IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Wow, Johnson properly torn a new onešŸ˜‚

Ā 

Well deserved though wouldnā€™t you agree. Also the bitterness against others to try and detract from his own personal failings is sad, I hope Tory voters and the party never give him the opportunity to return to parliament ever again. Ā Putting it politely as I can heā€™s a fucking arsehole.Ā 

Johnson gets seven supporters in the vote on the privileges committee report, they should hang their heads in shame.

Also why are news outlets still calling it the "partygate" report? Partygate has already been dealt with, this is about the obnoxious cnut knowingly lying to parliament.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Johnson gets seven supporters in the vote on the privileges committee report, they should hang their heads in shame.

Also why are news outlets still calling it the "partygate" report? Partygate has already been dealt with, this is about the obnoxious cnut knowingly lying to parliament.

The cowards that refused to vote should be ashamed also. Sunak being the biggest one.

If any MP who abstained from the vote the local party should refuse to accept them as their next election candidate, and if they do then the local voters shouldnā€™t vote for them. The British public needs to understand that apathy wonā€™t change the outcome of poor politicians that donā€™t do what decent people expect of them, letā€™s get rid of the corruption whilst we are still able to. Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RPG said:

Just playing devils advocate here so donā€™t shoot the messenger.

Letā€™s look at the NHS.

A senior consultant is on circa Ā£125k a year. But all NHS consultants look like going on strike as their pay, in real terms, has been eroded by 35% in the last few years and they have only been offered 6%. They are not asking for a 35% pay rise but a structured agreement which, over a period of several years, reinstates their eroded salary.

If a consultant goes on strike, that can shut down entire hospital teams and departments.

The NHS is already short of consultants and many consultants that are currently employed by the NHS are now looking to leave.

The fact of the matter is that market forces dictate that either the consultants get what they are asking for or the NHS loses yet more senior expertise - to the private sector and overseas.

Is this governmentā€™s refusal to pay the going rate for a consultant the right thing to do to contain costs or is it an attempt by government to further weaken the NHS and prepare it for total privatisation?

On Ā£125k a year, donā€™t consultants ā€˜have enough already?ā€™

Discuss.

I think the government are out of touch with public opinions when it comes to the public pay sectorā€™s under their control. Pay in the NHS needs to reflect that of the private health sector so as to keep the best people possible to provide the services we require. Is Ā£125k enough money the answer would be no if they can earn a lot more being a private consultant or leaving to go to work in other countries, or yes if itā€™s comparable with other sectors or countries. I have health insurance which I used for my knee replacement a few weeks ago, I didnā€™t want to travel so chose my local private hospital, I had a choice of 6 consultant surgeons 4 who only work privately and 2 who still work in the NHS, I googled them all and read their reviews and profiles I chose one of consultants who still works in NHS, we need to keep people like them in the NHS or risk losing them and possibly lose the NHS, which a long with our Armed Forces were the envy of the world, but both are being taken to the brink by successive governments. Ā 

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

The video is the worst type of biassed reporting I have seen in a long time - and it is up against some stiff competition.

If you want biased misinformation you should try watching Farage and his ilk on GB News (gbeebies) or the equally racist morons on TalkTV. Maitless is an amateur compared to those hate filled propagandists. UK versions of the vile Fox news (and others) in America.

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

We are talking about the extremely biassed nature of the video that you uploaded Mike.

You referenced other biased reporting....

"....worst type of biassed reporting I have seen in a long time - and it is up against some stiff competition."

...so I just gave some thoughts in response to your answer.

On 08/08/2023 at 18:28, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66440335

Can't believe I'm praising Italian politics and financial approach, but good on them!

I feel like it will probably have a long term negative impact on the country.Ā 

The banks will probably be less likely to lend, making it harder and more expensuve for individuals and businesses to do so. Shortage of investment can lead to job losses across a number of sectors.

It will likely ward off banking investments in Italy, because why would they. Such a drastic measure, which is likely to cost the industry billions (that had only just got back on its feet after long term struggles), will also then raise concerns to other industries looking to invest in Italy about whether they can trust the Italian government.

I can imagine a few pension pots have been hit too.

It is a reactionary political and populist move which is nothing more than an attempt to keep them in power and not a long-term economic strategy in the best interests of the country as a whole. I would also love to see what the average man and woman will actually see from this as I suspect they will only be poorer for it.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just when you think Tory morality (now there's an oxymoron) could sink no lower...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66642878

Fucking hell the BBC are shit now. Loosening and scrapping are not the same thing. Still a repugnant thing to consider though, especially when all the privatised water company's (think that was a Tory thing too right?) are already releasing sewage into rivers and beaches...

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just when you think Tory morality (now there's an oxymoron) could sink no lower...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66642878

If the government want to inject life into the housing industry turning more land over for building especially in environmentally protected areas isnā€™t going to make any difference, the land banks of all the big house builders are bigger than they ever been. If they want to stimulate the housing market to help the economy, then work on getting inflation down and cutting interest rates, and not by giving builders more land to build on in sensitive areas for them to just stick in their land banks.Ā