IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If someone was willing to pay £60mil for him, I don't see how we could afford to turn that down. 

The only part of his game that matches a player worthy of that price tag is his phsyical ability. His movement is getting up there as well, albeit we will see how that goes with Ancellotti gone. 

Just now, Bailey said:

If someone was willing to pay £60mil for him, I don't see how we could afford to turn that down. 

The only part of his game that matches a player worthy of that price tag is his phsyical ability. His movement is getting up there as well, albeit we will see how that goes with Ancellotti gone. 

I agree he has been underwhelming this season, but so has every one else. I think if we start selling off our most valuable assets then we'll be in an even shittier place than we are now. 

33 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This lad goes from not being able to finish, to being our most important player, to being surplus  because he hasn't scored after being out for four months!

Our fans are infamous for a reason.

To be fair he still can't finish. I don't care how many goals he scores...the amount of 1 on 1's he misses is incredible. That said, I give him huge credit for getting into those scoring positions.

26 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

To be fair he still can't finish. I don't care how many goals he scores...the amount of 1 on 1's he misses is incredible. That said, I give him huge credit for getting into those scoring positions.

Probably why he's scored so many the last few seasons then :huh:

To be fair not many can finish a 1 v 1. Watch any premier league match and you’ll see.

Though I have to ask…. When do we ever create a 1 v 1 haha?

Though 3 goals in 5 games this season isn't as terrible as some are saying. Pretty much the best ratio we have had since Lineker? 
Wouldn't say that’s underwhelming…. And probably the reason higher teams are watching him.

He isn’t a natural finisher, but I would much rather have him than 60m. He offers so much more to the team than goals. 

He adds a steel to a team of flowers,  aggression, a not give up attitude, and Wrangler jeans!

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be fair not many can finish a 1 v 1. Watch any premier league match and you’ll see.

Though 3 goals in 5 games this season isn't as terrible as some are saying. Pretty much the best ratio we have had since Lineker? 
Wouldn't say that’s underwhelming…. And probably the reason higher teams are watching him.

He isn’t a natural finisher, but I would much rather have him than 60m. He offers so much more to the team than goals. 

He adds a steel to a team of flowers,  aggression, a not give up attitude, and Wrangler jeans!

That's the Lukaku argument all over. He's one of the best at poaching but we don't set up to make the most of it. Even less chance of it happening with Digne gone. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I agree he has been underwhelming this season, but so has every one else. I think if we start selling off our most valuable assets then we'll be in an even shittier place than we are now. 

That is where we are as a club. We are going to have to sell our biggest assets and reinvest that money. If we need to sell Dom to bring in 2 or 3 others players for the first team then it has to happen.

34 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Two of those goals are penalties.

Im just not convinced he continues to score that regularly under a different manager. 

Just now, Bailey said:

That is where we are as a club. We are going to have to sell our biggest assets and reinvest that money. If we need to sell Dom to bring in 2 or 3 others players for the first team then it has to happen.

Two of those goals are penalties.

Im just not convinced he continues to score that regularly under a different manager. 

Maybe. Maybe not. I do feel our forwards are often starved of chances and would score more goals if we created more. But I’ll probably never see that in my lifetime haha.

I understand feeling we need to sell to reinvest. I just feel I would rather keep our core players and build around them. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I do feel our forwards are often starved of chances and would score more goals if we created more. But I’ll probably never see that in my lifetime haha.

I understand feeling we need to sell to reinvest. I just feel I would rather keep our core players and build around them. 

Yeh I do get that, its hard to know whats best. 

Some teams have done well by re-investing in their assets, others haven't. Ideally you need the replacement to already be at the club and coming through rather than bringing in someone new to the club but that is very hard to do. 

I do think that when the money is right then players need to be sold, but it is imperative that the money is right. 

We couldn’t replace Lukaku, until Dom started scoring. Now we’re in a shambles people think it would be so easy to replace him?

And £60m? Arsenal paid £50m for Ben White. Sorry, but for the mess we’ll be in without Dom (see this season as apparently he was going to save the season for Rafa when we couldn’t score for shit) we would need to be looking at more than £70m for it to be worthwhile for us. I’m not for one minute saying he is a £70m footballer, but we’ll struggle to attract a goal scorer so we need more. 

Not to mention that we’re likely to lose Richarlison in the summer too. Losing our two biggest threats is just terrifying to me. It’s not like our transfers have all been great. Cenk, Rondon, Iwobi, Walcott, we haven’t done too well with these attacking players. Kia will be rubbing his hands together at the commission he could get here. 

I am perplexed by the posters in this thread pretending we won't miss DCL.  Guess we should just play Rondon every game then? Or Simms? Heard he scored a goal for Blackpool.  Sure he is ready to replace DCL's 20+ goals last campaign? What about Richie?  Well he is probably going to leave as well if not sooner than DCL.

We need to appreciate the wonderful talent we have when we have it.  Said it about Digne.  People were on about how he had dropped off... Well it took him 1 game in a Villa shirt to register an assist that won a game... So that aged well.

Sure DCL has been injured this season but his record is still 3 goals in 6 games this season...

Proud of DCL and if he leaves, I will be sad to see him go.

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

Won’t happen this window anyway but if he’s as good as people are saying above he should drag us out of this mess.. right? 

That was Rafas plan anyway. But it’s not just a case that he’s that good, it’s that we don’t have a current alternative, we’re shit at buying players, and I don’t think we can convince a goal scoring striker to come to Everton. 
But let’s also not forget the lads only just coming back from four months out. The penalty was poor, granted, but it’s going to take a while for his form to come back. Even in bad form he’s a better option than anyone else we’ve got. 

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

That was Rafas plan anyway. But it’s not just a case that he’s that good, it’s that we don’t have a current alternative, we’re shit at buying players, and I don’t think we can convince a goal scoring striker to come to Everton. 
But let’s also not forget the lads only just coming back from four months out. The penalty was poor, granted, but it’s going to take a while for his form to come back. Even in bad form he’s a better option than anyone else we’ve got. 

We are trying to play with an out an out striker who is struggling to have any impact on the the game, do we have long enough left to keep playing him in the hope he finds his form, the first half as a team against Villa we didn’t create enough chances for DCL in the box, but in the second half it was a different story Gordon on his own put 5 decent balls into the area and DCL was no where no any of them that’s concerning. I agree with you he is the only option if you are going to play to his strengths but when he is so obviously struggling we need to change our approach, and I would go with Gray up top with Richarlison and Gordon and Townsend out wide, it would give us a better mix of options in stead of just trying to hit DCL in the area who is so out of form he’s not showing or making the runs required to get on the end of the crosse’s. So for me don’t play the same way with Rondon in his place that won’t work, we need to change the system to suit the players that are showing the most form and desire. 

I'm neutral on this one. In his earlier starts for Everton, I thought he was underrated. At this point in time, it's possible he's a little overrated (such has been his rise in stock). Should we sell? For something like £40m plus Nketiah (since we'd need an immediate replacement), I'd be tempted. Really, though, if not too late, the new manager should have their say.

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'm neutral on this one. In his earlier starts for Everton, I thought he was underrated. At this point in time, it's possible he's a little overrated (such has been his rise in stock). Should we sell? For something like £40m plus Nketiah (since we'd need an immediate replacement), I'd be tempted. Really, though, if not too late, the new manager should have their say.

Also, this.