• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Has anyone seen the press conference comments from Koeman about players in the squad that don't have futures at the club?

I don't know if he meant all first teamers, and therefore aimed at those that aren't really playing or if he is including potentially players on the bench, like Cleverley maybe?

It would explain why some of them are playing like they don't give a shit!

Fraudo, El Fraud, Clown Shoes, Manure!

Shy Talk, I get your passion mate. Nothing wrong with that. We're not kids. The stupid names just make you look like a dick head.

One mans dick head is another mans dreamboat, I plused the post too. (and theres only one club disliked more than manure)

Koeman and the squad, Kone is a gonner in May (unless he's had yet another extension), can't see Valencia being kept on, toffeeweb shows Jagielka is out of contract (june 2017) same with Browning, and Barry, Davies and Dowell, I suspect that part of their website isn't accurate/up to date.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/squad.php

We couldn't make such wholesale changes over just 12 months could we.

One mans dick head is another mans dreamboat, I plused the post too. (and theres only one club disliked more than manure)

Koeman and the squad, Kone is a gonner in May (unless he's had yet another extension), can't see Valencia being kept on, toffeeweb shows Jagielka is out of contract (june 2017) same with Browning, and Barry, Davies and Dowell, I suspect that part of their website isn't accurate/up to date.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/squad.php

We couldn't make such wholesale changes over just 12 months could we.

not accurate. here's who's contracts up this summer

Kone

Valencia

Browning

McAleny

That's per the team website. Barry Jags Davies Dowell all signed extensions. Barry and Jags for 1 more year, Davies and Dowell for a couple more years.

I could also see these players leaving

Oviedo

Garbutt

Gibson

Lennon

Leandro Rodriguez

not accurate. here's who's contracts up this summer

Kone

Valencia

Browning

McAleny

That's per the team website. Barry Jags Davies Dowell all signed extensions. Barry and Jags for 1 more year, Davies and Dowell for a couple more years.

I could also see these players leaving

Oviedo

Garbutt

Gibson

Lennon

Leandro Rodriguez

I cant see any of those staying. I expect the lot to be cleared out by the end of the summer window. Koeman will not tolerate shit.

Fucking Leandro. Remember some where saying he could be good enough ??

Sorry, I'm not turning this into an anti Martinez shout but he absolutely bought wholesale shite didn't he. I forgot about Leandro and Hennen, that was another, Niasse, Kone, Alcaraz, Mcgeady, Cleverley...

I feel like screaming I really do.

Fucking Leandro. Remember some where saying he could be good enough

Sorry, I'm not turning this into an anti Martinez shout but he absolutely bought wholesale shite didn't he. I forgot about Leandro and Hennen, that was another, Niasse, Kone, Alcaraz, Mcgeady, Cleverley...

good call forgot about henen he doesn't even have a first team number, u-23s for him.

Garbutt is the most disappointing from those for me, he looked a real player when filling in for Baines when he got injured singed a new deal then the wheels fell off

Browning's always looked decent when he's had a chance imo

yeah I wonder what happened to him. Holgate the better prospect so he sees action, I wonder if browning will be let go this summer. probably go to league 1 to play.

Fucking Leandro. Remember some where saying he could be good enough

RM transfers brought to club:

Kone, Alcaraz, Robles, McCarthy, McGeady, Stanek, Deulofeu (L/B), Lukaku (L/B), Barry (L/B), Traore (L), Besic, Galloway, Eto'o, Atsu (L), Henen (L/B), Lennon (L/B), Clev, Holgate, Leandro, Mori, Foulds, Tarashaj, Niasse.

YIKES.

We never signed Browning or Garbut though did we. The others were brought in for money when they were no better thsn what we had.

Garbutt was signed from Leeds - Bates caused quite a fuss over the compensation package for a long time after. The high hopes I had for him are pretty much completely dwindled now... although he does have a good left foot!

Kone, Alcaraz, Robles, McCarthy, McGeady, Stanek, Deulofeu (L/B), Lukaku (L/B), Barry (L/B), Traore (L), Besic, Galloway, Eto'o, Atsu (L), Henen (L/B), Lennon (L/B), Clev, Holgate, Leandro, Mori, Foulds, Tarashaj, Niasse.

YIKES.

I'd completely forgotten about Tarashaj. I wonder how he is faring.

YIKES.

highlighted the good ones. 7 good ones, 2 maybes (tarashaj, foulds). 9 out of 23.

YIKES.

Lukaku, is the only gem. Barry was good tbf, Mccarthy is 50-50, Holgate Tarashaj and Galloway it would only be fair to hold judgement on those 3 see how they do. Mori, Lennon and Geri are ok signings. Besic is a croc and Robles will never be a top keeper.

11 are just utter shite

Edited by Paddock

YIKES.

Err, the prosecution rests your honour.

On a related note, how high can a gallows be built?

I'd argue that during season two and three of Martinez' reign we were not entertaining for the most part to be honest. First season, yes, entertaining in the extreme. I loved going to Goodison, even if we didn't win I'd know that most games we'd play open, expansive football and have a good crack at it. But after that? Goodison became a morgue, and not only because we weren't winning - the football was sterile, it was slow, pedestrian and mind-numbing to watch. I'd dread going to watch us, there was more talking amongst the fans than I've ever heard before because people were just not interested in watching the football in front of them.

this.

one dimensional, tiky-takka b.s. , boring, slow down at the penalty area like there was a magical force-field we couldn't penetrate with square passing, he was stubborn not having a plan b, just like a lesser talented Pep Guardiola.

I like that article.

There is definitely something about Koeman's bullishness that I really like for all that sometimes I don't think he has to go as far as he does. I actually think that if the reporter went through every player Koeman would probably tell them which ones he wants to keep and which ones he will let go of!

Signing wise RM did a decent job Niasse and McGeady being the Kruldrop and VDM.

Our last 2 mangers had more responsibility for the signings and had to think about money. RK doesn't have that problem we can afford the risk, so I'd expect quite a few more McGeadys whilst hoping to find a Mahrez.

I've said for a long time, possession based football leads to bad atmospheres. There's no highs and lows to get the crowd up, no aggression on the pitch to get it in the stands. It's just boring.

same for me, always hated possession football and always said it's easily countered.

Criticised him a fair amount before today but that organisation and commitment was as good as I have seen for a long time today. Rode our luck a couple of times first half but we killed them off second with a superb display of counter attacking football.

More than anything I could have ever asked for from an Everton team. Well done Ron!

#Progress.

Having been critical earlier in the season with stangant football and poor displays called out, I think today was the first time we have seen two halves joined up of quality stuff.

Loving the youth thrown in for a chance to impress, loving the sideline significance (the Otamendi incident), smart subs today, and the squad has taken a step forward towards being his. Probable player of the season at Afcon, star summer signing out long term, we're a great GK and a plan B forward/striker away from having options and backups allover.

A lot of the intermediate stuff in the squad has been addressed, more will be shifted on in June.

The side showed they cared today, that they weren't happy with losing to Leicester, we got a response and a side took a stuffing.

Now to see us turn up both halves against a bottom half side.