IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

20 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The shout from the media 'experts' that has really pissed me off lately is that England's Pickford has now turned up.

These idiots clearly have not actually watched us for a while because he has probably been our most consistently good player over the past 18 months.

👊👏👏👏

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Voted for by the public (I think) so I was fully expecting him to be shafted by the general hate for him and us, but won despite that; anyone who voted anything else is a moron.

It says in the article 

Pickford wins the award after receiving the most combined votes from the public and a panel of football experts.

No idea what the breakdown is but yeah I was thinking the same

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2022 at 16:29, MikeO said:

Voted for by the public (I think) so I was fully expecting him to be shafted by the general hate for him and us, but won despite that; anyone who voted anything else is a moron.

I actually didn't realise how much other clubs fans dislike him, until I read something the other day where the world and his mate were calling for JP to be dropped for Ramsdale.

Ramsdale not a patch on Pickford for me... And literally as I'm typing this he's just been beaten at his near post.

7 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

I actually didn't realise how much other clubs fans dislike him, until I read something the other day where the world and his mate were calling for JP to be dropped for Ramsdale.

Ramsdale not a patch on Pickford for me... And literally as I'm typing this he's just been beaten at his near post.

Which will be brushed under the carpet like it never happened. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Just when you thought Newcastle fans couldn’t be more unbearable, they have signed nick pope….. their obsession with us is gonna be 1000x worse.   They will see Pickford at the enemy to their bog being England keeper. 

Congratulations to them for signing England's number 3. What a massive achievement.

Nick Pope is just another who isn't even close to Jordan, so let them have their obsession.

5 hours ago, Fosse Captain said:

This. 

Pickford clear No1. 
Shouldn’t really be a discussion but media do love it don’t they 

Sadly, for me the whole scenario is more than a little reminiscent of Joe Hart.  Media decided he wasn't good enough, and then everyone and their mate jumped on board. I'm just hoping JP is stronger mentally than Hart was, and it doesn't have the same impact on his career.

Pickford is head and shoulders the best keeper England have at their disposal, no matter how much the papers try to twist it.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Congratulations to them for signing England's number 3. What a massive achievement.

Nick Pope is just another who isn't even close to Jordan, so let them have their obsession.

I couldn’t give a shit if Pickford plays for England or not - the only thing I care about is that he doesn’t not get picked cos his club form is shit.  

Pope is a very good keeper, there is no getting away from that. The annoyance will be the noise from them no doubt led by shearer on motd whenever he is man of the match.   It will happen, now pope is playing for a team that the press and pundits will talk about it’s free news space and shit that we don’t need. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I couldn’t give a shit if Pickford plays for England or not - the only thing I care about is that he doesn’t not get picked cos his club form is shit.  

Pope is a very good keeper, there is no getting away from that. The annoyance will be the noise from them no doubt led by shearer on motd whenever he is man of the match.   It will happen, now pope is playing for a team that the press and pundits will talk about it’s free news space and shit that we don’t need. 

I agree about not caring if he plays for England or not unless it affects his performances for us. 

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I care about how he plays for Everton when Everton play. 
I care about how he plays for England when England play. 

Don’t know why an English Evertonian wouldn’t, but each to their own. 

Because we also know that if he’s at fault for something for England he will get absolutely destroyed. I’d sooner someone else have that chalice

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I remember in the Eighties how proud I was when we turned out with every player in the first team being an International. 

I still feel that pride today when an Everton player represents his country.

28 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I remember in the Eighties how proud I was when we turned out with every player in the first team being an International. 

I still feel that pride today when an Everton player represents his country.

I agree with the sentiment but do you really think the first part is true?

Find it difficult to believe we played much, if at all without at least one of John Bailey, Alan Harper, Derek Mountfield, Kevin Richardson (got his one England cap as an Arsenal player), Adrian Heath, Paul Wilkinson, Neil Pointon, Paul Power, Ian Snodin or Wayne Clarke in the team.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Find it difficult to believe we played much, if at all without at least one of John Bailey, Alan Harper, Derek Mountfield, Kevin Richardson (got his one England cap as an Arsenal player), Adrian Heath, Paul Wilkinson, Neil Pointon, Paul Power, Ian Snodin or Wayne Clarke in the team.

I’m sure getting a cap was far harder years ago too.   Not as many meaningless fixtures, less subs, smaller squads. 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was a long time ago, but I used to count how many we had playing. Possibly 9 from the first team? 
I would be wounded when players didn’t make their country’s squads.

23 hours ago, StevO said:

For me personally, I don't understand national pride and never cared about England, Euros (1 exception when I met my wife) or WC really. Never have, never will.  

I want England to do well of course, but I can’t stand the crap with the media.  They historically have destroyed goalkeepers.   I don’t really know many if any keepers who were better at their clubs cos they play for England.  Seaman maybe but he had the best defence in front of him for years.