IGNORED

Swansea City (Away) Saturday May 6th

markjazzbassist

Swansea played with understandable passion. We played with an irritating lack of passion. The other major difference was that their defense in the box was excellent (except for that Mirallas flick near the end), whereas ours, especially Jagielka's, was disorganized.

People keep saying this. "Swansea played with passion" etc etc.

Swansea looked poor, defended averagely.

We looked very bad.

Whatever Ron says to these lads at half time, he needs to say before the game! Much better 2nd half. How many times have we had shit 1st halves this season?!

Barkley looked good when he came on. I liked the look of Kenny too, his variety of crosses was much better than Holgate's constant floats (his weakness as a RB in my opinion).

Both Lukaku and Mirallas looked much better in the 2nd half.

End of the day, we can't break down teams when they have 7 players rammed in and around the box.

We all know where we need to improve for next season.

Guest rusty747

Whatever Ron says to these lads at half time, he needs to say before the game! Much better 2nd half. How many times have we had shit 1st halves this season?!

Barkley looked good when he came on. I liked the look of Kenny too, his variety of crosses was much better than Holgate's constant floats (his weakness as a RB in my opinion).

Both Lukaku and Mirallas looked much better in the 2nd half.

End of the day, we can't break down teams when they have 7 players rammed in and around the box.

We all know where we need to improve for next season.

Yep,

Two new 'keepers, a right back, 2 cbs, a left back, a couple of quality midfielders (3 if Ross leaves), a couple of wingers and a centre forward - 2 if Rom goes.

Swansea looked poor, defended averagely.

Don't agree here. They pressed a lot, yet got back with numbers behind the ball as we tried to find a seam near the box. Whereas several times as they moved forward with the ball, we did our too-usual backing off, giving them plenty of space. And their defending in the box was far superior to ours. Though I concede that last point might be a left-handed compliment.

Utter dogshit. Davies and Holgate the only ones not in holiday. Play the u23s next week. Sometimes you don't appreciate players until they're out of the team. Statistically third best, and hopefully back in goal next week. Take a step forward Joel Robles.

Last moan over Baines and Jagielka's career how many times have they been done like that?

That was so meh.

What I found telling is that Lukaku for a big part of the game looked the most likely to create a chance for someone else. That's not what we want at all, and then that further highlighted how shit we are at getting people into the box - twice Lukaku fired balls across the box and one time Jagielka (!) was the only person there, and then Mirallas I think was the only one there on the other occasion.

When that's the case the midfield are not doing their job.

Stop playing Calvert-Lewin out wide, I beg. And please play Kenny ahead of Holgate - have a RB that can attack.

Edited by Romey 1878

That was so meh.

What I found telling is that Lukaku for a big part of the game looked the most likely to create a chance for someone else. That's not what we want at all, and then that further highlighted how shit we are at getting people into the box - twice Lukaku fired balls across the box and one time Jagielka (!) was the only person there, and then Mirallas I think was the only one there on the other occasion.

When that's the case the midfield are not doing their job.

Stop playing Calvert-Lewin out wide, I beg. And please play Kenny ahead of Holgate - have a RB that can attack.

I've said somewhere else, play Kenny and move Mason into CB. Not that he'll make a massive difference if Stek is still in goal mind you