IGNORED

Joe Hart

Hart is head and shoulders above what we have. Stekelenburg was great yesterday, but one good performance doesn't make him a 1st choice. Yeah Hart has made some errors, but he's also turned in some top class performances for city, especially in Europe, where he's kept city in games with save after save. If there's a chance to sign him we should go all out to get him.

Spot on, all keepers make mistakes, because of their position it shows up more as it usually means a goal, lloris was at fault for our goal on Saturday but given the chance I'd have him!!

A great Keep makes all the difference. They can be the difference between a couple of places in the league. There is no doubt he is a great keeper he just need to improve in certain areas and improve on his concentration. I think we are the perfect fit for him right now i cant really see where else he would go?

A great Keep makes all the difference. They can be the difference between a couple of places in the league. There is no doubt he is a great keeper he just need to improve in certain areas and improve on his concentration. I think we are the perfect fit for him right now i cant really see where else he would go?

Personally, I think it's pressure. Playing for City is high pressure. Playing for England is high pressure.

I just don't think he'll get that at Everton, he might go back to enjoying his football and start showing the form of 3/4 years ago.

All in.

Edited by Lowensda

Spot on. Think about how much lower untied would have finished without de gea.

Personally, I think it's pressure. Playing for city is high pressure. Playing for England is high pressure.

I just don't he'll get that at Everton, he might go back to enjoying his football and start showing the form of 3/4 years ago.

All in.

Could be something in this...keeper of the season at Birmingham..also pfa young player nomination

Claudio Bravo to City rumored for 17m, we would be idiots if we paid more than that for a guy they don't even want.

City not wanting him has little relevance to what there paying for Bravo and what Hart is worth to other clubs.... There's been many a player not wanted by their clubs over the years who are still quality and wanted by others its that interest that will dictate their value

Bravo is 33 he's a stop gap until they land a bigger fish imo, Hart will go for more than £17m

City not wanting him has little relevance to what there paying for Bravo and what Hart is worth to other clubs.... There's been many a player not wanted by their clubs over the years who are still quality and wanted by others its that interest that will dictate their value

Bravo is 33 he's a stop gap until they land a bigger fish imo, Hart will go for more than £17m

he shouldn't, he's not as good as Bravo or Ter Stegen, he should be 15m max for me.

Personally, I think it's pressure. Playing for City is high pressure. Playing for England is high pressure.

I just don't think he'll get that at Everton, he might go back to enjoying his football and start showing the form of 3/4 years ago.

All in.

So is playing in a cup final. Do we really want a player who chokes under pressure?

So is playing in a cup final. Do we really want a player who chokes under pressure?

I suppose it's more of a confidencertain thing with Hart. If he feels he's unbeatable, then he plays like it. What I meant by pressure is the amount heaped on him so often, he's under the spotlight far more than any other keeper in th league because he's English. A move away from a club craving the media spot light might help him?

I think if we got Hart he could be the best signing we've made in 20 years. I could really see pushing on with him as our no 1. He would earn us more points over a season than he would lose us by far. I know people are saying for the money we could get better, but who. Butland has had 1 season as a premier league no 1, and although impressive it's still 1season at a team with low to mid expectations. Forster is good, but is prone to errors (after his record shut out he made 3 or 4 errors in a short run of games which lead directly to goals) rui patricio isn't in the same league as Hart. I can't think of anyone available to us better than Hart

I think he'd be a very good signing but not for the initial feed touted. As has been said, anything under £30 and he'd be a steal, and I'd be confident he'd flourish with a solid defence in front of him - City's back 4 the last 2 seasons have been far from convincing and no doubt that has had a negative effect on the lad

He's much better a commanding his area than Howard ever was and is a great shot stopper. Loved both Howard and martyn but think Hart would prove to be more important than both of them. Out of interest who would you go for.

He's no where near Martyn's level for me.

I'm unsure tbh, top class keepers win you titles, but we need to be challenging before we can attract one.

De Gea, Lloris, Cech, and Courtois is the bar we should be setting. I doubt any of their clubs would swap them for Joe Hart.

I'm unsure tbh, top class keepers win you titles, but we need to be challenging before we can attract one.

De Gea, Lloris, Cech, and Courtois is the bar we should be setting. I doubt any of their clubs would swap them for Joe Hart.

I agree that they're all better than Hart, but we haven't got a chance of any of them. I don't think city would swap Hart for stekelenburg or joel. Hart has more premier league medals than 3 of those keepers. Really think he'd be the best available option for us and definitely a huge improvement on what we have.

I agree that they're all better than Hart, but we haven't got a chance of any of them. I don't think city would swap Hart for stekelenburg or joel. Hart has more premier league medals than 3 of those keepers. Really think he'd be the best available option for us and definitely a huge improvement on what we have.

Medals are inspire of him. Mancini wanted rid, Pellegrini dropped him, and now their new manager hasn't even bothered giving him a chance. His biggest attribute is his nationality. Not many times I've watched City and he's performed, I'd say he drops them more points than he gains.

I think he'd be a very good signing but not for the initial feed touted. As has been said, anything under £30 and he'd be a steal, and I'd be confident he'd flourish with a solid defence in front of him - City's back 4 the last 2 seasons have been far from convincing and no doubt that has had a negative effect on the lad

Yes, yes it would :lol:

Can we challenge with the level keeper we have now though? Our current crop of Keepers may be able to maintain, but they won't cinsistently get us additional points like Hart would (Saturday's saves aside which were fantastic.)

Can we challenge with the level keeper we have now though? Our current crop of Keepers may be able to maintain, but they won't cinsistently get us additional points like Hart would (Saturday's saves aside which were fantastic.)

good question. one thought i've had is this, Howard was a decent keeper for us. When we had the solid backline in the Moyes days and RM first season he was decent, above average clean sheets. But a lot can be attributed to that back 4 plus DCM helping defend. Once we went all out attack and RM didn't care about the defense, Howard was shown to be an average mistake prone keeper.

So, if we use that logic with Stekelenberg, the thought is: we have an improved defense and coach that stresses good defending at all times, we have a better DCM in Gueye, maybe those reinforcements will do enough to limit the amount of points we lose with Stek to where it's acceptable. Sure we could use a better keeper, but the defense strengthening might save us more points than a GK.

food for thought