IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Think he might have a got a foot to a low cross, post and then tapped in. Needless to say he must be doing something right!

I watched the highlights and his shot/diversion from a great cross is what caused a very easy goal. He seemed to do really well from the bit that was covered in that edit. RB were wasteful in general, not even Lookman but the more established players. Again, that's from what I was able to see. 

Watching that clip also reminded me that I need to be following more Bundesliga.  

• 4 weeks later...

Lookman looked really good tonight. He’s so good on the ball. Dowell played well in parts as well. Nearly gave a goal away, but going forward he is dangerous.

DCL had a decent cameo as well. If he could learn to finish, he can be a real player. Has everything a forward needs.... other than finishing haha!

Kenny got some minutes as well and looked like a young Hibbert, solid and tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why he is mostly on the bench for them at this part of the season? He started for them almost every game when he arrived, but when I check on the line-ups he seems to always be on the bench.

edit - After checking WhoScored it turns out he has played around 200 minutes of football, 3 starts and 2 sub appearances since January. He also has 1 goals but has yet to create an assist.

Has this rumour come out of absolutely nowhere because although I haven't seen him play for RB yet, those statistics indicate to me that he has not actually impressed all that much.

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Does anyone know why he is mostly on the bench for them at this part of the season? He started for them almost every game when he arrived, but when I check on the line-ups he seems to always be on the bench.

edit - After checking WhoScored it turns out he has played around 200 minutes of football, 3 starts and 2 sub appearances since January. He also has 1 goals but has yet to create an assist.

Has this rumour come out of absolutely nowhere because although I haven't seen him play for RB yet, those statistics indicate to me that he has not actually impressed all that much.

RB Leipzig have their own attacking talent out wide so he was only ever going to be a bit part player. He has mainly been used at weekends when the first choice wingers have played in the Europa League midweek. 

From what I have read he has only shown a little more than he showed here, which is pretty much all I expected. He has played more than anticipated too which is a bonus. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

yeah this is what i said when he went there, they have werner and bruma and forsberg (who was injured) who when fit make lookman a bench player.  i don't know why he's so highly rated, he cost us close to 10m and hasn't shown much (in the bundesliga either) other than flashes of potential.  Vlasic was around the same price and he's looked a lot more polished (albeit still has a way to go).  seems a lot to pay for a supposed diamond in the rough.  contrast DCL was 1.5m, he's not looked any better but considering the price you think he was a bargain and will return a solid fee even if he ends up a championship player.

Lookman will be a top player, he just needs development. I know we compare him with Vlasic and I see why... but honestly there’s a massive difference. Vlasic will end up a squad player. Lookman will end up a first teamer, for us or elsewhere.

Lookman looks a step above for the England U21s for example. I know that’s not a glowing reference, but watching him, you can see that all he needs is hunger.

With Vlasic it’s the other way around. He has the hunger and enthusiasm, but he lacks the ability.... as we saw after his first two games for us, he dropped off alarmingly.

Its early days for both of them and opinions will vary. But I would be willing to spend a month or so in the Vaults if Vlasic surpasses Lookman. If I’m wrong I’ll even go to Goodison while Sams there, that’s how sure I am.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Lookman will be a top player, he just needs development. I know we compare him with Vlasic and I see why... but honestly there’s a massive difference. Vlasic will end up a squad player. Lookman will end up a first teamer, for us or elsewhere.

Lookman looks a step above for the England U21s for example. I know that’s not a glowing reference, but watching him, you can see that all he needs is hunger.

With Vlasic it’s the other way around. He has the hunger and enthusiasm, but he lacks the ability.... as we saw after his first two games for us, he dropped off alarmingly.

Its early days for both of them and opinions will vary. But I would be willing to spend a month or so in the Vaults if Vlasic surpasses Lookman. If I’m wrong I’ll even go to Goodison while Sams there, that’s how sure I am.

I see the opposite to be honest. Vlasic looks like a player, someone who reads the game and picks passes, whereas Lookman is a typical head down winger who looks good at a lower level where he has more time and space to dribble past players and get a shot away.

I find Lookman incredibly frustrating. You watch him for England U21s and he looks quality - running past people, confident, always looking to go forward with the ball and looks like he has a trick in him. Then he plays for us and is mostly interested in passing backwards, barely looks to run with the ball and is very reluctant to take anyone on. 

It’s like watching two different players. 

Romey that’s probably down to our manager. For England it’s all about attack at U21 level. For us it’s the opposite.

Bailey. It’s funny how people read the game differently. I see Vlasic as too immature for us at the moment as he tends to lose the ball in our half too much. He is exciting. But with our team as bad as it is right now, he would be another mistake to add to the mix. Lookman for me is trying to be too mature sometimes instead of enjoying himself.

What we really want is both of them to progress.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I find Lookman incredibly frustrating. You watch him for England U21s and he looks quality - running past people, confident, always looking to go forward with the ball and looks like he has a trick in him. Then he plays for us and is mostly interested in passing backwards, barely looks to run with the ball and is very reluctant to take anyone on. 

Maybe because Boothroyd lets him express himself rather than whatever garbage Koeman and Allardyce have fed him. 

On 02/04/2018 at 16:58, Shukes said:

Romey that’s probably down to our manager. For England it’s all about attack at U21 level. For us it’s the opposite.

Bailey. It’s funny how people read the game differently. I see Vlasic as too immature for us at the moment as he tends to lose the ball in our half too much. He is exciting. But with our team as bad as it is right now, he would be another mistake to add to the mix. Lookman for me is trying to be too mature sometimes instead of enjoying himself.

What we really want is both of them to progress.

I don't see it that way when comparing the two. I think Lookman is the one that gives away the silly balls and turns into trouble and I also think he is more predictable. He has however not as exposed as this level so he needs to learn his trade more than Vlasic who has played at a better level, albeit in a different league.

On 02/04/2018 at 16:54, Romey 1878 said:

I think it might be as simple as playing against men and playing against boys. Sandro is the same. A lot of the stuff he can get away with in the 21s he can' get away with in men's footy. 

• 2 weeks later...