IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I only saw the goal at Palace and it was a great passage of play from him. One of my biggest critiques of him is that he doesn't create enough for himself, but not only did he win the ball to start the move but he took a great touch, bullied Guehi out the way and finished the move as well. 

Watching the Fulham game, he again looked rusty. Service was poor but when he got the ball he wasted it by either making poor decisions, taking a poor touch or misplacing passes. 

Most concerningly Maupay comes on and adds absolutely nothing. Everton got to him very quickly! 🤣

23 hours ago, Bailey said:

I only saw the goal at Palace and it was a great passage of play from him. One of my biggest critiques of him is that he doesn't create enough for himself, but not only did he win the ball to start the move but he took a great touch, bullied Guehi out the way and finished the move as well. 

Watching the Fulham game, he again looked rusty. Service was poor but when he got the ball he wasted it by either making poor decisions, taking a poor touch or misplacing passes. 

Most concerningly Maupay comes on and adds absolutely nothing. Everton got to him very quickly! 🤣

Maupay is a completely different type of player. He definitely adds something, with his energy and movement, but he benefits from a different style of play than DC-L. You can't really compare the two.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Maupay is a completely different type of player. He definitely adds something, with his energy and movement, but he benefits from a different style of play than DC-L. You can't really compare the two.

Exactly but I'm still convinced they'd work well together 

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think the same Matt.

Dom winning balls and being a complete nuisance, with Maupay the intelligent one reading Doms wins and flick ons.

I can see where you're both coming from, but I can't see Frank changing the 433 formation that would allow them to play up top together, such as a 442. So curious to how you think we would setup for them to play together. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I can see where you're both coming from, but I can't see Frank changing the 433 formation that would allow them to play up top together, such as a 442. So curious to how you think we would setup for them to play together. 

I still think a 442 diamond would be ideal but we'll probably never know. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I didn't compare them. 

I agree they are very different. Whilst Maupay hit the ground running, he has dropped off quite a lot since and his impact from the bench has been limited.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Exactly but I'm still convinced they'd work well together 

I can see that too. Like others have said though, I don't see us setting up that way apart from a last hurrah when we need a goal. 

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

It could work as another option with Maupay playing a false 10.

This would mean either a rest for Iwobi (he will need one at some point) or just a switch in tactics. 
I agree, I couldn’t see it being an option Frank would want to convert to…. Just another option.

22 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This would mean either a rest for Iwobi (he will need one at some point) or just a switch in tactics. 
I agree, I couldn’t see it being an option Frank would want to convert to…. Just another option.

That makes sense. If/When Iwobi gets a break, we'll have to go more direct and 2 hard workers leading the line feeding off each other is a good option. 

53 minutes ago, RPG said:

Pickford

Patterson Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko

Iwobi/Gordon Gana Garner Onana

Maupay

DCL

Or, Midfield 4 of Iwobi/Gordon  Gana/Garner  Onana & McNeil

Likewise, I’ve thought about replacing Gray and Gordon with Garner and Maupay, but we’d lose a lot of width. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

It's good options when you consider the weaknesses in the team is not scoring and taking our chances, it's a difficult one but sometimes you need to try something different, especially as most think the same that Frank probably won't want to change the setup, he still has to come up with something. But before you answer that where have you been the last a couple of weeks, I hope all's well mate?

Lampard said he has a hamstring injury but it isn't expected to be a bad one. 

It won't do his chances of going to the world cup any good but I don't think he is playing well enough to be considered anyway given the form of other English forwards at the moment. Hopefully the break will give him lots of time to recover.

On 02/11/2022 at 17:17, Palfy said:

It's good options when you consider the weaknesses in the team is not scoring and taking our chances, it's a difficult one but sometimes you need to try something different, especially as most think the same that Frank probably won't want to change the setup, he still has to come up with something. But before you answer that where have you been the last a couple of weeks, I hope all's well mate?

Just been working flat out mate. 
Business is hard at the moment so having to put in so much time and effort, getting home and just flaking out haha.

Wine fridge is empty, need to get it restocked so I can join in again 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just been working flat out mate. 
Business is hard at the moment so having to put in so much time and effort, getting home and just flaking out haha.

Wine fridge is empty, need to get it restocked so I can join in again 😉

Work ruins your life just as much as improving it. Try and get the fridge stocked up mate and bring the old Shukes back👊