IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Might have helped if we had any sort of midfield to supply him with even a whiff of the ball, so I found it impossible to judge him last night.

Definitely an element of this too. 

Even the small sniffs he had though he was well off (to be expected). 

Let's all be honest the truth is he's not good enough to lead a team desperate for goals, sorry if that upsets any of you but he won't be firing us up the league. He missed an open header that he completely balls'd up, then a perfect pass to his feet splitting to defenders in the area and his first touch was woeful. Top strikers need to make the most of any chances they get in this league, and he isn't able to do so. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let's all be honest the truth is he's not good enough to lead a team desperate for goals, sorry if that upsets any of you but he won't be firing us up the league. He missed an open header that he completely balls'd up, then a perfect pass to his feet splitting to defenders in the area and his first touch was woeful. Top strikers need to make the most of any chances they get in this league, and he isn't able to do so. 

There was a header on a corner that I was surprised he didn't put away. He's still just coming back from injury, so he needs some time to gel, but I'm also worried that he's just not going to score a lot in this type of team and the way we're playing. He's not a clinical striker in my opinion, and he's not going to create chances from nothing like a Richarlison could, for example. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He gave the illusion of being a goal scorer when he was getting crosses into 6 yard box when we had Richarlison and James.   He’s not a goal scorer but he’s a target man. We don’t have a goalscorer

He's a poacher and a target man. We need wingers doing their job before we judge his return. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He's a poacher and a target man. We need wingers doing their job before we judge his return. 

I think most strikers can be a poacher when you have balls getting fired across the 6 yard box. I can’t recall a time where I’ve seen him collect the ball outside the box and score. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think most strikers can be a poacher when you have balls getting fired across the 6 yard box. I can’t recall a time where I’ve seen him collect the ball outside the box and score. 

Don't agree. Poaching is all about timing, strikers are more about hitting the ball well. DCL isn't, wasn't and never will be a striker. He's a CF that's best at poaching. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't agree. Poaching is all about timing, strikers are more about hitting the ball well. DCL isn't, wasn't and never will be a striker. He's a CF that's best at poaching. 

I’m struggling to remember the last time he’s poached a goal in all honesty. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

West Ham in league cup for one, cracking volley, stop killing the lad, let him get match fit, give him some service, then judge.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

West Ham in league cup for one, cracking volley, stop killing the lad, let him get match fit, give him some service, then judge.

I’m not killing him. I’m merely explaining that he’s been built up to be a player that he’s not. He’s a great target man and athlete. He’s not a goal scorer. 

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not killing him. I’m merely explaining that he’s been built up to be a player that he’s not. He’s a great target man and athlete. He’s not a goal scorer. 

Except he is, when he's fit and when there's some support. Like any player leading a line really. 

He could be better, but he isn't a striker. He's the hold up, link up player you always wanted. 

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Except he is, when he's fit and when there's some support. Like any player leading a line really. 

He could be better, but he isn't a striker. He's the hold up, link up player you always wanted. 

Statistically he’s not a goalscorer, 1 in 3.6.   I was happy with his output when he worked the channels, battled centre halves. I’d take 11 goals a season from him if he can get back to that battling hard running front man. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Statistically he’s not a goalscorer, 1 in 3.6.   I was happy with his output when he worked the channels, battled centre halves. I’d take 11 goals a season from him if he can get back to that battling hard running front man. 

And he will, with time. He's been out a long time, it will take a few months before he's up and running again. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Hey Haf, DCL says to go fuck yourself  🤣

You seem to think I’ve got a downer on him blue….  I was backing this lad from  the days when he was called Bambi and way before you had your Gomes type idolisation of him. 

don’t you worry about my views on players they are linked to performance and attitude, not fanboyism like your good self.