IGNORED

William Carvalho

I watched him closely in the second half and thought he did everything he was supposed to. Rarely out of position, simple but effective balls to either get out of tight spots in possession take an opposition player out of the game and he tracked across when needed to. 

He just strikes me as a player that is completely in control of what he is doing. 

He isnt an exciting player, he doesnt do anything special but he does do the basics very well. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I watched him closely in the second half and thought he did everything he was supposed to. Rarely out of position, simple but effective balls to either get out of tight spots in possession take an opposition player out of the game and he tracked across when needed to. 

He just strikes me as a player that is completely in control of what he is doing. 

He isnt an exciting player, he doesnt do anything special but he does do the basics very well. 

Like Benni? But older and not as good.

Watched him closely last night and may be changing my mind. He hardly put a foot wrong. Played a very simple game, receiving and passing the ball on. Very tidy in possession and looked strong. Never really bursts forward like Gana can, but recycled the ball very well. Looks like the game is very easy for him.

54 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Watched him closely last night and may be changing my mind. He hardly put a foot wrong. Played a very simple game, receiving and passing the ball on. Very tidy in possession and looked strong. Never really bursts forward like Gana can, but recycled the ball very well. Looks like the game is very easy for him.

I just feel he is lazy when I watch him. Like he would the other team counter us at pace to score before having to  sprint 10 metres 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I just feel he is lazy when I watch him. Like he would the other team counter us at pace to score before having to  sprint 10 metres 

I know what you mean but I think he dictates that pace. There were a couple of times when his centre back pushed forward and lost the ball and he ineddiately sprites back to cover his position. 

Again, it’s only one math where I decided to watch him closely, but he was much better than I original gave him credit for.

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know what you mean but I think he dictates that pace. There were a couple of times when his centre back pushed forward and lost the ball and he ineddiately sprites back to cover his position. 

Again, it’s only one math where I decided to watch him closely, but he was much better than I original gave him credit for.

Yeah that’s fair. I just desperately want us to sign a midfielder who can really dominate athletically and technically! 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yeah that’s fair. I just desperately want us to sign a midfielder who can really dominate athletically and technically! 

If we brought in someone like Loftus-Cheek and this lad I think we'd have that kind of balance between the two if you get my drift 

There's not many dominating box to box players around lately of good quality we seem to be seeing more creative/sitters being churned out these days, Yaya Toure and Mousa Dembele seem to be a dying breed atm 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Thats almost exactly what I see. I can see why people think he is lazy / slow because thats the impression he gives but he just does the basics very well, stays in position and covers where needed but nothing more. Essentially he just makes a lot of good decisions. Im still not sure whether I like him as a player or not though! 

Regarding the comments about his speed he certainly isnt rapid but I *think* he has enough recovery pace. I saw him fill in at FB during one of the games and he was shown the line by the winger and was fine in keeping up and stopping the cross. I have no idea who the winger was, so its not the best guide but I remember being surprised by his mobility (not that I had high expectations!).  

He looked good the other night but who wouldn't with all the time and space he had when receiving the ball and passing it on, he wouldn't get that time and space in the premiership were the games a lot faster and teams press.

For me he would be a big risk I'd like to see how he looks when he's under pressure for longer periods of time, I think we would see a player that looks slow and struggles to make an impact on the game.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He looked good the other night but who wouldn't with all the time and space he had when receiving the ball and passing it on, he wouldn't get that time and space in the premiership were the games a lot faster and teams press.

For me he would be a big risk I'd like to see how he looks when he's under pressure for longer periods of time, I think we would see a player that looks slow and struggles to make an impact on the game.

Like Spain????

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Most definitely like Spain he gave the ball away and they played through him and got 3 goals some papers only scored him 5/10, good comparison the Spanish game.

Yep. Not been overly convinced myself.

I know his role is one that generally goes unnoticed and is less sexy, but I'm struggling to see much of interest above what we already have.