IGNORED

Joe Hart

Hart would serve two purposes, a number one keeper and a big name signing. I really wanted him but I'm glad RK isn't being sucked into spending stupid amounts of money on a player surplus to another club. Hart MAY be a slightly better keeper than Begovic on his day but showing good business sense and that we are doing this build right.

Hart would serve two purposes, a number one keeper and a big name signing. I really wanted him but I'm glad RK isn't being sucked into spending stupid amounts of money on a player surplus to another club. Hart MAY be a slightly better keeper than Begovic on his day but showing good business sense and that we are doing this build right.

I agree. I prefer Begovic personally.

Hart is over rated how ever you look at it. It wouldn't surprise me if city had been trying to replace him for a few seasons now. He's not in the tier 1 of keepers in the prem let alone the world. Begovic would prove to be a better signing once he gets up to speed. I can only think of Robert Green that's more notorious of making mistakes as much as Hart he's so sloppy.

He's a big name, not a big player.

Hart is a fantastic keeper. Anyone who thinks differently is wrong. Begovic is untested so there is no way of knowing.

I am ok with sticking with Stek though. Hart costs too much. Thats not the kind of money I would invest in a keeper. We have more urgent positions to tend to. Replacement for Lukaku (I still think that he is leaving deadline day) A second striker and a defender.

If we keep McCarthy (which I hope we do) we are ok in the middle.

Hart is a fantastic keeper. Anyone who thinks differently is wrong. Begovic is untested so there is no way of knowing.

I am ok with sticking with Stek though. Hart costs too much. Thats not the kind of money I would invest in a keeper. We have more urgent positions to tend to. Replacement for Lukaku (I still think that he is leaving deadline day) A second striker and a defender.

Pete, it's not yours or my money and if we're going to do comparisons on expenditure, would you rather take Gabiadinni or Hart for £25m?

I agree on Hart but Begovic is far from untested - he spent 5 years as first choice at Stoke and was probably their best player during that time. A bad career move to Chelsea shouldn't overshadow what a top class goalkeeper he is.

Pete, it's not yours or my money and if we're going to do comparisons on expenditure, would you rather take Gabiadinni or Hart for £25m?

I know its not my money. Id only be able to afford Bendner. I would however prefer Gabbiadini based on the fact that we need another attacker more than we need another keeper. Hart is a great great keeper though.

Had we not bought Stek it would have been a no brainer. Hart all the way

Edited by Peter H

I agree on Hart but Begovic is far from untested - he spent 5 years as first choice at Stoke and was probably their best player during that time. A bad career move to Chelsea shouldn't overshadow what a top class goalkeeper he is.

True, but its been a long benching. Seen good players destroyed by the bench.

He's tested and passed as an average GK

I know its not my money. Id only be able to afford Bendner. I would however prefer Gabbiadini based on the fact that we need another attacker more than we need another keeper. Hart is a great great keeper though.

Had we not bought Stek it would have been a no brainer. Hart all the way

That's fair :)

Hart is over rated how ever you look at it. It wouldn't surprise me if city had been trying to replace him for a few seasons now. He's not in the tier 1 of keepers in the prem let alone the world. Begovic would prove to be a better signing once he gets up to speed. I can only think of Robert Green that's more notorious of making mistakes as much as Hart he's so sloppy.

He's a big name, not a big player.

There is no way Hart is overrated considering the amount of shite aimed at him. I think it's down to the gutter press looking for culprits. Hart makes a mistake -> defeat was his fault even though the entire team was shite. And then people pick up on this and suddenly it's fact.

It would be odd if we aren't in for him! Although Steck has been class. We're the highest profile club in the league without a top keeper, 12 months ago we'd have been laughed at if we thought he come here. We're his best option in the PL because he's not going to get in any of the so called bigger clubs!

Forget his mistakes, what I like about him is that he's vocal and seems captain material