IGNORED

Joe Hart

I really don't get the obsession with Butland. Not that I think he's a bad keeper it anything, I just don't see why so many fans want to chuck their knickers at him.

I'd assume his age. 23 for a keeper probably guarantees him another 10+ years at the top (barring injury). Personally I rate him above Forster too, but I have heard a lot of opinions on the contrary to that as well.

Guest rusty747

If we get Hart on a season long loan then we probably start again with the hunt for a top drawer No.1 next season.

Signing Butland removes that uncertainty, builds for the future and makes one hell of a statement of intent.

I accept that Stoke don't wish to sell but I do think its worth making a big offer to test their resolve.

You were implying table position was the issue, not Stokes willingness to sell (on which I agree, but then again we've got cash to splash apparently)

Of bloody course it's an issue. There is a big difference in Lukaku being linked to a rich club like Chelsea and someone like Stoke.

Mancini didn't want him. Guardiola doesn't want him. When will we realize he's not a top-notch keeper? There are much better players on which to spend money.

Yeah so they say Mancini didn't want him, but despite having all the money and being able to buy at will to replace him, he played 38 league games 3 years on the bounce...Mancini's time at the club. Does that reflect a manager not wanting this player?!

Joe Hart isn't the best keeper in the premiership as it stands today, but he is the best one available.

Yeah so they say Mancini didn't want him, but despite having all the money and being able to buy at will to replace him, he played 38 league games 3 years on the bounce...Mancini's time at the club. Does that reflect a manager not wanting this player?!

Joe Hart isn't the best keeper in the premiership as it stands today, but he is the best one available.

I was thinking the same. There were plenty of keepers available when Mancini was there and if i recall, Hart had some of his best seasons at the time?

The idea that people don't want Hart confuses and worries me.

lets look at it another way - he is one of only a few players to stand the test of time at Man City.

Aguero, Kompany, Zabaletta, Silva and Hart have been key players and despite them having millions they have not been replaced.

Hart has shown amazing mental strength and ability to at least remain number 1 for so long.

Barca sporting director has confirmed Claudio bravo deal is agreed to man city.

Should see more movement on hart now.

Great, if the price is right. £30m would be way too high imo and we might be better looking elsewhere. Not the same urgency now in view of Stekelenburg's assured start.