• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

No not trolling, he supplied me with the same answer the other day when I said I don't think anyone else will be coming in!

Your boring full stop fella!

But it had nothing to do with the latest article. He reassessed his opinion based on new information. You quoting him from 10 days earlier was completely pointless and irrelevant, other than to send another thread into an adolescent slanging match of course.

Oh, and it's you're...

But it had nothing to do with the latest article. He reassessed his opinion based on new information. You quoting him from 10 days earlier was completely pointless and irrelevant, other than to send another thread into an adolescent slanging match of course.

Oh, and it's you're...

That's exactly what he was trying to do. I've let it go now and I apologise for my behaviour with the posts. I should know better than to get embroiled in it. He's like a petulant child trying to get one over and always having the last word. The PMs he sent me after the thread was locked proved that point beautifully.

The fact he is systematically and ruthlessly getting rid of all the dead wood stealing a living from us is proof enough he's doing a good job.

I think there's good things to come from him I really do.

My only concern is that there is a lot of change going on very quickly. Positive steps, for sure, but I do worry about the impact.

The last month has really given me hope for optimism.

Young players being involved.

The upturn in form for Ross.

Robles making me look a bit silly.

The players he has brought in and others we are linked with.

His comments on youth have really put a smile on my face.

Just can't wait to see us play again now.

To be fair mate, I get your point. I'm also wary of mass changes quickly but Niase, Gibson and Cleverly never played anyway and there's easy over 100k in wages off the books . Think we're a little short at left back if Oviedo goes but it's not depleting the squad per se imo and freeing up room for new signings wages.

To be fair mate, I get your point. I'm also wary of mass changes quickly but Niase, Gibson and Cleverly never played anyway and there's easy over 100k in wages off the books . Think we're a little short at left back if Oviedo goes but it's not depleting the squad per se imo and freeing up room for new signings wages.

It's not so much their game time that concerns me, but they were in training and were part of the group, as are Gibson and Oviedo. 5 familiar faces out of the door, 2 new with 1-2 more maybe.... Captain has been dropped and rumoured to be leaving soon too. It shakes the foundations of the group shuffling about so much in such a short amount of time.

It's not so much their game time that concerns me, but they were in training and were part of the group, as are Gibson and Oviedo. 5 familiar faces out of the door, 2 new with 1-2 more maybe.... Captain has been dropped and rumoured to be leaving soon too. It shakes the foundations of the group shuffling about so much in such a short amount of time.

Good!!! About time it all changed, we havnt won anything for years for a reason. I dont want the club to lose its soul (so to speak) but we have needed a ruthless manager for years. This was always a year to set the foundation, 7th maybe 6th up for grabs and really push on next year. so if things are going to change it needs to be this year. better players attract better players and bring the best out of other players on the pitch and in training. this is all positive.

Good!!! About time it all changed, we havnt won anything for years for a reason. I dont want the club to lose its soul (so to speak) but we have needed a ruthless manager for years. This was always a year to set the foundation, 7th maybe 6th up for grabs and really push on next year. so if things are going to change it needs to be this year. better players attract better players and bring the best out of other players on the pitch and in training. this is all positive.

On paper, I agree it's positive. But mass-movements of players has a psychological impact within the team and that's where I'm concerned. Just all seems a bit rushed, I though I understand why.

On paper, I agree it's positive. But mass-movements of players has a psychological impact within the team and that's where I'm concerned. Just all seems a bit rushed, I though I understand why.

It might have a positive psychological impact - players will know if they're not good enough they'll be shipped out without a second thought, pushing them to push themselves to be as good as they can be.

It might have a positive psychological impact - players will know if they're not good enough they'll be shipped out without a second thought, pushing them to push themselves to be as good as they can be.

It will eventually, relationships need time to develop.

West Ham is a good recent example of mass-changes in a short period.

The last month has really given me hope for optimism.

Young players being involved.

The upturn in form for Ross.

Robles making me look a bit silly.

The players he has brought in and others we are linked with.

His comments on youth have really put a smile on my face.

Just can't wait to see us play again now.

Shukes, I enjoy your poetry but the scansion and rhyme leave a lot to be desired. :D

The fact he is systematically and ruthlessly getting rid of all the dead wood stealing a living from us is proof enough he's doing a good job.

I think there's good things to come from him I really do.

I was coming on to say something similar actually! Not quite as blunt, but same feelings.

It shows some ambition and forward thinking that these sort of players are being sent on their way. Moved on to make room for players who can take us onto the next level.

I really like this honest approach from Koeman.

I've no doubt the players moving on will do well at their new clubs, but it's no coincidence that they are going to lower level teams.

I was coming on to say something similar actually! Not quite as blunt, but same feelings.

It shows some ambition and forward thinking that these sort of players are being sent on their way. Moved on to make room for players who can take us onto the next level.

I really like this honest approach from Koeman.

I've no doubt the players moving on will do well at their new clubs, but it's no coincidence that they are going to lower level teams.

Nail on the head with your last sentence. They are not good enough for a team striving for what we are.

A mass influx of players and I'd have agreed but I see no reason why ridding ourselves of deadwood and fringe players will have anything other then a positive impact

Koemans recent comments on why buy lots of players when the younger lads may be ready in six months coupled with getting shut of the likes of Gibson and co will speak volumes to the younger lads and have nothing but a massive positive impact plus we will likely add one or two quality "ready made" players, better quality better team better results make for a happier side .... hopefully

Edited by EFC-Paul

A mass influx of players and I'd have agreed but I see no reason why ridding ourselves of deadwood and fringe players will have anything other then a positive impact

Koemans recent comments on why buy lots of players when the younger lads may be ready in six months coupled with getting shut of the likes of Gibson and co will speak volumes to the younger lads and have nothing but a massive positive impact plus we will likely add one or two quality "ready made" players, better quality better team better results make for a happier side .... hopefully

Hope you're right man.

I don't think the changes need to be that drastic. Quite a lot of deadwood has been shipped out, some need replacing. Two most important signings now are a dominant CB who is good in the air and a creative player who can play across the front (wide, CAM, up front). Baines will also need an alternative and I suspect Koeman will look for a new GK (well, he has actually said this).

Central midfield is finally sorted, which is actually amazing considering where we started last summer (Barry and McCarthy our best combo, now we have Schneiderlin, Gana Gueye and Davies ahead of them). Coleman has improved after a slump and Holgate can replace him if there are injuries. New CB / Williams / Holgate / Funes Mori wouldn't be too bad. I'm still hoping Baines is in a slump but I worry age has caught up with him (those injuries he's had). Lookman will be ready for next season, Barkley would have less pressure to create something with each of his passes if there were more creative players.

So depth chart would look something like this:

GK: X / Joel

RB: Coleman / Holgate

CB: Y / Williams / Holgate / Funes Mori / Galloway

LB: Baines / Z / Galloway

CM: Schneiderlin / Gueye / Davies / McCarthy / Barry

LM/RM: A / Bolasie / Lookman / Mirallas / Lennon

CAM: A / Barkley

FW: Lukaku / A / Calvert-Lewin

Yes, numbers would still be short but every signing does not need to be a starter. I suspect that Mirallas and Lennon might also be shipped out and be replaced by younger players, but not necessary in the 20-30 million bracket. More likely they would be Walsh like signings.

I don't think the changes need to be that drastic. Quite a lot of deadwood has been shipped out, some need replacing. Two most important signings now are a dominant CB who is good in the air and a creative player who can play across the front (wide, CAM, up front). Baines will also need an alternative and I suspect Koeman will look for a new GK (well, he has actually said this).

Central midfield is finally sorted, which is actually amazing considering where we started last summer (Barry and McCarthy our best combo, now we have Schneiderlin, Gana Gueye and Davies ahead of them). Coleman has improved after a slump and Holgate can replace him if there are injuries. New CB / Williams / Holgate / Funes Mori wouldn't be too bad. I'm still hoping Baines is in a slump but I worry age has caught up with him (those injuries he's had). Lookman will be ready for next season, Barkley would have less pressure to create something with each of his passes if there were more creative players.

So depth chart would look something like this:

GK: X / Joel

RB: Coleman / Holgate

CB: Y / Williams / Holgate / Funes Mori / Galloway

LB: Baines / Z / Galloway

CM: Schneiderlin / Gueye / Davies / McCarthy / Barry

LM/RM: A / Bolasie / Lookman / Mirallas / Lennon

CAM: A / Barkley

FW: Lukaku / A / Calvert-Lewin

Yes, numbers would still be short but every signing does not need to be a starter. I suspect that Mirallas and Lennon might also be shipped out and be replaced by younger players, but not necessary in the 20-30 million bracket. More likely they would be Walsh like signings.

That's a very good post and sums it up beautifully for me.