IGNORED

Joe Hart

Absolutely. Big signings have been suggested but nothing of yet. Hart would certainly help but still need another big name outfield player imo.

Moshiri giving us extra money has been suggested but nothing as of yet either. With the Stones money and TV money he's not provided anything of his own.

Moshiri giving us extra money has been suggested but nothing as of yet either. With the Stones money and TV money he's not provided anything of his own.

There's a definite difference this season though. It's clear we mean business and I think people are buying into this. Koeman, Walsh, Williams and Bolasie all have had other offers in recent times from 'bigger clubs'; they may not be the biggest names but I doubt we would have attracted them pre-Moshiri.

There's a definite difference this season though. It's clear we mean business and I think people are buying into this. Koeman, Walsh, Williams and Bolasie all have had other offers in recent times from 'bigger clubs'; they may not be the biggest names but I doubt we would have attracted them pre-Moshiri.

No doubt about it, I wasn't really having a moan or anything, just pointing it out. It will probably be more of a case of not going crazy and splashing the cash but that if there's a big player available then Moshiri will put his hand in his pocket to make it happen. We'll still mostly live within our means.

No doubt about it, I wasn't really having a moan or anything, just pointing it out. It will probably be more of a case of not going crazy and splashing the cash but that if there's a big player available then Moshiri will put his hand in his pocket to make it happen. We'll still mostly live within our means.

That's exactly how I'd want us to do it. We'll have the edge over many now with what we can offer in wages and as you say if that big name is available we can now be a serious and exciting proposition.

If he's trying to keep anywhere near his £130k a week wages then Harte is not going anywhere other than the usual big team, take the money and never play again club.

Current Members, Remy, Bony, Schweinsteiger, etc.

If you want to play regularly, lower your wage expectations and extend your football career or grow fat and end your career. That's the way it works.

I can't see the clubs and Koeman not knowing that he'd want around 130k a week if that's what he's on. We wouldn't have pursued this in the first place, surly.

Can't see there being any substance in this and still expect him to sign come September.

I think city may just have to forego the loan fee. His stock has dropped, he needs a good l9an to get his value up.

agree. Pep has been very silly spouting off before he was moved on. City want rid and are trying to play hardball, but they've given the power to the player and any potential suitors.

If this happens, it'll be a last minute deal on TDD

Makes me laugh though, people were shouting for 'name' signings and Hart is one of the most recognisable in the world (whether you want to accept that or not) and people are turning their nose up at him.

He's also nowhere near as bad as some make out. Coupled with the fact the £7m "loan fee" is actually just his wages, not in addition to. I'd also like to point out....the dropping of 'interest' is definitely a ploy.

Exactly!! £130k per week? £6.7m a year.

If we heard a loan fee was £300k would anyone be arsed?

If we want to progress we have to start paying wages over £100k per week to players who are of a high quality. There has been talk of paying Rom £115k per week, so we need to pay that to big players. If we take Hart on loan we would have to pay his wages, maybe if we bought him we could get him down to £100k.

Makes me laugh though, people were shouting for 'name' signings and Hart is one of the most recognisable in the world (whether you want to accept that or not) and people are turning their nose up at him.

He's also nowhere near as bad as some make out. Coupled with the fact the £7m "loan fee" is actually just his wages, not in addition to. I'd also like to point out....the dropping of 'interest' is definitely a ploy.

I'd rather get a player based on their talent rather than their reputation. He's the Jordan Henderson of goalkeepers.

I'd rather get a player based on their talent rather than their reputation. He's the Jordan Henderson of goalkeepers.

Can't remember where the article is, but the name is as important during a transition as the talent. Robhino was quoted as the example.

Edited by Matt

Where does the hate for this guy come from? Is it the hair commercials? Or is it the Euros? I don't think he's the top stopper in the world but I see so many act like he is garbage.

I imagine that the standard for your national team is high and a bad performance can lead to a strong opinion or two but in this case it seems massively extreme

agree. Pep has been very silly spouting off before he was moved on. City want rid and are trying to play hardball, but they've given the power to the player and any potential suitors.

If this happens, it'll be a last minute deal on TDD

Matt why do you want him? You almost busted up when we were going to give people wages in the 100k + region because you said it would ruin the ethos of the club and wages would sky rocket. Now you want this guy on 130k a week. I can't understand you man.

Matt why do you want him? You almost busted up when we were going to give people wages in the 100k + region because you said it would ruin the ethos of the club and wages would sky rocket. Now you want this guy on 130k a week. I can't understand you man.

Who says I want him? I've been postitive about him, and I think he'd be a good signing. However, he's certainly not my first choice but absolutely no way he deserves some of the shit he's been given. I also have been consistent on saying the £30m touted is too much and there are others I'd prefer.

I explained the wage thing already, I think when talking about Schweinsteiger a while ago? Throwing 130k a week on Witzel was what I wasn't happy about because I see/saw him as a mediocre mercenary who didn't deserve the money and was worried that was the type of club we'd turn into with all the money. It's not that complicated :)

Who says I want him? I've been postitive about him, and I think he'd be a good signing. However, he's certainly not my first choice but absolutely no way he deserves some of the shit he's been given. I also have been consistent on saying the £30m touted is too much and there are others I'd prefer.

I explained the wage thing already, I think when talking about Schweinsteiger a while ago? Throwing 130k a week on Witzel was what I wasn't happy about because I see/saw him as a mediocre mercenary who didn't deserve the money and was worried that was the type of club we'd turn into with all the money. It's not that complicated :)

Witsel is a merc but schweini isn't? I'm sorry Matt but that doesn't compute. Especially since he's staying at his club while schweini tries to find another suitor (what mercs do).

I need to concede you are either a complicated man with some self system of rules on whether you like something or not, or you're bi polar ;)