IGNORED

Joe Hart

he is not a high profile big name player. he is average. if he were high profile big name he would start at man city. pep has seen through the english smokescreen and realized the man is bang on average.

They became billionaires in 2008. So always had the money to buy THE best players in the world (in this case a Goalkeeper)

So why in gods name did he start nearly EVERY single game since then?

Season Apps

2007–08: 32

2008–09: 33

2010–11: 55

2011–12: 51

2012–13: 45

2013–14: 39

2014–15: 44

2015–16: 47

Not bad for someone so distinctly shite, in a team capable of spending stupid money on "better" players.

They became billionaires in 2008. So always had the money to buy THE best players in the world (in this case a Goalkeeper)

So why in gods name did he start nearly EVERY single game since then?

Season Apps

2007–08: 32

2008–09: 33

2010–11: 55

2011–12: 51

2012–13: 45

2013–14: 39

2014–15: 44

2015–16: 47

Not bad for someone so distinctly shite, in a team capable of spending stupid money on "better" players.

they have no english players for the CL requirements, hence having delph and used to ahve roberts on the reserves. he fulfilled that need. stones fulfills that need now so they don't need average joe anymore, they can get a real keeper.

they have no english players for the CL requirements, hence having delph and used to ahve roberts on the reserves. he fulfilled that need. stones fulfills that need now so they don't need average joe anymore, they can get a real keeper.

You have got to be fucking kidding me, right?

Arguably one of the most important positions on the pitch and they're just using him and chancing his "shit" level of ability because he's filling the English quota? Wow. Delph, Roberts are squad players....they DON'T play. Hart has played continuously for 8 seasons.

Your reasonings MJB are ridiculous.

Edited by Lowensda

If you were to draw a picture of the perfect goalkeeper - he would look similar to Hart. Great presence, brilliantly agile, great shot stopper.

He's probably just been battered about mentally and needs a break. He's not an average keeper at all. Definitely in and around the top 10 in the world.

Hart is a perfect example of exactly what is wrong with the English press: build him up and ignore his mistakes when he's young and promising, give him a few years at the top, then suddenly expect perfection from him and tear him down for the same mistakes that were earlier ignored. He's a good keeper. Not absolutely brilliant, not shite and he always has been.

Also hasn't Guardiola openly admitted that it's not his keeping abilities that are the problem, but his ability with the ball at his feet? You can't exactly call Everton possession obsessed now that Martinez is gone.

So they decided to fill the most important spot in the team with a shite homegrown player for eight seasons?

glad you're finally catching on. i'm glad we're not interested in him either.

here are top keeper joe harts stats with other top keepers. he's no where near close to these guys, except howard who we bitched and moaned was an average keeper who made lots of mistakes.

all last year league stats (except howard his is 2013/2014 as our 5th place finish is close to Joe's 4th place finish last year)

hart bravo neuer buffon Howard

goals conceded per match 1.03 .69 .47 .49 1

saves per goal per match 1.91 3.40 2.73 3.94 2.88

distribution accuracy per match 59% 86% 83% 81% 68%

clean sheets per match .43 .50 .59 .60 .41

here are top keeper joe harts stats with other top keepers. he's no where near close to these guys, except howard who we bitched and moaned was an average keeper who made lots of mistakes.

all last year league stats (except howard his is 2013/2014 as our 5th place finish is close to Joe's 4th place finish last year)

200.gif

I'd be interested to see the stats of Celtics keeper to those above

Those keepers who bar Howard are all great are essentially playing in less competitive leagues hence the Celtic comparison

Using last season won't paint much of a picture for most sides as nigh on every side were out of sorts, De Gea Cortouis Cech all regarded as elite level keepers will have poorer stats then expected

Madness absolute madness. He's a quality keeper who makes big saves

...and big bloopers.

He's above average, for sure, but that's about it. Nowhere near the top 10 in the world, I'm afraid. I'm so frustrated that we're still linked. Then again, the media need to be reporting that he's going somewhere. After all, he is England's #1.

Using stats to back up an opinion on a keeper is worthless because of the nature of the game. A busy keeper is always going to have the opportunity to have better stats. You could not have anything to do all game and then some whopper from a lower league club smashes one in top corner from 30 yards out because the CB couldn't be arsed to close him down properly as they were already 3 nil up.

There is nothing wrong with Hart's mentality. Bale makes keepers look silly on a regular basis and the other goal he was blamed for was unlucky because he was there but on that day he just didn't get enough on it to push it round the post. The problem is the guy shouldn't have been able to shoot from that close to goal and so easily. Another yard, possibly half yard further out and Hart is given that split second he needed to get a proper hand to it.

I'm sure plenty of you naysayers cream over Neuer yet his gaff in the final was far worse than Hart's.

Hart is an excellent keeper, great shot stopper, leader and as far as I am concerned his distribution is more than good enough for a top team. He is far more commanding and assured that what we have now and whilst I do agree that it seems stupid to pay more for him than his replacement, if he was our keeper he would be a massive asset to the club.

Anyone recall Hart having a worldie other than one against Barca?

De Gea pulls out the stops at an almost unbelievable rate, most Prem keepers will pull out a few games and win you points. When I've watched Hart he probs has a deficit when it come to gaining /losing goals. Stek has already helped us get 3 points with his saves, with stops I doubt Hart would have made.

I have actually saw Hart make many great saves on regular occasions. Some against us.

Forget his price and look at hos ability.

For people to not think he would be a big upgrade for uses embarrassing, other fans read these posts and must be laughing at us.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge will know that Hart is an upgrade for us, again...not rocket science.

I'd be interested to see the stats of Celtics keeper to those above

Those keepers who bar Howard are all great are essentially playing in less competitive leagues hence the Celtic comparison

Using last season won't paint much of a picture for most sides as nigh on every side were out of sorts, De Gea Cortouis Cech all regarded as elite level keepers will have poorer stats then expected

last time i checked england hasn't won anything in europe agaisnt these leagues and teams since 2012 and before that 2008. they are not less competitive.

look, i understand everyone think's Hart is awesome, but this is my Haf moment, everyone gets one, Hart is my Lukaku.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Anyone recall Hart having a worldie other than one against Barca?

De Gea pulls out the stops at an almost unbelievable rate, most Prem keepers will pull out a few games and win you points. When I've watched Hart he probs has a deficit when it come to gaining /losing goals. Stek has already helped us get 3 points with his saves, with stops I doubt Hart would have made.

De Gea was dire in 2014 and has had plenty of howlers e.g. PSG when nearly every United fan wanted his head in a plate

All players have stinkers every so often some are highlighted more than others, his most highlighted poor stint was the Euro's were he was pretty piss poor but he certainly wasn't the only high profile player to do that

last time i checked england hasn't won anything in europe agaisnt these leagues and teams since 2012 and before that 2008. they are not less competitive

What does that have to do with their respective league's?? We are talking league form as your stats state not cup competition's which never give a true guage of form over an extended period

What does that have to do with their respective league's?? We are talking league form as your stats state not cup competition's which never give a true guage of form over an extended period

their respective leagues have higher UEFA coefficient's (italy is just behind england, but the rest are above) for quality of league. England is 3rd rate league mate. Spain and Germany 1 and 2.

last time i checked england hasn't won anything in europe agaisnt these leagues and teams since 2012 and before that 2008. they are not less competitive.

look, i understand everyone think's Hart is awesome, but this is my Haf moment, everyone gets one, Hart is my Lukaku.

no one has said he's awesome! Were merely arguing he's not shit and definitely better than average.

their respective leagues have higher UEFA coefficient's (italy is just behind england, but the rest are above) for quality of league. England is 3rd rate league mate. Spain and Germany 1 and 2.

You don't really rate the standard of the Spanish and German league above the premier do you?

Not just biased here either but haven't numerous experts broke it down and put the mid table standard far above those leagues. Meaning that the top teams face a higher standard week in week out, in the premier league? Or maybe I'm wrong.

Demonstrating a misunderstanding of these coefficients. The best 6 or so teams in Spain and Germany have performed better in European competition over the last several years than the best 6 or so teams in England. That does not mean that the leagues as a whole are better or that the competition that Hart faces against 19 other premier league teams is inferior to the competition Bravo or Neuer face day in/day out in their respective leagues. There are only so many Dortmunds, Wolfsburgs, and teams from Madrid.