IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's no way he's even 70% fit if you ask me. When Iwobi threaded a ball through to him to run on to there was absolutely no acceleration in his legs to get on the end of it.

I thought it was just because he started on his heels and not really expecting the ball to be played. The ball might have been a bit on the hard side but be was nowhere near it.

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's no way he's even 70% fit if you ask me. When Iwobi threaded a ball through to him to run on to there was absolutely no acceleration in his legs to get on the end of it.

I thought the same. He died after about 60 minutes, right after a nasty challenge.

He actually started well, won most of his duels and held the ball well. But didn’t seem to come out for the second half.

Wasn't a good game for him today, but I also wouldn’t say he looked like he didn’t care…. Like inevitably he will be accused of by some.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought it was just because he started on his heels and not really expecting the ball to be played. The ball might have been a bit on the hard side but be was nowhere near it.

I really don't think he had it in him, Bailey. I think we're playing him in the hope he can get his fitness up quickly but it's not happening and it's leading to us not being able to keep the ball up the pitch. So Frank is going to have to make a decision in these final few games as to whether we can afford to give him the time.

He looked totally unfit, he was blowing bubbles early in the second half, timing completely out when jumping for headers, and not pressing like he used to. but he did cause their defenders a few issues. To me it’s either he’s not fit, or he is on his way and isn’t interested, if that’s the case don’t play him. The roar he got when he did make a challenge was huge, so it’s not as if he doesn’t know we want him to do well, but he needs to do more.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope that’s all true, and no reason to not believe him, but today he didn’t look very interested. The one thing disappointing me the most was when we scored and he didn’t celebrate with the team. It’s just not like him at all. Desperately needs a goal. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I hope that’s all true, and no reason to not believe him, but today he didn’t look very interested. The one thing disappointing me the most was when we scored and he didn’t celebrate with the team. It’s just not like him at all. Desperately needs a goal. 

I don’t believe it and I don’t think it came from dom either.  What’s with the image? Bloody vanity. 

He’s talking as though he’s being measured on goals, insult to Dverton fans. He’s never been prolific - it’s effort we want. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ll take his word for it when he says he’s giving 100% who am I to say he’s lying, now if what I’m seeing is him giving 100% then for me it’s very much time to except he isn’t good enough to play for us. Most Evertonian’s know he isn’t a prolific goal scorer bar one blue moon phase at the beginning of last season his goals per games ratio is quite poor, but what we liked from him was his work rate and fight, he defended from the front gave defenders a hard time and brought others into play by holding the ball up, we aren’t seeing that anymore yet he says he’s giving 100% does that mean he’s at his max and there’s no room left in him for improvement. 

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or this is just his 100% that he has right now but going a long his 100% will improve.

I don't feel comfortable with the judgements being made about him at the moment (not aimed at you Palf, I'm talking in general). He doesn't care, he's not trying, he wants out... We've all moaned about the way the media have targeted Dele and cast aspersions about his attitude and commitment etc without having a clue what is going on but then you've got a section of our fanbase doing exactly the same thing about DCL.

I understand what you mean with the slurs on his character and I don’t want to go down that route, I personally find it difficult to believe any player would go on the pitch and not try or care whether they are happy or not. That has been aimed at a few players here over the years, Schneiderlin comes to mind, when the reality was he lost his ability and drive and couldn’t regain it, even a move didn’t work for him, this is what concerns me about DCL has he lost something or found a level that he can’t get above any more. He said he’s giving 100% and I do believe him whether what we’ve seen from him in the past is still with him only time will tell. 

He didn’t have a good game yesterday/ nothing went for him. 
I did see so many no clues in the ground though. People saying he is jumping to early, when he was yards away and was just jumping to get in front of defenders. (Basic’s, even if you can’t win it… jump)  and people screaming to close down when he was twenty yards away from the ball. …. Ye kill your energy for nothing. Manager will love that.

But his touch was clearly not there. His passing was awful, and he offered nothing attacking wise.  But look at him when he went off, he looked shattered. He didn’t look like a player who doesn’t care. He likes like a player that was trying but failing.

Did anyone notice where all their attacks came from first half? Down our right. Simple one, twos played around Gordon because he didn’t run with the player.

One gets criticised while another gets plaudits. This is football and the reason why goals are so important.

Not slating Gordon by the way. Love the lad and think he makes up for his failings by sheer guts and courage. Just pointing out the fine lines that football fans slip either side of.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or this is just his 100% that he has right now but going a long his 100% will improve.

I don't feel comfortable with the judgements being made about him at the moment (not aimed at you Palf, I'm talking in general). He doesn't care, he's not trying, he wants out... We've all moaned about the way the media have targeted Dele and cast aspersions about his attitude and commitment etc without having a clue what is going on but then you've got a section of our fanbase doing exactly the same thing about DCL.

Ok let’s accept the fact he does care….. he just cares a lot less than players like Iwobi who several times yesterday ran 30 yards to press a player that dcl couldn’t be arsed pressing. 

hes either not fit or he doesn’t care, but for me he’s walking off the pitch sulking when he’s subbed - compare that to when Gordon or Delph were subbed - they had left it all on the pitch. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I did see so many no clues in the ground though. People saying he is jumping to early, when he was yards away and was just jumping to get in front of defenders. (Basic’s, even if you can’t win it… jump)  and people screaming to close down when he was twenty yards away from the ball. …. Ye kill your energy for nothing. Manager will love that.

But his touch was clearly not there. His passing was awful, and he offered nothing attacking wise.  But look at him when he went off, he looked shattered. He didn’t look like a player who doesn’t care. He likes like a player that was trying but failing.

Did anyone notice where all their attacks came from first half? Down our right. Simple one, twos played around Gordon because he didn’t run with the player.

One gets criticised while another gets plaudits. This is football and the reason why goals are so important.

Not slating Gordon by the way. Love the lad and think he makes up for his failings by sheer guts and courage. Just pointing out the fine lines that football fans slip either side of.

Last season everyone used to applaud Dom for getting up in the air early and beating the defender to the ball. Now its a sign of him being out of form. 

You are completely right about Gordon too. He even 'bottled' a couple of challenges. Had that been Dom, Iwobi or Keane a section of fans would be up in arms but they aren't because its the current golden boy. 

Give it a few months though 🤣

33 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Last season everyone used to applaud Dom for getting up in the air early and beating the defender to the ball. Now its a sign of him being out of form. 

You are completely right about Gordon too. He even 'bottled' a couple of challenges. Had that been Dom, Iwobi or Keane a section of fans would be up in arms but they aren't because its the current golden boy. 

Give it a few months though 🤣

You do realise the advantage of getting up early for a header is lost if you have jumped that early that you are back on the floor by the time the ball is above your head? 

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You do realise the advantage of getting up early for a header is lost if you have jumped that early that you are back on the floor by the time the ball is above your head? 

The example was jumping to distract the defender when he couldn’t get near. You have to jump early because there’s no point jumping if the ball is already past you. 
He actually did it a few times and Maguire headed an easy ball out for a throw because of it. But that’s lost on most.

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The example was jumping to distract the defender when he couldn’t get near. You have to jump early because there’s no point jumping if the ball is already past you. 
He actually did it a few times and Maguire headed an easy ball out for a throw because of it. But that’s lost on most.

He could have won the headers though!

If he was in the same position as the defender that he was trying to put off, then it is because both players anticipated the arc of the ball to be reachable in that vicinity.  So why would he jump so early to miss it?!

ffs mate, just stop, that’s an embarrassing shout. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

The sooner we get rid of this show pony the better. Fit, returning from injury or out for 3 months I find him infuriating. His job is to score goals, lead from the front but he’s believing his own hype with photoshoots and the likes. Some team will either be stupid enough (United) or desperate enough for a striker (Arsenal) to pay top dollar. I say use that money for someone like Tammy Abrahams or that young kid Noni Madueke who is at PSV Eindhoven. They’re both hungry and would bring some energy to the front line. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He could have won the headers though!

If he was in the same position as the defender that he was trying to put off, then it is because both players anticipated the arc of the ball to be reachable in that vicinity.  So why would he jump so early to miss it?!

ffs mate, just stop, that’s an embarrassing shout. 

Stay on track mate. I’ve made it pretty clear I was talking about the times when he isn’t close enough to challenge the player for the header. Don’t try to drag it somewhere else. 

Haha now your blaming him for not being on the place where the ball was played. Ffs mate that’s getting desperate. If Pickford plays the ball to left side of the pitch when he is on the right…. He can’t magically appear in front of the defender, that is a pathetic shout.
He won plenty of headers that he challenged for and you know that full well.

Gonna leave this one alone i think. Getting a bit daft now and past the point of discussion.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Stay on track mate. I’ve made it pretty clear I was talking about the times when he isn’t close enough to challenge the player for the header. Don’t try to drag it somewhere else. 

Haha now your blaming him for not being on the place where the ball was played. Ffs mate that’s getting desperate. If Pickford plays the ball to left side of the pitch when he is on the right…. He can’t magically appear in front of the defender, that is a pathetic shout.
He won plenty of headers that he challenged for and you know that full well.

Gonna leave this one alone i think. Getting a bit daft now and past the point of discussion.

So you are handpicking moments where he wasn’t near the man but jumping in order to not win the ball was a clever thing to do???

ok mate, you will have to get a fillip of this as this is desperate to say the least.

if my irritation of dom is annoying it’s cos I don’t want Everton relegated and  I see a player “who I have been told 100% does not want to be here” giving 60%. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So you are handpicking moments where he wasn’t near the man but jumping in order to not win the ball was a clever thing to do???

ok mate, you will have to get a fillip of this as this is desperate to say the least.

if my irritation of dom is annoying it’s cos I don’t want Everton relegated and  I see a player “who I have been told 100% does not want to be here” giving 60%. 

My irritation mate is that I commented on certain moments I saw. You’ve then extended on that and are now coming back at me as I’m still talking about my original point.

And yes it is a “clever” thing to do. You’ve played at a decent level Haf, you know this is coached from bottom level to top. 
Can’t win the ball? Still jump. Not close enough to challenge? Still jump!

I get your upset with him, I want him to succeed, but even I’m starting to worry. And if I’m honest, if he left…. It wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. I commented that he had a bad game, and is off it. But I still back him as I feel he is working and trying. And I will give him credit when due, like setting up a chance for Richie on Saturday, or winning headers against arguably one of the best defensive headers of the ball in the premier league. Which before anyone says he didn’t…. I have BT coverage proving he did haha.

Haf, you’ve gone off him for your own reasons. I still back him for my own reasons. So I’m going to back off and say your reasons are fine.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

My irritation mate is that I commented on certain moments I saw. You’ve then extended on that and are now coming back at me as I’m still talking about my original point.

And yes it is a “clever” thing to do. You’ve played at a decent level Haf, you know this is coached from bottom level to top. 
Can’t win the ball? Still jump. Not close enough to challenge? Still jump!

I get your upset with him, I want him to succeed, but even I’m starting to worry. And if I’m honest, if he left…. It wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. I commented that he had a bad game, and is off it. But I still back him as I feel he is working and trying. And I will give him credit when due, like setting up a chance for Richie on Saturday, or winning headers against arguably one of the best defensive headers of the ball in the premier league. Which before anyone says he didn’t…. I have BT coverage proving he did haha.

Haf, you’ve gone off him for your own reasons. I still back him for my own reasons. So I’m going to back off and say your reasons are fine.

I’ve been told by several sources now that he wanted out and unless something dramatically changed he will be gone in the summer.

I don’t think he’s the most discreet lad on the planet, a good few people have told me in a manner that makes me think it’s not idle talk.  Much of it stems from people working on his house.

I’m not arsed if he is going and that he knows he’s going….. we all knew Gana was off yet he ran his plums off for us. That’s all we want from dcl but there is a perfect storm. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’ve been told by several sources now that he wanted out and unless something dramatically changed he will be gone in the summer.

Go on, just tell us who they are. It’ll actually make this thread more interesting. You know you’re tempted. 😂

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Go on, just tell us who they are. It’ll actually make this thread more interesting. You know you’re tempted. 😂

Nothing too juicy, it may be bollocks but very very unlikely to be.  

put it this way……. Ffp, our liaising with the league over signings etc.  it makes absolutely no sense that we were allowed to spend on 2 full backs unless we were able to give assurances that we are selling an asset.  We couldn’t have sold him in January - I wish we did and somehow managed to get someone in. I know we tried but failed.