IGNORED

Joe Hart

Medals are inspire of him. Mancini wanted rid, Pellegrini dropped him, and now their new manager hasn't even bothered giving him a chance. His biggest attribute is his nationality. Not many times I've watched City and he's performed, I'd say he drops them more points than he gains.

he had the 3rd highest clean wheat to games ratio in the league last year, begin only Czech and de gea, and city had a shot defence

good question. one thought i've had is this, Howard was a decent keeper for us. When we had the solid backline in the Moyes days and RM first season he was decent, above average clean sheets. But a lot can be attributed to that back 4 plus DCM helping defend. Once we went all out attack and RM didn't care about the defense, Howard was shown to be an average mistake prone keeper.

So, if we use that logic with Stekelenberg, the thought is: we have an improved defense and coach that stresses good defending at all times, we have a better DCM in Gueye, maybe those reinforcements will do enough to limit the amount of points we lose with Stek to where it's acceptable. Sure we could use a better keeper, but the defense strengthening might save us more points than a GK.

food for thought

why does it have to be one or the other. Why try to limit they point stem would lose if we can replace him with better. Regardless of Hart, we need a quality no 1 and we haven't got that yet

he had the 3rd highest clean wheat to games ratio in the league last year, begin only Czech and de gea, and city had a shot defence

Robles had the 10th best save percentage in the league past year. The list only has the top 10, so I can't tell you how far down Hart was.

He's not even an upgrade from Tim Howard in his prime. We should be looking for a keeper at least as good as what Martyn was.

Disagree with this. He's got experience and is a top keeper. A couple of errors recently in high profile games. Had he been playing for a mid table team last year everyone would be raving about him.

good question. one thought i've had is this, Howard was a decent keeper for us. When we had the solid backline in the Moyes days and RM first season he was decent, above average clean sheets. But a lot can be attributed to that back 4 plus DCM helping defend. Once we went all out attack and RM didn't care about the defense, Howard was shown to be an average mistake prone keeper.

So, if we use that logic with Stekelenberg, the thought is: we have an improved defense and coach that stresses good defending at all times, we have a better DCM in Gueye, maybe those reinforcements will do enough to limit the amount of points we lose with Stek to where it's acceptable. Sure we could use a better keeper, but the defense strengthening might save us more points than a GK.

food for thought

To be fair, I'm convinced Howard's decline was down much more to age than to RM. It's not like Klinnsman organized the best defense in the World Cup in 2014. Howard was just otherworldly. His decline happened nearly immediately after, and that after one season playing very well under RM.

For a couple years, Howard was top three to five in the league. If Hart is even an equal to Howard in his prime, I'll be alright with it.

No team is going to spend the money necessary to buy Hart just to replace someone for 10 weeks.

reports i have read said that he's not even rated high enough to knock mignolet off the 1 spot, he was brought in for competition, he might be a backup and hart the 1 and mignolet sold. i'm not ruling out the red shite on this one.

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2657936-manchester-city-transfer-news-claudio-bravo-agreement-reached-joe-hart-rumours

"Only Simon Mignolet (10) has made more errors that have led directly to a goal in the last 3 PL seasons than Hart (8)"

Yup. He's athletically gifted, and he knows how to play the position. I'll admit that. But, he doesn't have it upstairs, and that's the difference.

You can tell when a keeper has the mental side down, and he has never looked stable to me.

He's stalled for the last couple of seasons for me. Made some right boo-boo's. Possibly has become complacent, too comfortable.

I still rate him as a keeper though and would take him here in a Hart beat. Great personality, vocal, and rate him or not, he's a 'name'.

The hope for me would be that a new challenge gets him going again.

I would love to know how those errors are calculated.

For example, if you look at Lallana's goal at the weekend, it goes right down the middle of the goal. Cech comes out rashly and dives out when he should have stayed on his feet. Massive error and no-one has even mentioned it.

us and sevilla. the difference between staying in england (and not far from manchester at that) or going to a club in Champions League. furthermore within liverpool it's the red shite and his buds milner, henderson, sturridge, and manager klopp. or us with jags, barkley, lennon, barry, and koeman. not sure which of the england lads he gets along with.

Edited by markjazzbassist