IGNORED

Joe Hart

City willing to pay £90k of his £120k wages to get him out, no matter if people think he is good or not, shouldn't we give it a go for £30k wages. ?

It would be a good loan move sure, but I'd prefer something permanent.

30k is definitely not a bad wage to pay in today's market for a player of his quality though.

Edited by TonkaRoost

all the big clubs are lining up for him, top talent joe is..................newest rumour is Torino in Serie A. how the mighty have fallen.

You have a slight point, but the structure of the "keeper market" is a bit different. Keeper isn't a position managers are always ready to switch out willy-nilly. The investment Hart will require means to most clubs (who don't have the financial means of the global clubs) that they need to be absolutely certain they are willing to displace a goalkeeper they are comfortable with. So, there has to be a club that can both afford him and is uncomfortable enough with their keeper situation to make that investment and hope it pays off. The loan part of this makes it even tougher. Why put your keeper on the bench and maybe cause him to lose form just so you can have one season with another keeper? Most big teams won't be willing to do this.

I think city would be desperate to get rid of him. Everybody is spunking over pep like he invented football and they don't want hart hiding in the shadows. Remember when the Chelsea manager (can't remember who) tried to bench terry and lampard and it bit him in the arse. Surely he won't want to go to Sunderland? That's a huge comedown. I hope we are being canny and driving a hard bargain. The thing with him is he talks a lot which we need. Him and stek? Happy with that and I'm sure he would have a point to prove and would sink his teeth into a move with us. Loan deal with an option go buy. Get it done. He is a winner.

Jesus wept. What a waste of the rest of his career. Granted he's been there and done that but top class goalkeepers don't throw away their career at 29.

I'll never be able to give him the respect he deserves again.

He's only going there for a season. Calm down. It'd have been worse to stay at City and be third choice. At least now he'll play every week, put himself in the shop window and then make a proper decision about his future next summer.

Gaining experiences in a new league, proving he's adaptable to different 'styles' of play.

Personally think he's made the right choice. Foreign teams may become interested in him, should the performances proves his worth abroad.

We as a nation also bemoan the fact that English players don't have the experience of other leagues and that is one of the reasons ourg football is so 1 dimensional. He makes a move away and now people are suggesting he's wasting his career. Blimey.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch the match? A classic joe hart flap gave away a goal. He couldn't save a penalty either. They lost. Worldie though, top class

I think its going to take a bit of time for him to get his head straight. Half the world will be looking for him to fail....

He's a very good keeper and will come through this and be better for it.

If everyone judged players the way you do mate, we'd have squads of thousands because after every mistake they'd be written off!

i'm saying this because "joe hart flap" is an actual phrase because he does them so often. i still think he's overrated because he's english (just like donovan is for americans, or pogba is for french)

That's part of the problem. The other is that they hired a Chelsea reject for their manager. I'm not convinced of Mourinho's ability to succeed consistently in the Premier League.

after guardiola's master class on how to tactically destroy Mou in the first half i'd have to agree. i'm not sold on that backline either.

• 10 months later...