IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

20 minutes ago, Makis said:

We are in a poor position negotiation-wise. Monaco know we still couldn't get a WP so  what is the club going to do?

Just sell and maybe add a clause for a cut of any future transfer.

Aye, I think a %age of any future deal is more likely. But Monaco also know that we can probably send him off somewhere else too, so we still have a fair bit of a say. All depends on how much they want to take him I guess 

This just sounds the typical fan stuff. We want to pick other club's players for next to nothing while our guys who have hardly played should cost tens of millions. And while we don't want any clauses when the club buys someone of course other clubs willingly add them to any deals where they buy one of our players.

Basically this is "we are special" stuff which I'd leave to that other lot across the park.

8 minutes ago, Makis said:

This just sounds the typical fan stuff. We want to pick other club's players for next to nothing while our guys who have hardly played should cost tens of millions. And while we don't want any clauses when the club buys someone of course other clubs willingly add them to any deals where they buy one of our players.

Basically this is "we are special" stuff which I'd leave to that other lot across the park.

I’ve not mentioned anything about about his transfer fee so not sure what you’re on about there. However, Brands has shown several times now that he’s good at buying low for new players and getting rid of unwanted players for a good price. Granted all prices are subject to the media so we’ll never really know.

Regarding the clause, it’s simple speculation, nothing more, and something we’ve often managed to do. Then consider the rumours about Kean seems to have some kind of buy back clause which would make your point redundant. We also know that the lad is quite highly thought of so we have that to negotiate with too. 

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well he’s not getting into his international team is he.... that’s why the price is low, he’s just not that good by the sounds of it.

He's only a kid and he's on the fringe. Just checked their team and he's unlucky their three best players play his positions. Iwobi left wing, and Musa and Ighalo up front. 

I just think we are under valuing some of these players. Mcburnie as an example hasn’t played in the prem but your talking £17 mill. Webster centre half at Bristol city. Brighton want him and they have been quoted £20 mill plus and then there’s Harry Wilson who is rumoured to be going for £25 mill to Bournemouth. 

46 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's only a kid and he's on the fringe. Just checked their team and he's unlucky their three best players play his positions. Iwobi left wing, and Musa and Ighalo up front. 

Every foreign club knows we can't get a work permit and if he can't beat out Musa and Ighalo is it really that low? They aren't great players. Musa last sold for 14.5 and Ighalo 20. To Saudi and Chinese clubs. 

19 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I just think we are under valuing some of these players. Mcburnie as an example hasn’t played in the prem but your talking £17 mill. Webster centre half at Bristol city. Brighton want him and they have been quoted £20 mill plus and then there’s Harry Wilson who is rumoured to be going for £25 mill to Bournemouth. 

We've beat this to a pulp. The premium paid by UK clubs for UK players is ridiculous. Targett, Mings, Billing, Ayoze Perez, AWB, Ings just stupid money...not to mention the other rumors Maguire, Tarkowski Dunk etc. 

54 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I don't think Henry is a dead wood Mike but the problem is work permit on his case. I think he is talented and if £14m is the correct amount, it is a steal for AS Monaco. I'm pretty sure in a couple of years he will worth more than that.

Can’t be too mad at doubling our money on a player that never set foot on the pitch for us. Disappointing to never see him have a shot here but circumstances were against us. I imagine as we progress as a club we are going to have more incidents where we let go of promising players for one reason or another. It’s the reality of the bigger clubs. I’m sure some Barca fans wish they hadn’t let Digne go and we all know about the players Chelsea have parted with over the years.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

What debt payments? Moshiri’s loan?

FFP, someone already posted our financials and how bloated the debt is becoming again due to higher wages (thanks walsh) and larger money transfers (thanks walsh).  If we don't clear the dead wood and get the salaries back in line in a year or so we could be in FFP trouble.  see the article below

https://theesk.org/2019/07/07/the-more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same/

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

FFP, someone already posted our financials and how bloated the debt is becoming again due to higher wages (thanks walsh) and larger money transfers (thanks walsh).  If we don't clear the dead wood and get the salaries back in line in a year or so we could be in FFP trouble.  see the article below

https://theesk.org/2019/07/07/the-more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same/

There is a difference between being in debt and running foul of FFP. 

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

sorry should have said losses not debt.  regardless money is still an issue, we are in the plus 37.5m so far, which is good although it looks like it will be spent on Kean and more.  Maybe a new sponsorship deal will be announced or something

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Exactly. Plus, whilst I agree being prudent is a good thing to do, now is also the time to not worry about it as much. The new stadium will also give us more space and that’s hopefully only 4 years away. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. Plus, whilst I agree being prudent is a good thing to do, now is also the time to not worry about it as much. The new stadium will also give us more space and that’s hopefully only 4 years away. 

had you read the atrticle we would violtate FFP next year with over 100m in losses, the stadium won't do jack for that.