wingbacks, a strong midfield now with rotation with schneiderlin, and someone to play off Lukaku (would have loved to see bolasie play there with rom, 2 beasts would be nightmares for a Backline).

I hope the 352 stays.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The youngsters have brought the spark. Now we need our manager to channel the resulting flame. Today was a good start, but it's only a start. Strategy, tactics, game plan - let's have a bit of consistency here.

The youngsters haven't brought anything Steve, arguably our best player was 36 year old Barry. Davies has been great but he's the only new addition, Lookman got 4 minutes and the game was already won.

Koeman is starting to stamp his authoity on the team and bit by bit get rid of Martinez shit players and train his shit tactics out of them. He's adding quality players in and shipping the shite out. It has nothing to do with youngsters adding the spark.

Honestly I loved the 352 I think it puts our best players and strengths on the pitch. Attacking wingbacks, a strong midfield now with rotation with schneiderlin, and someone to play off Lukaku (would have loved to see bolasie play there with rom, 2 beasts would be nightmares for a Backline).

I hope the 352 stays.

Both with criminal firsts touches

I think the point will be that there are 11 players on the pitch. Of which, at most, 2 are relatively new.

Steve champions youth.

It's good to see them get a chance, good to see them do well. But to put it all down to 2 younguns would be, I dunno, ignorant at best???

I just wanted to remind we had another youngster on the field apart from those two.

He's 20 and played 6 times for Everton so I consider him new. Davies has been at the club for much longer.

Holgate has been in and around the first team squad for 2 years, training with them also. Yes he's young but he's hardly just burst on the scene.

My point, as Newty says was yesterday had nothing to do with just Davies and Holgate if you like, it was 11 players playing excellently together.

Lookman, although he scored and I'm delighted played 4 minutes so never had any real bearing on the game.

The second half of Martinez second season and the all of his third season, i dont hink iv ever been so depressed as an Everton fan.

It was grim wasn't it. As I've stated previously, my 2 boys who eat , breath and sleep football didn't waant to go the game.

That speaks absolute volumes to me, you're that excited at that age nothing should dampen your spirits.

Martinez managed it, not just with mine but with a lot of people I know.

It was grim wasn't it. As I've stated previously, my 2 boys who eat , breath and sleep football didn't waant to go the game.

That speaks absolute volumes to me, you're that excited at that age nothing should dampen your spirits.

Martinez managed it, not just with mine but with a lot of people I know.

agreed, i think he would have taken us down this season if he was still here!

Thought we had moved on from the Martinez talk? :rolleyes:

Koeman got everything spot on yesterday, I fully expect when he has his team the way he wants it we will see a very good Everton team, yesterday was a glimpse into the bright future.

Ha i think he needs to be brought up every now and again just as a reminder ;-)

It also seems as though he is bringing out the best in Mirallas again, he really seems to be up for it lately.

Thought we had moved on from the Martinez talk? :rolleyes:

Koeman got everything spot on yesterday, I fully expect when he has his team the way he wants it we will see a very good Everton team, yesterday was a glimpse into the bright future.

It's relevant when people are slating Koeman for us being shite when he had to pick up Martinez mess. To suggest a couple of young lads being picked is what's turned it around? Not for me, the manager is slowly fixing the mess we were left in.

It's relevant when people are slating Koeman for us being shite when he had to pick up Martinez mess. To suggest a couple of young lads being picked is what's turned it around? Not for me, the manager is slowly fixing the mess we were left in.

As much as I agree with your point, how many times do we have to point out Martinez did a shit job and its on Koeman to change it? it seems we are going round in circles on here is all. I, with a lot of people, expected miracles when he arrived, which is naïve as the squad was poor, but now Koeman seems to be getting his way through its looking better and hopefully people can stop going on about Martinez.

As much as I agree with your point, how many times do we have to point out Martinez did a shit job and its on Koeman to change it? it seems we are going round in circles on here is all. I, with a lot of people, expected miracles when he arrived, which is naïve as the squad was poor, but now Koeman seems to be getting his way through its looking better and hopefully people can stop going on about Martinez.

I couldn't agree more Marco, but when people point blank refuse to accept Martinez destroyed us and say they've seen no improvement since Koeman took over then there is going to be debate back and forth mate.

If he wanted to he could have smashed it in. For me he made sure it wasn't going to spin wide and let it go in.

I wouldn't of been arsed if he had knocked it in. Everyones saying he needs to get meaner and harder, tougher. I want him to ot give a fuck as long as he scores, if that means stealing Davies goal them so be it.

This, plus what Paul said - if he'd left it and the spin had taken it wide, he'd have been slated for it.

Loved seeing Koeman celebrate our goals today, and his reaction to Otamendi being a bitch was funny.

Finally! The guy showed some actual emotion that felt genuine rather than half-hearted :)