• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I've read so much, I'm not sure who is anti koeman or not!!! And I'm certainly not going after anyone personally...my days for that are gone. Just can't be arsed with that anymore.

I'm frustrated too. Was really frustrated a couple of month or so ago. But I knew this season would be frustrating, I didn't expect anything else. And from what I remember pre-koeman being appointed, hardly anyone on here expected a good season. Most had us 10th - 12th! I think I had 8th...with a push at 6th or 7th being a good season!

Anyway, I'll write my full view on it at some point. I've had a tough day of it and been banned off a certain FB 'banter' page. Haha!!!

Haha that's going some!

To be honest finishing position isn't that important to me, I just want to see this team develop, I want to see what Koeman wants us to be. I hope it was a bit like the Arsenal game but I honestly don't know yet.

If we finished 10th by playing every team off the park but finding the keeper having a worldy then I would take that moving onto next season.

Haha that's going some!

To be honest finishing position isn't that important to me, I just want to see this team develop, I want to see what Koeman wants us to be. I hope it was a bit like the Arsenal game but I honestly don't know yet.

If we finished 10th by playing every team off the park but finding the keeper having a worldy then I would take that moving onto next season.

I wouldn't mind if I was trying to get the boot! All came out of nothing. Slight misunderstanding!

Anyway, fuck it, life goes on.

Fixtures aren't relevant because for every team that underperformed, one will over perform. Rubbish, for instance playing Chelsea on their steam roller run this year vs not, or playing Leicester last year on their Vardy streak vs not. Theres no real science to it granted, but I'd rather play the champions in the second to last fixture of the season with them already being champions and getting ready for an FA cup final or Euro game.

Again so a couple of players, I do get the argument but it would normally indicate a slow start not a quick start before levelling off. Consider the true test of showing up for a manager (let along one in for 8 weeks) can only be done in actualgames that matter, messing around guessing for when the squad is back in its entirety could be a factor in either time to settle all players, settle a system, or prioritise the most urgent position for a new signing.

Yes they all played, I didn't say they didn't! But they were not a meaningful part of the squad as they were either injured or not good enough. You arent seriously trying to tell me that not having Hibbert and Osman in Koemans squad is a reason for us not doing better this season? Disingenuous, we both know Hibbert didn't play at all, Osman was used more last season than Cleverly this, and Baines will sadly never be the same without primetime Pienaar to bounce off. I think we lost a player or two more from first team squad than we gained, add in injuries then + injuries since to carry it adds up to restricted options, I can't recall when coco had to utilise an 18 year old and a 19 year old in thesame game. Though Moyes did at Alkmaar many seasons ago, Vaughan and Anichebe (by choice cos we'd qualified already)

Regarding Naismith he was mainly on the bench. I like Naismith but he was in the doldrums before Martinez came here, people wanted rid, and then we got a great price for a bench player or rotation option. Naismith wanted to play regularly too so it was a move that suited all parties. Rangers were going down the toilet, I certainly didn't want rid, he won headers withregularity and was very happy to get under the skin of the opposition shit-bags, good knack for us of finding the header chances a certain Cahill used too, I was gutted he was allowed to go, and having swapped himat aloss for Niasse then seemed stupid but nowseems suicidal.

Well in that case every manager bullshits the support. Martinez just had a certain flair for it! Disagree, some managers used interviews to pile pressure on dick-head referees, or call out bad tackles or disallowed goals. The person coco bullshitted the most was himself, his crap didn't wash at Wigan and there were plenty geared up for his already famous soundbites before the wheels fell off. (and the wheels fell off Moyes' well drilled disciplined defence, nothing of coco's)

Hopefully Koeman gets the transition time he and we deserve, the former manager was a fool and pied pipered a bunch of lunatics along with him, glad he's gone and now we can try to heal. Up there in terms of harm done alongside agent Johnson.

I was made up when we got koeman. I liked his no nonsense approach after fluffy bullshit martinez.

One of the things I've come to realise is that too many of these managers are politicians first and tacticians second.

There are a few out there who you just wish our managers could be like ... klopp, dyche, howe, Pochettino. A football first - ego second approach. No nonsense without coming across aloof, positive without sounding like a love sick teenager.

Koeman may well turn it around. Many like myself expect to see him do more with the players he has.... some want to afford him the benefit of having not got in the players he wants....

Either way there is more left to go before we can truly say get rid or he's the right man.

The way I see it is this - Everton comes first. Gone are the days of being a happy club who tolerate mediocrity. Give em time but once enough is enough - get them gone.

I know people are pissed off with the Leicester result and performance, but looking at Koeman he is just as pissed off as us.

As many people including me have said this is not Koemans squad, it an ageing and weak squad in many areas. Until Koeman has had a chance to bring in his own players who can play the way he wants we cannot judge him fairly.

Edited by London Blue

That is the threat, but it doesnt have to be a threat it just has to cause distress or anxiety.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

Bullshit, I can hope for whatever I like, world peace, a certain president, someone to get struck by lightning, or for a lottery win.

Go check out the full meaning of the word 'hope'.

I was made up when we got koeman. I liked his no nonsense approach after fluffy bullshit martinez.

One of the things I've come to realise is that too many of these managers are politicians first and tacticians second.

There are a few out there who you just wish our managers could be like ... klopp, dyche, howe, Pochettino. A football first - ego second approach. No nonsense without coming across aloof, positive without sounding like a love sick teenager.

Koeman may well turn it around. Many like myself expect to see him do more with the players he has.... some want to afford him the benefit of having not got in the players he wants....

Either way there is more left to go before we can truly say get rid or he's the right man.

The way I see it is this - Everton comes first. Gone are the days of being a happy club who tolerate mediocrity. Give em time but once enough is enough - get them gone.

Careful, some neo-nazi-liberal might try to convince you that such a wish is a threat.

Secondly, the support and the players needed some harsh home truths, Koeman is as good as anyone to ladel them out. Right on!

I don't get why people take the press conferences to heart. I would expect any manager to protect their squad. If you have a problem with a performance that should never be aired to the media, it should be between the manager and the player (s). I would rather have Martinez's bullshit about Barkley being the best player in the world than Koeman having a dig in front of the cameras. The press conference should just be a BS exercise so that you can get back to the players to tell them what you really think. Either way that's irrelevant now.

Spot on. If anyone here believes what's said at press conferences, then have I got a used car deal for you! It's all about creating a public perception: "my style of play is working", "I'm such a macho tough guy", "here's the excuse I'm using to cover my rear", etc.

Koeman taking us to 7th is like praising Moyes for doing it. It's where the money says we should be. And for the money Koeman's on he should be exceeding expectations.

There isnt another Manager who we realistically could have brought in that would have done a better job! DeBoer was another Martinez, he was garbage in the Dutch League then failed in Italy. The likes of Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche may be great managers at their level but they could never attract the players we need to move forward! and with managers like that we would forever be 'little old Everton'.

Mourinho is only in 6th Place with UTD and look who they brought in.

Some people may not like Koeman because he isnt 'Everton' who cares! we havent won anything for over 2 decades! Moyes did a great job at turning us from a relegation battling side to a top 8 team, then Martinez was on his way to destryoying all that hard work. He turned a hard working team with a 'never quit' attitude into a bunch of tarts that were fine with losing providing we had good possesion.

If we want this Club to move forward then Koeman is the man to do it, this isnt a refurb its a Rebuild and we need a manager that can attract players and wont stand for any BS. It was great to hear him criticising the board over transfers instead of a manager saying how great Bill Kenwright is and how we have a small budget compared to other teams!

You cant judge a manager this early unless he is failing miserably, Koeman isnt, we are 7th with a poor and ageing team.

There isnt another Manager who we realistically could have brought in that would have done a better job! DeBoer was another Martinez, he was garbage in the Dutch League then failed in Italy. The likes of Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche may be great managers at their level but they could never attract the players we need to move forward! and with managers like that we would forever be 'little old Everton'.

Mourinho is only in 6th Place with UTD and look who they brought in.

Some people may not like Koeman because he isnt 'Everton' who cares! we havent won anything for over 2 decades! Moyes did a great job at turning us from a relegation battling side to a top 8 team, then Martinez was on his way to destryoying all that hard work. He turned a hard working team with a 'never quit' attitude into a bunch of tarts that were fine with losing providing we had good possesion.

If we want this Club to move forward then Koeman is the man to do it, this isnt a refurb its a Rebuild and we need a manager that can attract players and wont stand for any BS. It was great to hear him criticising the board over transfers instead of a manager saying how great Bill Kenwright is and how we have a small budget compared to other teams!

You cant judge a manager this early unless he is failing miserably, Koeman isnt, we are 7th with a poor and ageing team.

How can you judge a manager on 85 days incharge? He was sacked after 11 league games. To suggest he failed in Italy is ridiculous. Edited by MC11

So would you say Bob Bradley didn't fail at Swansea? he was there 85 days, in charge for 11 games.

He was destined to fail there. Like Clement will too. Sacking a manager 11 games into the season is more than ridiculous. Absolutely no time to turn it around. If you suggest otherwise you're a fool!

He was destined to fail there. Like Clement will too. Sacking a manager 11 games into the season is more than ridiculous. Absolutely no time to turn it around. If you suggest otherwise you're a fool!

Sacking a manager who was backed with a lot of money on new signings, lost half of his games with these new players who by all means are quality (Gabirel Barbosa, Joao Mario & Candreva cost in excess of £70m) so yeah he did fail to think otherwise you are a fool ;)