• Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Exactly.

Let the contradictions flow.

Everyone knew it was a project, everyone could see we needed re-building fromtop to bottom. Everyone also knew that if Martinezstayed he would relegate us.

To expect instant transformation is unreasonable in my opinion, he has to be given time. I don't get this "he or his players don't know what they'redoing" shout. His players at Southampton clearly did and he had them playing very well.

Koeman taking us to 7th is like praising Moyes for doing it. It's where the money says we should be. And for the money Koeman's on he should be exceeding expectations.

Bit harsh, we've paid some saint £11.25million for the dogs dinner of a job he did to be discontinued, which puts Koeman's £6mill (a year) to leave his happy side (that had euro games to play) and undo aforementioned dogs dinner into context.

Everyone knew it was a project, everyone could see we needed re-building fromtop to bottom. Everyone also knew that if Martinezstayed he would relegate us.

To expect instant transformation is unreasonable in my opinion, he has to be given time. I don't get this "he or his players don't know what they'redoing" shout. His players at Southampton clearly did and he had them playing very well.

Problem is he doesn't manage Soton anymore he manages us!

On a serious note they don't look like they are on the same page. Plus given your logic from earlier Koeman inherited a very organised Soton side from Pochettino so maybe that is why ?

Problem is he doesn't manage Soton anymore he manages us!

On a serious note they don't look like they are on the same page. Plus given your logic from earlier Koeman inherited a very organised Soton side from Pochettino so maybe that is why

Credit for not doing a clown-shoes to what he inherited then.

Remember agent Johnson and his repeated attempts to tear the back out of us to turn as quick a profit as possible?

The slow trudge back from the brink of hell that we endured under Moyes seems to have brainwashed more of the support than I ever thought possible, to the extent that another snivelling fraud that did his worst to us still isn't called out for being the worm he has always been and for the clear harm he did that we are suffering from now.

Last day survivals, dodgy deals behind a managers back, record worst home form, shocking signings, massive payoffs, if we had some cash conveyor belt like chelsea or city where hundreds of millions can easily be written off and go out and blow the lot again without a second thought then maybe I could sit in the drunken haze of 'it'll be alright' with certqain others because the club will survive, but thats not the case for Everton, and the financial mismanagement that hasn't been condemned recently is exactly the same as the financial mismanagement that cut us adrift of the top tier that originally negotiated the sky deal at the start of the 90's.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Edited by Shy_Talk

Remember agent Johnson and his repeated attempts to tear the back out of us to turn as quick a profit as possible?

The slow trudge back from the brink of hell that we endured under Moyes seems to have brainwashed more of the support than I ever thought possible, to the extent that another snivelling fraud that did his worst to us still isn't called out for being the worm he has always been and for the clear harm he did that we are suffering from now.

Last day survivals, dodgy deals behind a managers back, record worst home form, shocking signings, massive payoffs, if we had some cash conveyor belt like chelsea or city where hundreds of millions can easily be written off and go out and blow the lot again without a second thought then maybe I could sit in the drunken haze of 'it'll be alright' with certqain others because the club will survive, but thats not the case for Everton, and the financial mismanagement that hasn't been condemned recently is exactly the same as the financial mismanagement that cut us adrift of the top tier that originally negotiated the sky deal at the start of the 90's.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

did Martinez shag your wife mate?

did Martinez shag your wife mate?

No, he buggered my club and got paid off for the crime of it. Besides the slow healing process it would help a lot if some of the support that backed him during his nefarious deed could hold their hands up, admit they got it very wrong and pledge never to let such a tenth rate conman diddle them again.

I highly doubt he intentionally went about trying to destroy this club. Yeah, he turned out not to be as great as initially thought, but to hold such a grudge against someone who accepted a pay-off (that the club agreed to) is just insane. He wasn't up for the job -- now he's gone.

You can learn from history, but you don't have to live in it.

I agree wholeheartedly with Shy over Martinez, he had our kecks down and treated us like some freakish Frankenstein experiment towards the end, it was shocking what he done to a top 6 team in just under 3 years, he dismantled us and was then paid £11 million for the privilege of doing so, although the knobhead who gave him the contract in the first place wants running out the club for doing so.

I'll never forgive him, he was a fraud and a conman who was way out of his depth.

As much as I dislike Martinez for the way he managed us in the end, the pay off is the club, the abuse he is receiving on here is over done, end of the day he wouldn't of purposely went out of his way to destroy us, that effects his future employment with someone else. He's the past,get over it, Koeman is the present and future. Focus on that and support the club.

No, he buggered my club and got paid off for the crime of it. Besides the slow healing process it would help a lot if some of the support that backed him during his nefarious deed could hold their hands up, admit they got it very wrong and pledge never to let such a tenth rate conman diddle them again.

I thought he would come good... I got it very wrong.

Payment was a contract negotiation by the club. Don't blame him for that, it is as his entitlement due to the contract.

Don't remember being in any survival scraps with him.

He made a few bad signings but also made a few good ones.

He had us playing entertaining football but was too stubborn to work on his defence.

His dancing was ... ok

His shoes were pretty smart to be fair.

But he had to go. That was the correct decision.

Martinez got it wrong. Simple. Did he do it deliberately? No. He's a professional. A proud man. Did he set out to 'defraud' our club? No. He had a contract, he got sacked. We had to pay that contract. It's like that in any walk of life. That's how contracts work. The fact we had to pay him so much to piss off is the fault of the, sometimes, amateurish people behind the scenes who got all excited, like we did, after his first season and have him a fancy new contract. Getting sacked is his fault. Fucking up is his fault. Getting paid a load of money is not his fault.

He's gone. Move on. We don't need to keep going back to him, or Moyes, or Smith, or who ever else can be used as an excuse/reason when it suits.

Peace.

Looks like history repeating itself at the moment.

I thought he would come good... I got it very wrong.

Payment was a contract negotiation by the club. Don't blame him for that, it is as his entitlement due to the contract.

Don't remember being in any survival scraps with him.

He made a few bad signings but also made a few good ones.

He had us playing entertaining football but was too stubborn to work on his defence.

His dancing was ... ok

His shoes were pretty smart to be fair.

But he had to go. That was the correct decision.

Yep, exactly these points.

Martinez got it wrong. Simple. Did he do it deliberately? No. He's a professional. A proud man. Did he set out to 'defraud' our club? No. He had a contract, he got sacked. We had to pay that contract. It's like that in any walk of life. That's how contracts work. The fact we had to pay him so much to piss off is the fault of the, sometimes, amateurish people behind the scenes who got all excited, like we did, after his first season and have him a fancy new contract. Getting sacked is his fault. Fucking up is his fault. Getting paid a load of money is not his fault.

He's gone. Move on. We don't need to keep going back to him, or Moyes, or Smith, or who ever else can be used as an excuse/reason when it suits.

Peace.

Good few on here got it wrong! Majorly wrong. Backed him like Kenwright 18 months too long. Ask Newty.

Peace.

bingo

So, moving forwards, as a support it would be really helpful to the new regime to give them all a bit of margin to work in, demanding/expecting signings is a little rich, we are going through a healing process and that process hurts and hurts for every minute of it, and its no overnight fix.

On one hand things could be a lot lot worse, some early season luck and a flash or two of form somehow have been topped up and we're somehow seventh though a distance from endangering the top 6. On the other hand things could be a lot better, we've been damned unlucky with injuries, and in Bolasie's case a very severe injury, the goalkeeper fix hasn't worked out but perhaps we might shuffle a few that never play out of the door to make room for some performers, regular performers, regular performers that can play a bit. Oh yes.

So far as the fraud goes, although he might have had good intentions his beligerent and stubborn sticking to a losing formula and calling it out as amazing is almost like some sitcom pisstake, but it actually was happening to us, in real life, as the seasons came and went, and things went bad to worse. An awful man, an awful liar, and the worst manager in the history of Everton fc.

Koeman has turned up to take on a big job, has coughed up some quite remarkably honest home truths, he's trying to get something out of a shell of a squad, but he's no miracle worker, we plod on for the remainder of the season and let him find his feet. He and the players we've supported previously deserve the chance to put right all the wrongs of the recent past, out of the ashes and into/onto something new. Theres reason off the pitch for some optimism, I strongly suspect we'll get a couple of Koeman/Walsh players in this January, so long as we get Gueye back safe and well as well as, then we consolidate this season and start to setup proper into the summer.

I hope the direction and style of play improve enough for Koeman to keep Lukaku on board, because as a really high quality finisher he could get 30 league goals a season for us. We'll struggle to improve if we lose/can't keep the better parts of the squad that we have, we have a core of fairly young players and with a bit of guile and character and no small extra skill we can be a side to be taken seriously again.