IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Was wondering why the DCL thread was getting so much traffic.

Unsure why I expected anything remotely on topic.

Pineapple on pizza is brilliant, chicken curry pizza sounds incredible, this Rondon pizza sounds like it would be a lead weight in your stomach, and cheese on toast is just the most British thing I could possibly imagine

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

....cheese on toast is just the most British thing I could possibly imagine

I believe the American equivalent, or at least the closest to it, would be a grilled cheese sandwich (toasted sandwich in English); but the problem with that is that you double the amount of bread thus halving the proportion of cheese, to the great detriment of the snack.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Best food in Singapore is Chilli Crab at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, Clarke Quay.

That may be the place where we had a business dinner on my first ever trip to Asia. From the menu, I chose 'drunken shrimp', not knowing the shrimp would still be alive. When I objected, they microwaved the dish for 30 seconds, killing all the shrimp.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

I believe the American equivalent, or at least the closest to it, would be a grilled cheese sandwich (toasted sandwich in English); but the problem with that is that you double the amount of bread thus halving the proportion of cheese, to the great detriment of the snack.

A really good grilled cheese will just increase the volume of cheese in the middle. I make a great grilled cheese, got my wife through pregnancy way more than any encouragement or support could. Three different types of cheese in the middle, loads of the stuff. It’s the only way!

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

A really good grilled cheese will just increase the volume of cheese in the middle. I make a great grilled cheese, got my wife through pregnancy way more than any encouragement or support could. Three different types of cheese in the middle, loads of the stuff. It’s the only way!

OK, stripping it down, didn't go here before because you guys can't handle the truth!

Toast one side, liberally butter untoasted side and then add onion, tomato and mushroom thinly sliced then top with hundred year old cheddar (or just mature if you can't source the good stuff) and melt to taste. 

Add just the right amount (you know or you don't, takes practice) of Lea and Perrins and loads of black pepper and consume; heaven on a plate.

If you know absolutely anything about football you will look at Harry Kane’s performance and this absolute lettuces performance and realise we have an absolute conman. 

“He’s not fit” “He’s injured” he’s poor very poor. Playing with a man down.