IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

42 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Says you. I disagree, with the right development I believe they have a good chance.

Besides today's game is about squads, not just teams.

Agree. At the moment these players wouldn’t have a chance of getting into a top four team. But it’s down to coaching and training. 

Sone of these players were ahead of players that are playing for the top four now, when those players were at the same stage and age. Look at Harry Kane, Harry Winks, Man City’s golden kids... the list goes on.

Its no guarantee these players will make it to that level, but under the right management, they will have a much better chance.

On 15/04/2018 at 18:58, Elston Gunnn said:

Came on second half for Leipzig, scored excellent tying goal.  Energy, clever, a threat several times.

Wonder whether he’s looking forward to playing for Everton next season.

Is that the same as scoring the equaliser?:D

58 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Please don’t sell him. He is a player we should be looking at stepping up for next season.

Exciting young English player!

This 

The lad has all the attributes and room for growth to become a very good player, I see him being a very similar ability wise as Sterling who's massively underrated imo 

On 18/04/2018 at 01:46, Cornish Steve said:

We could do worse than build a team around our youngsters who won the World Cup.

Statistically if one of them players becomes a first team regular for us it would be above the trend, 2% of players coming through make it at premier league level. So if we got four or five it would be close to a miracle. 

Davies is a regular.

DCL has a decent return.

kenny had a good stint.

Lookman should have had more.

Dowell has had a successful loan in the championship.

Were already well above the statistical average, which is a testament to our development team.... pre Sam.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Statistically if one of them players becomes a first team regular for us it would be above the trend, 2% of players coming through make it at premier league level. So if we got four or five it would be close to a miracle. 

Maybe 50% of those chosen by the team make it to the U-23 team, of which 50% become regulars. Of that 25%, maybe 10% make it to the national team, and how many of those win the World Cup? That's already less than 2%. Let's not underestimate these very talented youngsters.

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Maybe 50% of those chosen by the team make it to the U-23 team, of which 50% become regulars. Of that 25%, maybe 10% make it to the national team, and how many of those win the World Cup? That's already less than 2%. Let's not underestimate these very talented youngsters.

Ask me about it again in three years Steve. We’ll see. 

At Everton we have seen some of the most talented prospects coming through, more than most other teams, they very rarely make it. 

There is a massive difference between being good in your own age group, like the under 20s, and being a top premier league player. 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Davies is a regular.

DCL has a decent return.

kenny had a good stint.

Lookman should have had more.

Dowell has had a successful loan in the championship.

Were already well above the statistical average, which is a testament to our development team.... pre Sam.

Davies has done very well. Yet go to the transfer window topic and everyone still wants a top midfielder to come in. So the lad has work to do, but he’s the most likely. 

DCL is a million miles away from being good enough to be a top premier league player. 

Kenny did well, but you can see the huge gap between his level and Seamus. 

Lookman has huge potential, massive. He needs to keep playing to have a chance to get there. 

Dowell has done great in the championship. Long way from the premier league though. 

As good as our development team have been, and they have been replaced many times over, we bought Lookman and DCL.

11 hours ago, StevO said:

You're missing the point that no England youth team has won a world Cup before. This should be an exceptional bunch. Take the example of the Germany U21 side that won the Euros in 2009, hammering England in the final. Half of that team were hammering England at the seniors World Cup a year later, and most were winning it in 2014. Statistics don't account for the fact that you do get four or five coming through at once, then nothing for several years. Look at Man Utd and the class of 92, or the Ajax team that won the Champions League in the 90s, or Barcelona a decade ago, or Real Madrid now. 

Bottom line is, they all have the talent to make it, we should be giving them all real opportunities to prove themselves. Imo Lookman has not been given that opportunity and I'll be fuming if he leaves. 

This isn’t t true of players of players who have already had a first team game. Those players are already in (I’d guess) the top 5% as the rest will have fell by the wayside already. 

If that fact were were right you’d of seen 98 out of 100 players playing a premiership match and not paying regularly again. 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

You're missing the point that no England youth team has won a world Cup before. This should be an exceptional bunch. Take the example of the Germany U21 side that won the Euros in 2009, hammering England in the final. Half of that team were hammering England at the seniors World Cup a year later, and most were winning it in 2014. Statistics don't account for the fact that you do get four or five coming through at once, then nothing for several years. Look at Man Utd and the class of 92, or the Ajax team that won the Champions League in the 90s, or Barcelona a decade ago, or Real Madrid now. 

Bottom line is, they all have the talent to make it, we should be giving them all real opportunities to prove themselves. Imo Lookman has not been given that opportunity and I'll be fuming if he leaves. 

I’m not missing the point nogs. We’ll see in the coming years. 

We are still a million miles behind the Germans. 

3 hours ago, barryj said:

This isn’t t true of players of players who have already had a first team game. Those players are already in (I’d guess) the top 5% as the rest will have fell by the wayside already. 

If that fact were were right you’d of seen 98 out of 100 players playing a premiership match and not paying regularly again. 

How many players in our starting 11 fir the first team came through?

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m not missing the point nogs. We’ll see in the coming years. 

We are still a million miles behind the Germans. 

I doubt if there are many teams in the World that have had four under 20 WC winning players in their squad though, if you add Davies in that makes five who were at that level at that age; think that puts us in a unique position in terms of potentially building around that core. It's not beyond the realms of fantasy that it could work if you also throw Pickford, Vlašić, Tosun, Gana and Baningime into the mix.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I doubt if there are many teams in the World that have had four under 20 WC winning players in their squad though, if you add Davies in that makes five who were at that level at that age; think that puts us in a unique position in terms of potentially building around that core. It's not beyond the realms of fantasy that it could work if you also throw Pickford, Vlašić, Tosun, Gana and Baningime into the mix.

It’ll be fantasy if we keep the current lump of lard in charge. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don’t disagree with the potential Mike, I just don’t for one minute think that many players will make the step up. Just don’t see it. 

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t disagree with the potential Mike, I just don’t for one minute think that many players will make the step up. Just don’t see it. 

Hopefully that statement will come back and haunt you as much as this one;).

United that day, Schmeichel, Neville, Parker, Pallister (O'Kane 59), Irwin, P. Neville (Beckham 45), Keane, Scholes, Butt, Sharpe, McClair