IGNORED

Joe Hart

Witsel is a merc but schweini isn't? I'm sorry Matt but that doesn't compute. Especially since he's staying at his club while schweini tries to find another suitor (what mercs do).

I need to concede you are either a complicated man with some self system of rules on whether you like something or not, or you're bi polar ;)

One chose to go to the Russian league to earn a fortune, the other was at Bayern for 17 years before moving to one of the most successful teams in England as his career in Germany was stalling and then unceremoniously dropped by their new manager (Uniteds I mean, but wouldn't be surprised if Pep had too).

Witzel couldn't get the deal he wanted (so it seems at least) so he'll see out the rest of his contract so he can leave for free to his 4th club in 10 years and get a bumper signing on fee, the other, who had only played for 1 other team before signing for United, is looking to move so he can play more.

Not even close to being a mercenary, I don't even get how you could compare or confuse the 2.

Edited by Matt

My whole issue with this is that we would be doing Man City a favour - nursing a battered player back to happiness and confidence and we have to pay mega money?

If they want him to not stagnate then loan him for the wages - nothing more. Otherwise they run the risk of him devaluing over the next season. He will just become the English Cudicini.

Don't really see the problem with the £7m we'd pay to loan Hart. We paid that for Rom without blinking and we had less money then. I'd be surprised if that was a reason we cooled our interest. If we have at all.

Think it was a bit less and went towards the end transfer fee, but regardless I agree.

Don't really see the problem with the £7m we'd pay to loan Hart. We paid that for Rom without blinking and we had less money then. I'd be surprised if that was a reason we cooled our interest. If we have at all.

Agreed...a good keeper is worth a lot of points to a team..and the guy is good I think...power of being English working in reverse for me

I think City would take much less than that. It's not like Everton trying to keep a player or make as much money as they can from the transfer. It's a player they don't want and money they don't need. They aren't exactly know for strong arming clubs into paying a lot for their players.

If they spent £20m on Bravo I think they would just be happy to get £20m back in and nothing is lost.

That's the fee the papers have quoted. We have no idea what it'd be.

True, but since that's the figure being bandied about then it's all I've got to go off. If its £30m it better be with stupid stuff like £5m if we win the league / £3m for qualifiying to CL in 2/3 years, similar shit to the Lukaku deal.

Cillisseen the Dutch lad was 12m to barca. Not sure why second rate joe hart is worth more than both of them combined. He's shit.

He's really not though. He's had poor performances for sure, but he's also a title winner, cup winner etc. who has played behind some truly shocking CBs in his time.

Is he world class? No. Is he Average/shit? No. He's a damn good 'keeper with 7 years, arguably the best for a GK, or so ahead of him who has captained his club and country (I think) and needs a new lease of life.

My whole issue with this is that we would be doing Man City a favour - nursing a battered player back to happiness and confidence and we have to pay mega money?

This, I'd have him but not on loan, don't see the point in pissing £7m up the wall only for him to fuck off somewhere else after the loan period!

I think the £7m actually comes from the Scrabble theory.

Take the name of the player as they are known to you and I, work out the calculated score based on the individual tile scores in Scrabble. Suprisingly accurate to.

Proposed players:

HART = 7 (£7m)

LAMINE KONE = 16 (£16m)

Current players:

OUMAR NIASSE = 13 (£13m)

MCCARTHY = 20 (£20)

YANNICK BOLASIE = 25 (£25m)

WILLIAMS = 13 (£13)

IDRISSA = 8 (£8m)

That's how the media guess the valuations of players. FACT.

If we want high profile big name players we'll have to pay the pennies to get them it's that simple. People can't moan they want some quality players or big names then expect them to let us pay them 80k a week.

he is not a high profile big name player. he is average. if he were high profile big name he would start at man city. pep has seen through the english smokescreen and realized the man is bang on average.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he is not a high profile big name player. he is average. if he were high profile big name he would start at man city. pep has seen through the english smokescreen and realized the man is bang on average.

He is way better than average, you're doing him a disservice.