IGNORED

Joe Hart

You don't really rate the standard of the Spanish and German league above the premier do you?

Not just biased here either but haven't numerous experts broke it down and put the mid table standard far above those leagues. Meaning that the top teams face a higher standard week in week out, in the premier league? Or maybe I'm wrong.

Beat me to it as I only have one hand to type. Goddamn stitches.

Demonstrating a misunderstanding of these coefficients. The best 6 or so teams in Spain and Germany have performed better in European competition over the last several years than the best 6 or so teams in England. That does not mean that the leagues as a whole are better or that the competition that Hart faces against 19 other premier league teams is inferior to the competition Bravo or Neuer face day in/day out in their respective leagues. There are only so many Dortmunds, Wolfsburgs, and teams from Madrid.

Basically the above Mark

The premier league is the most competitive how you can say its third rate is bewildering tbh mate, I get you don't rate him highly but all the above doesn't back up your opinion imo I don't think he's a world beater myself but he's better than what we've had for some time in my opinion

of course i believe those leagues are better, i'm not english! just like with hart, it's a bunch of homers who can't be objective.

middle and bottom table i don't see much difference. top table i see a lot of difference with the german and spanish teams better than the premier league teams. just cause the league has the best marketing and most money doesn't mean its the best product.

then there's european performances, again the win goes to german and spanish sides. look at both CL and Europa.

Anyone recall Hart having a worldie other than one against Barca?

De Gea pulls out the stops at an almost unbelievable rate, most Prem keepers will pull out a few games and win you points. When I've watched Hart he probs has a deficit when it come to gaining /losing goals. Stek has already helped us get 3 points with his saves, with stops I doubt Hart would have made.

Bar one of those stops I would have expected any half decent keeper to have made them.

Hart kept City in the game against Bayern either last season or the season before and I have seen him pull off plenty of outstanding stops. Personally I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in the top keepers with shot stopping, its everything else where they differ.

De Gea was dire in 2014 and has had plenty of howlers e.g. PSG when nearly every United fan wanted his head in a plate

All players have stinkers every so often some are highlighted more than others, his most highlighted poor stint was the Euro's were he was pretty piss poor but he certainly wasn't the only high profile player to do that

I argued he should've been keeper of the season in his first year. Not as many mistakes as you'd think, just everyone got in the newspapers and replayed on sky. He made more saves that you think he shouldn't have got to than anyone else. His class shines through. Hart doesn't come close to being a top keeper.

I argued he should've been keeper of the season in his first year. Not as many mistakes as you'd think, just everyone got in the newspapers and replayed on sky. He made more saves that you think he shouldn't have got to than anyone else. His class shines through. Hart doesn't come close to being a top keeper.

He was dire in his first season its not only well remembered and documented by many the man himself admits to his rough and poor first season there plus the same logic applies or could be applied to Hart, I'm not his biggest fan but people need to take the blinkers off when saying he's poor shit crap etc and applying the above logic to one keeper when it clearly applies to the other also

of course i believe those leagues are better, i'm not english! just like with hart, it's a bunch of homers who can't be objective.

middle and bottom table i don't see much difference. top table i see a lot of difference with the german and spanish teams better than the premier league teams. just cause the league has the best marketing and most money doesn't mean its the best product.

then there's european performances, again the win goes to german and spanish sides. look at both CL and Europa.

Its not a biased opinion because I'm English so drop that one Mark its the most competitive and entertaining league in my eyes purely because it is imo even more so in recent years

He was dire in his first season its not only well remembered and documented by many the man himself admits to his rough and poor first season there plus the same logic applies or could be applied to Hart, I'm not his biggest fan but people need to take the blinkers off when saying he's poor shit crap etc and applying the above logic to one keeper when it clearly applies to the other also

His errors were well documented. I got laughed at for saying he'll be the best keeper and should have been in the team of the year. You can't argue with the first one, and I'll trust myself over the rats in the media. Guess the same applies to Hart.

Why have 3 managers in a row wanted rid?

His errors were well documented. I got laughed at for saying he'll be the best keeper and should have been in the team of the year. You can't argue with the first one, and I'll trust myself over the rats in the media. Guess the same applies to Hart.

Why have 3 managers in a row wanted rid?

Then why haven't 3 managers in a row got rid and still played him week in week out?

Hart would be an upgrade but it's not worth it for his price -- especially if it's just a loan. He's better than average, but his wages/price tag are greatly inflated.

As far as which leagues are better... Spain and Germany have some better teams (Barca, both Madrids; Bayern, BVB), but England has the most parity by far. Teams in other leagues can afford to rotate their squads regularly and put more focus on European competition.

I'd be curious to see how injuries come into play since the English League is far more physical.

Edited by TonkaRoost

The last two both dropped him, and their latest has given him the Niasse treatment. See a link I put in here already confirming they wanted rid.

De Gea was also dropped.. Cech was dropped... Courtois was dropped...

So after 6 transfer windows why wasnt a new keeper bought?

Pep also said that the door wasnt closed for him. They have likely bought a new keeper as Hart expressed a desire to leave if he wasnt first choice.

Pep also said that the door wasnt closed for him. They have likely bought a new keeper as Hart expressed a desire to leave if he wasnt first choice.

Different circumstances, De Gea was looking for a move, not performance related like Hart.

Not moved most likely because he's English.

Edited by pete0

they have been bought. caballero and pantillimon and now bravo. pantillimon isn't great, neither is caballero, hence he still has a job. bravo is good, he's gone.

Edited by markjazzbassist

they have been bought. caballero and pantillimon and now bravo. pantillimon isn't great, neither is caballero, hence he still has a job. bravo is good, he's gone.

They were never expected to be number 1 keepers and never were.

If he was bad as you and Pete make out he would have been shipped on years ago, especially given the money they have!

They were never expected to be number 1 keepers and never were.

If he was bad as you and Pete make out he would have been shipped on years ago, especially given the money they have!

Their defense has carried him. His save percentage says it all.

I used to drink in Salford with a few City Fans and Hart was their biggest moan. Always gets beat by low shots to his left apparently, doesn't position himself well enough and isn't quick enough to get down to make the save.

do you watch la liga and bundesliga regularly? didn't think so

How would you know? Did I reply? There's no need to be an presumptuous tit Mark as you were with your prior post

I try and watch as much footie as I can but kids working permanent nights etc hampers it but I know and see enough to form my opinion

Fact of the matter is comparing players from other leagues is at the best of times very sketchy and I'm not a big believer in stats painting a true picture

How would you know? Did I reply? There's no need to be an presumptuous tit Mark as you were with your prior post

I try and watch as much footie as I can but kids working permanent nights etc hampers it but I know and see enough to form my opinion

Fact of the matter is comparing players from other leagues is at the best of times very sketchy and I'm not a big believer in stats painting a true picture

don't believe in stats and don't watch the other leagues but you are sure they aren't better. convincing argument paul.