IGNORED

New shirt sponsor for next season?

Matt

Didn't do Stoke any harm infact they're owned by the owner of bet 365 aren't they?

I'm not saying it'd do us any harm, I just dislike the bookie involvement in the game and interminable TV ads.

"We're here for you to enhance your enjoyment". No you're not, you exist to part the gullible from their money and you cause much misery (though I appreciate many have the occasional harmless flutter).

I looked it up over a year ago. Every single Prem team is sponsored by a betting company. For some, they're a smaller sponsor but sponsor nonetheless. It's a massive conflict of interest.

Agreed. It's not only unbecoming. It's also dangerous to have betting intertwined with the game.

The Chang deal is uninspiring, but I'd rather not wear a shirt advertising a gambling site.

I looked it up over a year ago. Every single Prem team is sponsored by a betting company. For some, they're a smaller sponsor but sponsor nonetheless. It's a massive conflict of interest.

Think I was referring to the shirt sponsor. From the link;

Burnley & Sunderland - Dafabet

Swansea - BETEAST

Bournemouth & Crystal Palace - Mansion

Stoke City - Bet365

Watford - 138.com

West Brom - UK-K8.com

West Ham - Betway

We'd make 10.

Much prefer the beer sponsor tot gambling or pay day loan. Wouldn't mind keeping the Thai swill, especially if they make a competitive bid.

Never really like the idea of beer sponsoring either, but it's less offensive than a betting company.

I always wanted Facebook on our shirt, mostly because it would blend in with the colour of the shirt :D

• 2 weeks later...